Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your JK today?

4M views 27K replies 3K participants last post by  SKT 
#1 ·
Stole this idea from the TJ forum who stole it from the YJ forum. When I had my TJ this was one of the best threads to get ideas from and was full of great pics.

I'll start us off.

Today I powerwashed the heck out of it after my trip on Sunday to the Badlands. See HERE for trail report.

#23,945 ·
Since the BL I've been thinking/searching for the cure For da GAP in da BACK. Even went to Orlando yesterday for the Jeep and Truckfest for answers.

Decided on Rusto's Truck Bed Liner spray, prolly could post in cheap mods. Did the pinch seams all the way around as well.

Attachments

#23,946 ·
Since the BL I've been thinking/searching for the cure For da GAP in da BACK. Even went to Orlando yesterday for the Jeep and Truckfest for answers.

Decided on Rusto's Truck Bed Liner spray, prolly could post in cheap mods. Did the pinch seams all the way around as well.
That looks great. I'm stealing that idea😄
Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Plant Automotive side marker light Tire

#23,948 ·
No pictues yet, but last night I started removing my OBA system. I am not happy with the compressor being mounted in the engine bay due to heat and the tank is not necessary as halfway through the first tire the pressure equalizes and you are only putting into the tire what the compressor is putting out. No sense in carrying around that extra weight and making the engine compartment any more cluttered than it already is so I am fabricating a mounting bracket to mount it in the rear cargo bay in the void just above and forward of the right rear wheelwell.

Mike.

#23,952 ·
No pictues yet, but last night I started removing my OBA system. I am not happy with the compressor being mounted in the engine bay due to heat and the tank is not necessary as halfway through the first tire the pressure equalizes and you are only putting into the tire what the compressor is putting out. No sense in carrying around that extra weight and making the engine compartment any more cluttered than it already is so I am fabricating a mounting bracket to mount it in the rear cargo bay in the void just above and forward of the right rear wheelwell.

Mike.
The more I read about this the more I am thankful I haven't gone through the challenge of installing the tank (means I would have to remove the muffler to fit it). I too am working on a rear compressor mounted setup. I'll be interested to see what you come up with. I too will post up a pic once I've got mine installed properly.

#23,955 ·
Got the windows tinted. 35% VLT using 3M film by a shop. Hardtop already had the factory tint, so this is in addition to that. Fronts can only be 35% VLT in New Zealand.

Also, changed the antennae with this one from ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/191309985215)

Booked for a snorkel fit tomorrow.

Attachments

#23,956 ·
Kiwi Jeeper said:
Got the windows tinted. 35% VLT using 3M film by a shop. Hardtop already had the factory tint, so this is in addition to that. Fronts can only be 35% VLT in New Zealand. Also, changed the antennae with this one from ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/191309985215) Booked for a snorkel fit tomorrow.
I have the rugged ridge snorkel I like it.

(0|||||||0)

#23,957 ·
#23,959 ·
Finally got my black lug nuts in. Looks much better than chrome. Chrome is for motorcycles
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Car