What did you do to your JK today? - Page 1183 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your JK today?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #17731
n3tfury

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher View Post
I have an 09 the first time ever was hard abs the first time for the year is hard. Last Sunday I took all 4 off in less than 4 minutes.
I can widdle it down to <10 min I'm betting. I'm going to time it next time.

n3tfury is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:03 AM   #17732
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetrifakta View Post

Got it!
I have a 2 door, but I'd also suggest strapping those bows together (the ones that lie inside the rails when it's down). The top has a tendency to act like a spinnaker sail/wind sock:-) I use a strip of 3" Velcro per side, and stow them around the roll bar when the top's up.

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/s...earthquake.jpg
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #17733
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Tried to swap out a bad wheel stud, but could not get the drum off am had to scrap it when I ripped an unknown blister off my finger. Under the glove thank god...

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #17734
YATZI1980
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIM_OF_PAIN
Tried to swap out a bad wheel stud, but could not get the drum off am had to scrap it when I ripped an unknown blister off my finger. Under the glove thank god...
Had the same problem STS cranked them on way too tight then broke one and tried to blame someone else. Guy asked " who the he$& put these on?" Ummmm you....
Never bringing the jeep there. Do it all myself now with a torque wrench. Grab yourself a rubber mallet tap the drum a bit it'll pop off.
YATZI1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #17735
Border
2010 JK Wrangler 

Just installed my new Roof Rack
dsc_0012_2.jpg   dsc_0013_2.jpg  
Border is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #17736
cjake7

10000 LB winch 243 to the door.

I just purchased a winch form JC Whitney. Its 4WD Pros brand. I dont know anything about them, do you? It was the same price as the Smitty Built 8000. Whitney has a 20% coupon TNXDAD extended for today. 304 - 20% plus free shipping 243 to my door. Cant beat that deal.

Last edited by cjake7; 06-17-2013 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: coupon code was incorrect
cjake7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #17737
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjake7
I just purchased a winch form JC Whitney. Its 4WD Pros brand. I dont know anything about them, do you? It was the same price as the Smitty Built 8000. Whitney has a 20% coupon TXNDAD extended for today. 304 - 20% plus free shipping 243 to my door. Cant beat that deal.
Unless the winch sucks
[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #640[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #17738
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Took it in for a front end alignment this morning after installing Reid Racing steering knuckles, Synergy ball joints and Synergy drag link. As expected the toe was way off. The tires were pointing outward.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #17739
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YATZI1980 View Post
Had the same problem STS cranked them on way too tight then broke one and tried to blame someone else. Guy asked " who the he$& put these on?" Ummmm you....
Never bringing the jeep there. Do it all myself now with a torque wrench. Grab yourself a rubber mallet tap the drum a bit it'll pop off.
I beat the living snot out of the drum and it wouldn't budge. As for the person who stripped it, it happened to be the guy who does all my work, would have had him fix it but he's a little far away.

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
Unread 06-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #17740
ss44camaro
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

I beat the living snot out of the drum and it wouldn't budge. As for the person who stripped it, it happened to be the guy who does all my work, would have had him fix it but he's a little far away.
Pb blaster and keep beating on it... Heat as a last resort.
ss44camaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #17741
ncb

Quote:

Not questioning your ability or intelligence, but was the parking brake set? It happens to everyone at least once in a lifetime.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #17742
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb View Post
Not questioning your ability or intelligence, but was the parking brake set? It happens to everyone at least once in a lifetime.
I appreciate that 100%. lol

Parking brake was not set, as a matter if fact I do t think I've ever set it. I read about adjusting it will make life a lot easier. I'm just going to have the pros take care I it. I play guitar and its not worth the skin on my fingers anymore...

Unread 06-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #17743
kosmos

2012 JK Wrangler 

I'll keep you guys posted on long term use. If they rust out or get booger up
all ya all will know. I can tell you the first time I saw my hood flapping
it really alarmed me. Don't think I'll ever experience that again - but
if these things don't do well in the elements then I'll need another
solution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmensing View Post
I would like to k ow the quality of the hold downs after bout 3 mo that I have heard reviews that they rust. I really like their look and style but have just gone with the day star polyester replacements while I research more regarding the drake option.
2012 JK Rubicon in Flame Red, ACE Rock Sliders, LoD Stubby Stinger front, LoD Stubby rear,Rock-Krawler 3.5" X factor Pro mid-arm, RCV ultimate front axles, Warn PP HP, 37" KM2s on AEV Savegre wheels, 10 Factory rear axles,MC front Fenders, Reid Knuckles,aFe Cold Air
kosmos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #17744
donny90yj
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

I appreciate that 100%. lol

Parking brake was not set, as a matter if fact I do t think I've ever set it. I read about adjusting it will make life a lot easier. I'm just going to have the pros take care I it. I play guitar and its not worth the skin on my fingers anymore...
First time the drums were taken off? Did you remove those stupid lock washers on the studs? Should be 2 that hold the drum on tight.
donny90yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #17745
davnadz
2007 JK Wrangler 

topless thunderstorm

Pushed on thru the rain. The kind that shows up red on the weather maps. People had flashers on.
Learned that >60mph keeps me mostly dry, but there was enough spray that I'll be Rain-X'ing the inside glass from now on!

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.