What did you do to your JK today? - Page 1224 - JeepForum.com
 65Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #18346 of 24645 Old 08-02-2013, 05:03 AM
tankinyj
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: huntington
Posts: 530
So when I picked up my spare 35 it came on a wheel for a TJ. Had someone around me who needed a 15x8 in 5x4.5 so I let him have it. Trying out the spareless look for awhile




Quote:
Originally Posted by SFRautomotive View Post
will a 3" body lift on my XJ still keep me LCG???
2012 JK 2Dr Crush Orange, 4.56's, 3" on OME frankenlift, 35x12.50x15 MT/R's
Orange Crush Jeep Club Member #55
tankinyj is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #18347 of 24645 Old 08-02-2013, 05:20 AM
JasonVideo
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rockledge
Posts: 252
Gutter Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownawayracing View Post
We're did you get it?

USMC Semper Fi/ The sound of a military plane flying overhead is the sound of freedom
Probably DIY. I did it too. Here's a write-up thread:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/m...d-pics-784840/
JasonVideo is offline  
post #18348 of 24645 Old 08-02-2013, 05:23 AM
JasonVideo
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rockledge
Posts: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
$17 gutter guard grill...
Looks great. I did it too. What did you use for glue? I used epoxy and had to go back and super glue a couple back on. If I did it again I would do them all with super glue gel. But overall an easy project!
JasonVideo is offline  
post #18349 of 24645 Old 08-02-2013, 06:25 AM
Filthy-Beast
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Palatine
Posts: 2,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonVideo View Post

Looks great. I did it too. What did you use for glue? I used epoxy and had to go back and super glue a couple back on. If I did it again I would do them all with super glue gel. But overall an easy project!
I was the opposite. I had several of the super glued mounts pop loose, so I reattached with epoxy.

13 JKUR Build thread

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline  
post #18350 of 24645 Old 08-02-2013, 06:27 AM
pauljbrennan
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 43
Rooky mistake; when fitting the synergy compressor bracket, i managed to "dislodge" the brake stuff, and now the brakes are dodgy - any ideas on a fix ???

The "o-ring" looks fine, but i cant depress the brakes fully, and i get a shudder ...
pauljbrennan is offline  
post #18351 of 24645 Old 08-02-2013, 06:38 AM
JPi1
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Yucaipa
Posts: 392
Installed a Rock Slide Engineering trail table
Attached Images
   
JPi1 is offline  
post #18352 of 24645 Old 08-02-2013, 06:39 AM
Astennis1
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ocean Springs
Posts: 215
That things pretty cool, I may have to look into one.
Astennis1 is offline  
post #18353 of 24645 Old 08-02-2013, 06:47 AM
JasonVideo
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rockledge
Posts: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
I was the opposite. I had several of the super glued mounts pop loose, so I reattached with epoxy.
Can you mix epoxy and super glue together? lol
JasonVideo is offline  
post #18354 of 24645 Old 08-02-2013, 06:49 AM
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish
 
Mol's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus
Posts: 7,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljbrennan View Post
Rooky mistake; when fitting the synergy compressor bracket, i managed to "dislodge" the brake stuff, and now the brakes are dodgy - any ideas on a fix ???

The "o-ring" looks fine, but i cant depress the brakes fully, and i get a shudder ...
You likely need a new brake booster. expensive mistake did you depress the brake pedal before securing the master cylinder to the booster?

One of my least favorite parts to install...the four nuts are captured/floating inside of the fitewall. Really tough to get started, really tedious to get tightened all the way down. You gotta do them a little at a time and keep rotating to the next one, with with removing and installing
Mol is offline  
post #18355 of 24645 Old 08-02-2013, 06:54 AM
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish
 
Mol's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus
Posts: 7,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJeeper View Post
Woo hoo! My Off Road Heros top arrived today! Well the fastback part, the cargo top portion will be another week-ish. Anybody know if the cargo top can fit with the tuffy security deck?
Yep the cargo top fits just fine with the security deck...and the security deck top becomes a super convenient storage pocket for the windows. I fold the rear window under itself (its the same piece as the tonneau cover) and then neatly slide the windows underneath.

Getting the channel around the tailgate bar is a huge ***** with the society deck installed, though.
Mol is offline  
post #18356 of 24645 Old 08-02-2013, 07:49 AM
AlbertaJeeper
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mol View Post

Yep the cargo top fits just fine with the security deck...and the security deck top becomes a super convenient storage pocket for the windows. I fold the rear window under itself (its the same piece as the tonneau cover) and then neatly slide the windows underneath.

Getting the channel around the tailgate bar is a huge ***** with the society deck installed, though.
Awesome, thanks for the reply! I've had a tough time searching for a conclusive answer and I have been considering the security deck (next spring probably)
AlbertaJeeper is offline  
post #18357 of 24645 Old 08-02-2013, 08:50 AM
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish
 
Mol's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus
Posts: 7,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJeeper View Post

Awesome, thanks for the reply! I've had a tough time searching for a conclusive answer and I have been considering the security deck (next spring probably)
The security deck is pretty cool, and it works great in combo with that top, BUT, forget hauling anything of size in the back of your jeep ever again. The console doesn't come out quickly.

If you can get past that, its great. It also acts as a great enclosure for a small subwoofer...keeps the bass from floating away.
Mol is offline  
post #18358 of 24645 Old 08-02-2013, 08:55 AM
1222
Make mine a Jeep!
 
1222's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Henderson
Posts: 13,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPi1 View Post
Installed a Rock Slide Engineering trail table
Every time I see one of those it reminds me that I want one. Have you noticed any rattling from it while driving?
1222 is offline  
post #18359 of 24645 Old 08-02-2013, 09:47 AM
ZERO30
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Boise
Posts: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222

Every time I see one of those it reminds me that I want one. Have you noticed any rattling from it while driving?
I got mine from a guy on eBay who custom fabs jeep stuff. Doubles as a molle panel. Wraps around the plastic wire cover on the gate. He has them that says Jeep, Sahara, Rubicon, Rescue, etc. it's super sturdy and doesn't rattle for me. He also makes sets of other molle panels that go over the wheel wells in the cargo area and behind the rear seat.
Attached Images
 
ZERO30 is offline  
post #18360 of 24645 Old 08-02-2013, 09:50 AM
MrFusion
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Columbia
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZER030 View Post
I got mine from a guy on eBay who custom fabs jeep stuff. Doubles as a molle panel. Wraps around the plastic wire cover on the gate. He has them that says Jeep, Sahara, Rubicon, Rescue, etc. it's super sturdy and doesn't rattle for me. He also makes sets of other molle panels that go over the wheel wells in the cargo area and behind the rear seat.
That's the one I have and love it. I have a first aid kit, axe and a hammer mounted on it as well. It does rattle a bit now and then but it works great!
MrFusion is offline  
Reply

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
mfish121
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
I had fun today! Burnerman YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 9 06-18-2014 06:12 PM
Not a good day today. :( CHRRRIS TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 35 09-17-2013 02:39 PM
what i did to my tj today? shovelhead Wrangler General Discussion 6 11-05-2012 12:22 PM
Hit by Bus Today Cooneys08JK JK Wrangler Technical Forum 32 01-07-2012 03:30 PM
New today AZGreenMonster YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 7 09-02-2010 07:52 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome