Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your JK today?

4M views 27K replies 3K participants last post by  SKT 
#1 ·
Stole this idea from the TJ forum who stole it from the YJ forum. When I had my TJ this was one of the best threads to get ideas from and was full of great pics.

I'll start us off.

Today I powerwashed the heck out of it after my trip on Sunday to the Badlands. See HERE for trail report.

#23,644 ·
Installed teraflex 1.75 leveling kit today. Wasn't bad. Took about three hours. The next one might take half that. I need a composure and some air tool.

#23,645 ·
Cool! How do you like the sound of the Dynomax?
I considered buying that but I wanted something that tucked up high. I was going to put it where you did. But bought a Flowmaster 40 and placed it where the old stock muffler was. It is very small and tucked away nicely.

Have you done anything to protect the Evap canister from the hot muffler? i.e. heat shield
Now that it has some miles on it (maybe 100), it's smoothed out a little but is throaty for a 6cyl. DEFINITELY worth the chump change. I have not done anything for a heat shield. I didn't notice anybody complaining about that, but thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look!

I like the look of that set up, 2.5" inlet and outlet? part number?
Yep, 2.5". PN 39522

Must be the same a**holes who send out worms or anything else destructive to people's PCs. I guess some people are just idiots who get their rocks off destroying other's property. BTW, sweet looking Jeep! :)
Agreed, and thank you!

I finally had some time to do some mild wheeling in the mountains near me.

Attachments

#23,651 ·
New Front Bumper

My second mod completed if you can call grab bar handles a first mod. With a little help from my son and neighbors I know have a Body Armor 4x4 Front Winch Bumper and a couple of new clevises on my 2007 JK Unlimited X!! We had some fitment problems but Body Armor 4x4 customer service was awesome.

Attachments

#23,652 ·
jmdwifi, do you have a "before" you put the Teraflex leveling kit on picture? I am looking to do something with my 2007 JKU. With a new bumper and 80# of winch coming someday, it is getting even lower up front.

#23,654 ·
Removed the small spring from the gas pedal assembly. Nice and soft now! I don't have to smash the pedal to go! Easy fix!!!

#23,655 · (Edited)
Tranny Maintenance & installation of skid plates

Finally, I have had the time and motivation to work on the Jeep. I installed the transmission cooler, but I may need to add more line and reroute it since I really needed a 90° insert but the store didn't have one. It seems to be working but it is a tight curve. I also changed the transmission fluid (what a painful mess) and added a drain plug. I'm installing a M.O.R.E oil pan/transmission skid plate. Challenging work since I stopped working out and my muscles have gotten weak. No room for the air wrenches, so I must use the hand powered tools. I have really gotten spoiled by the use of air power. Next on the list is to install a protective plate on the front diff. Back in October, I slipped off a rock and hit the diff pretty hard (knocked some metal off) :nono:.

Once I get this rig off the ramp, I'll start working on the canoe trailer (extending the tongue by 8') and then replacing the utility trailer deck. I may take a few days off and go fishing & camping. Too much time spent on home working on "stuff". :tea:

Attachments