What did you do to your JK today? - Page 1216 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your JK today?

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 07-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #18226
ZERO30
2008 JK Wrangler 

Poison Spyder hood louver

image-669835619.jpg

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/zer030-rubicon-jk-build-1824306/"][COLOR="red"]ZER030 JK RUBICON BUILD THREAD[/URL][/COLOR]
[URL="http://www.exiledoffroad.com"]EXILED OFFROAD[/URL]
ZERO30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #18227
Lynhalla

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
Very nice, like the paint job on the hood. I've been looking at that cage, what are your initial thoughts now that you've installed it?
End result is great but I expected a better fit. a lot of cussing went with the install......holes didnt line up, had to bend crossmember. had to enlarge holes to get factory hard top and soft top to fit. template used for holes in side pillar ended up being off from floor kit so i still have to go back and redrill holes. Talked to buddy that owns offroad shop and he says he has installed several TJ kits and hasnt had any problems.....maybe my Jk just out of skew
RIPP stage 2 SC, Teraflex 6" lift, 37x13.5x18 Toyo OC MT, American Racing artillary wheels, Teraflex monster control arm, Teraflex drag link flip kit, Currie control arms, EVO axle sleeves and gussets, Fox 2.0 shocks, Tom Woods drive shafts, Eaton E-lockers front and rear, G2 5:13 gears, Synergy suspension tie rod and ball joints, synergy suspension sway bar disconnects, RR XHD front bumper, RR muffler and evap cannister skid plate, Body armor rear bumper and tire carrier, Nemesis tub armor and billy rockers, Bushwacker flat fender flares, mastercraft baja seats with corbeau 3 point harness, Warn 8000 winch, rigid LED lights, sprint booster throttle response module, spec stage 2+ clutch
Lynhalla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #18228
ironbike
2011 JK Wrangler 

Got around to installing the bumper today, just need the light bar/ D ring mounts and D rings now. Currently the fog lights are strapped to the inside of the bumper. Im very happy with it, gives the Jeep a much more rugged/aggressive look

Does anyone put the plastic crap back on? I plan on leaving it off

Before

During

plastic crap I do not plan on putting back on

Finished
ironbike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #18229
SlvrJK08
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by planman44 View Post
End result is great but I expected a better fit. a lot of cussing went with the install......holes didnt line up, had to bend crossmember. had to enlarge holes to get factory hard top and soft top to fit. template used for holes in side pillar ended up being off from floor kit so i still have to go back and redrill holes. Talked to buddy that owns offroad shop and he says he has installed several TJ kits and hasnt had any problems.....maybe my Jk just out of skew
No your jk is not out of wack. I had similar experience installing my orfab cage w/ floor supports. I'm glad it's done and am happy with it for the most part but would never install one again. Not to mention I have a lot of orfab product on my jeep, their stuff is tough as nails and I have a good bit of confidence in this cage even though it's just a bolt in, but I would have like to see things fit a little better.
Unread 07-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #18230
waltmeda
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbike View Post
Got around to installing the bumper today, just need the light bar/ D ring mounts and D rings now. Currently the fog lights are strapped to the inside of the bumper. Im very happy with it, gives the Jeep a much more rugged/aggressive look

Does anyone put the plastic crap back on? I plan on leaving it off

Before

During

plastic crap I do not plan on putting back on

Finished
Nice Job! The bumper looks great!
waltmeda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 10:10 PM   #18231
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

not today but two days ago I took the jeep camping and to the beach for the first time

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 11:33 PM   #18232
ZERO30
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn
not today but two days ago I took the jeep camping and to the beach for the first time

Not fair! I wanna drive in the beach! Oregon coast?? Which beach? Which one can I drive on? I'm only 8 hours away.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/zer030-rubicon-jk-build-1824306/"][COLOR="red"]ZER030 JK RUBICON BUILD THREAD[/URL][/COLOR]
Unread 07-23-2013, 12:49 AM   #18233
pauljbrennan
2013 JK Wrangler 

Finally finished sPod install. Not too bad and it works fine. A bit tricky to get the able into the engine bay, but a coathanger did the trick.

All working

image-2407111526.jpg

Wired up

image-1601033236.jpg

Hole in engine bay

image-3708718662.jpg
pauljbrennan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #18234
sinjin313

Smashed my soft top backing out of my garage. Appartently the angle fits going in but not out. It's bent to crap and one of the knobs broke off. Also broke the garage door. Awesome. Should I get a new factory top or go with a fastback top?
sinjin313 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #18235
JasonVideo
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjin313 View Post
Smashed my soft top backing out of my garage. Appartently the angle fits going in but not out. It's bent to crap and one of the knobs broke off. Also broke the garage door. Awesome. Should I get a new factory top or go with a fastback top?
Damn it that sux!! Reminds me of one of those Allstate Mayhem commercials. I hope you can laugh about it some day. I have no opinion on the soft top, I have a hard top.
JasonVideo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #18236
Spank
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjin313 View Post
If the fabric is okay, I'd just hit Craigslist for replacement parts. There's always soft tops on there that are faded with scratched windows and what not, but you can use the framework and accessories and just toss the rest (or sell it again), and they're generally dirt cheap.
Unread 07-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #18237
NIUPonyBoy
2013 JK Wrangler 

That spod is neat.

Same as everyday, drove her to and from work lol
-'07 Mineral Gray Ford Mustang GT Convertible
-'05 Silver Dodge Ram2500 PowerWagon Hemi 4x4
-'05 Silver Ford Freestar SEL Handicapped
NIUPonyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #18238
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank View Post
If the fabric is okay, I'd just hit Craigslist for replacement parts. There's always soft tops on there that are faded with scratched windows and what not, but you can use the framework and accessories and just toss the rest (or sell it again), and they're generally dirt cheap.
This, however, if replacing I'd go with a Bestop Trek Top NX, love mine.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #18239
JSingr

Will have better pics this weekend.. getting late and just had my cell..but get the idea..Finished Line-X the interior/exterior..Installed E&G grill..
Fesler handles didn't fit..have to call them tomorrow..
ek-grill.jpg

linexside2.jpg

JSingr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #18240
ZERO30
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSingr
Will have better pics this weekend.. getting late and just had my cell..but get the idea..Finished Line-X the interior/exterior..Installed E&G grill..
Fesler handles didn't fit..have to call them tomorrow..
Woah. Was the jeep black before?

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.