What did you do to your JK today? - Page 1224 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your JK today?

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 08-02-2013, 05:03 AM   #18346
tankinyj
2012 JK Wrangler 

So when I picked up my spare 35 it came on a wheel for a TJ. Had someone around me who needed a 15x8 in 5x4.5 so I let him have it. Trying out the spareless look for awhile

Orange Crush Jeep Club Member #55
tankinyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 05:20 AM   #18347
JasonVideo
Video Grinch

2013 JK Wrangler 

Gutter Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownawayracing View Post
We're did you get it?

USMC Semper Fi/ The sound of a military plane flying overhead is the sound of freedom
Probably DIY. I did it too. Here's a write-up thread:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/m...d-pics-784840/
JasonVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 05:23 AM   #18348
JasonVideo
Video Grinch

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
$17 gutter guard grill...
Looks great. I did it too. What did you use for glue? I used epoxy and had to go back and super glue a couple back on. If I did it again I would do them all with super glue gel. But overall an easy project!
Unread 08-02-2013, 06:25 AM   #18349
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonVideo View Post

Looks great. I did it too. What did you use for glue? I used epoxy and had to go back and super glue a couple back on. If I did it again I would do them all with super glue gel. But overall an easy project!
I was the opposite. I had several of the super glued mounts pop loose, so I reattached with epoxy.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 06:27 AM   #18350
pauljbrennan
2013 JK Wrangler 

Rooky mistake; when fitting the synergy compressor bracket, i managed to "dislodge" the brake stuff, and now the brakes are dodgy - any ideas on a fix ???

The "o-ring" looks fine, but i cant depress the brakes fully, and i get a shudder ...
pauljbrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 06:38 AM   #18351
JPi1
2008 JK Wrangler 

Installed a Rock Slide Engineering trail table
image-591775796.jpg

image-3877876613.jpg

JPi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 06:39 AM   #18352
Astennis1
2013 JK Wrangler 

That things pretty cool, I may have to look into one.
Astennis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 06:47 AM   #18353
JasonVideo
Video Grinch

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
I was the opposite. I had several of the super glued mounts pop loose, so I reattached with epoxy.
Can you mix epoxy and super glue together? lol
Unread 08-02-2013, 06:49 AM   #18354
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljbrennan View Post
Rooky mistake; when fitting the synergy compressor bracket, i managed to "dislodge" the brake stuff, and now the brakes are dodgy - any ideas on a fix ???

The "o-ring" looks fine, but i cant depress the brakes fully, and i get a shudder ...
You likely need a new brake booster. expensive mistake did you depress the brake pedal before securing the master cylinder to the booster?

One of my least favorite parts to install...the four nuts are captured/floating inside of the fitewall. Really tough to get started, really tedious to get tightened all the way down. You gotta do them a little at a time and keep rotating to the next one, with with removing and installing
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 06:54 AM   #18355
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJeeper View Post
Woo hoo! My Off Road Heros top arrived today! Well the fastback part, the cargo top portion will be another week-ish. Anybody know if the cargo top can fit with the tuffy security deck?
Yep the cargo top fits just fine with the security deck...and the security deck top becomes a super convenient storage pocket for the windows. I fold the rear window under itself (its the same piece as the tonneau cover) and then neatly slide the windows underneath.

Getting the channel around the tailgate bar is a huge ***** with the society deck installed, though.
Unread 08-02-2013, 07:49 AM   #18356
AlbertaJeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mol View Post

Yep the cargo top fits just fine with the security deck...and the security deck top becomes a super convenient storage pocket for the windows. I fold the rear window under itself (its the same piece as the tonneau cover) and then neatly slide the windows underneath.

Getting the channel around the tailgate bar is a huge ***** with the society deck installed, though.
Awesome, thanks for the reply! I've had a tough time searching for a conclusive answer and I have been considering the security deck (next spring probably)
AlbertaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #18357
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJeeper View Post

Awesome, thanks for the reply! I've had a tough time searching for a conclusive answer and I have been considering the security deck (next spring probably)
The security deck is pretty cool, and it works great in combo with that top, BUT, forget hauling anything of size in the back of your jeep ever again. The console doesn't come out quickly.

If you can get past that, its great. It also acts as a great enclosure for a small subwoofer...keeps the bass from floating away.
Unread 08-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #18358
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPi1 View Post
Installed a Rock Slide Engineering trail table
Every time I see one of those it reminds me that I want one. Have you noticed any rattling from it while driving?
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #18359
ZERO30
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222

Every time I see one of those it reminds me that I want one. Have you noticed any rattling from it while driving?
I got mine from a guy on eBay who custom fabs jeep stuff. Doubles as a molle panel. Wraps around the plastic wire cover on the gate. He has them that says Jeep, Sahara, Rubicon, Rescue, etc. it's super sturdy and doesn't rattle for me. He also makes sets of other molle panels that go over the wheel wells in the cargo area and behind the rear seat.
image-2478772293.jpg

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/zer030-rubicon-jk-build-1824306/"][COLOR="red"]ZER030 JK RUBICON BUILD THREAD[/URL][/COLOR]
[URL="http://www.exiledoffroad.com"]EXILED OFFROAD[/URL]
ZERO30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #18360
MrFusion
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZER030 View Post
I got mine from a guy on eBay who custom fabs jeep stuff. Doubles as a molle panel. Wraps around the plastic wire cover on the gate. He has them that says Jeep, Sahara, Rubicon, Rescue, etc. it's super sturdy and doesn't rattle for me. He also makes sets of other molle panels that go over the wheel wells in the cargo area and behind the rear seat.
That's the one I have and love it. I have a first aid kit, axe and a hammer mounted on it as well. It does rattle a bit now and then but it works great!
MrFusion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.