What did you do to your JK today? - Page 1159 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your JK today?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #17371
mrcoyote
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
Can you show me a picture of how you did this?
I'll take a photo -- but might not be able to get to that for a couple of days now.... it's just fiberglass window screen repair kit ($12 @ home depot) with some strip tape magnets ($8 @ home depot) on it in 'strategic' locations.

Again, I'll put up a photo - just won't get a chance until Thursday.

mrcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #17372
YATZI1980
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoyote
AEV floor mats (front & rear).

a couple of auxiliary switches (they have a red LED when on)... future use only - but I installed them and made wiring harnesses that run under the dash & are tied up out of the way for now. I'll build my own "spod-like" relay box for under the hood later.

LED reverse lights - with the CREE lenses (bought on ebay for $25) & smitty built tail light guards. Passenger side with 'original' bulb to show the difference.

Finally decided on where my Rigid Industries light switches will go: Room for 4 switches here. I plan on having pillar lights and lightly 2 sets up top (I'm hoping to put a roof rack on). Oops.. forgot to put the under steering wheel panel back on prior to the photo.

Added a 3 port 12V outlet box above the mirror. It has 2 USB charging ports too. I do have the 430 nav head unit in the jeep, but I like the extra GPS running with a different zoom level - that way I can see 'possible' trails or areas of interest all around me. (there is a zip tie on it right now - holding it tight to the plastic trim until the double sided tape sets properly).

I've been 'camping' in the back of the jeep on my weekend get away excursions... I had a car tablet mount kicking around and decided it would work on the soft top bracket. Now I can watch movies when it's "bed time". Now playing: Big Trouble in Little China

Finally... waking up with the sun beating on a black jeep gets uncomfortable quick.. so window screens - magnet mounted on the outside.

That's it for today! It's been busy.
Planned: more lights, 3.5" lift, new tires & wheels (Worx "Triad" perhaps), roof rack, roof top tent and awning.
Do you have a link for the reverse lights? Also did you have to install a resistor for them ?
YATZI1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #17373
RyanJK08OK
2008 JK Wrangler 

Installed VDP stubby bumper caps.
RyanJK08OK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #17374
mrcoyote
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YATZI1980 View Post
Do you have a link for the reverse lights? Also did you have to install a resistor for them ?
No link, sorry.. just search on ebay for 3147 CREE bulb (I think it's a 3147 type - or 3157). there seems to be 'different' (but really the same) ones come up on there all the time.

the buyer I found had a 'make an offer' button. $25 was accepted the next day. shipping was quick.

No resistor needed - but then, I haven't had a chance to look at them at night yet. There may be a soft glow from them when not activated (I'll check tonight) I know my interior LED's are like that when not on due to the CANBUS monitoring in the Jeep.
mrcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 06:53 PM   #17375
YATZI1980
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoyote

No link, sorry.. just search on ebay for 3147 CREE bulb (I think it's a 3147 type - or 3157). there seems to be 'different' (but really the same) ones come up on there all the time.

the buyer I found had a 'make an offer' button. $25 was accepted the next day. shipping was quick.

No resistor needed - but then, I haven't had a chance to look at them at night yet. There may be a soft glow from them when not activated (I'll check tonight) I know my interior LED's are like that when not on due to the CANBUS monitoring in the Jeep.
Yeah the led turn signals I have require resistors. Thanks for the info. I'm gonna order from the seller in the USA looks like all e others come from china
YATZI1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #17376
ThunderFoot

2007 JK Wrangler 

Last Thursday I drove 700 miles only to lock my keys in the Jeep. Of course, I had to do it when the hard top was on and it was 93° outside. Commented to my friend that we should have moved the Jeep into the garage first.
Fortunately, the keys were sitting on the passenger seat. Took the hinges off and pulled the door away (it wouldn't unlatch) and I was able to get the keys with a magnetic wand.
Freedom Top (Black) • Soft Top (Black) • 285/75R17 TOYO Open Country AT • Pro-Comp 3036 17x9 Alloy Wheels • TUFFY Security Drawer • Delta Quad-Bar Xenon Headlights • JK 6-Switch sPOD Source • SuperChips Flashpaq Tune
Diode Dynamics LED License Plate • Cobra 75 WX ST • 4' Wilson Antenna • AIRAID SynthaMax Cool Air Dam Intake System • Hella FF 500 Driving Lights • Hella Black Magic Driving Lights • Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Tailgate Cover
9" Billet Antenna • RR XHD Bumpers Fore & Aft with Storage Ends and Spare Tyre Carrier • XRC8 Winch • 2.5" Pro-Comp Suspension • Bilstein Shocks • RECON LED Smoked Turn Signals & Fender Lens

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1958
NRA Patron Life Member
ThunderFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #17377
JK_Driver

2010 JK Wrangler 

Installed a sticker my wife got for me! I like it!
window-sticker-640x360-.jpg  
Unread 05-22-2013, 10:27 PM   #17378
tankinyj
2012 JK Wrangler 

Last weekend I took it to Rausch for wheeling. First trip with the new lift and tires. VERY PLEASED 10/10 would do again. Ended up breaking some stuff such as the OEM steering stab, backed the upper rear bolts on my shock out, ripped a fender off, and now my rear diff is leaking. Some new parts in my near future. And yes I know I need a full size spare/remove the stock for now

Orange Crush Jeep Club Member #55
tankinyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 08:42 AM   #17379
DuplinPirate
2010 JK Wrangler 

Get her dressed for summer.
dscn1662.jpg   dscn1665.jpg   dscn1666.jpg   dscn1667.jpg  
DuplinPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 07:19 PM   #17380
ThunderFoot

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK_Driver View Post
Installed a sticker my wife got for me! I like it!
Life begins at .45
Freedom Top (Black) • Soft Top (Black) • 285/75R17 TOYO Open Country AT • Pro-Comp 3036 17x9 Alloy Wheels • TUFFY Security Drawer • Delta Quad-Bar Xenon Headlights • JK 6-Switch sPOD Source • SuperChips Flashpaq Tune
Diode Dynamics LED License Plate • Cobra 75 WX ST • 4' Wilson Antenna • AIRAID SynthaMax Cool Air Dam Intake System • Hella FF 500 Driving Lights • Hella Black Magic Driving Lights • Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Tailgate Cover
9" Billet Antenna • RR XHD Bumpers Fore & Aft with Storage Ends and Spare Tyre Carrier • XRC8 Winch • 2.5" Pro-Comp Suspension • Bilstein Shocks • RECON LED Smoked Turn Signals & Fender Lens

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1958
NRA Patron Life Member
ThunderFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #17381
wilgeno
Bug-Out!

2013 JK Wrangler 

My brand new 2013 JK got her first "mod" today. Smittybilt Rock Rails. The spending has begun! And since it isn't polite to post without pics, here they are.
jksiderails1.jpg   jksiderails2.jpg   jksiderails3.jpg  
wilgeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #17382
PanthersFan
Not old, just older

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilgeno
My brand new 2013 JK got her first "mod" today. Smittybilt Rock Rails. The spending has begun! And since it isn't polity to boast without pics, here they are.
The smittybilt badge is just applied with some double-sided tape. I removed mine as the last step of the install.
THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution.
PanthersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #17383
Phantom6090
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Last edited by Phantom6090; 08-13-2013 at 07:07 PM..
Phantom6090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #17384
wilgeno
Bug-Out!

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFan View Post
The smittybilt badge is just applied with some double-sided tape. I removed mine as the last step of the install.
Yeah I saw that. Those sticker badges won't last long.
wilgeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 04:42 AM   #17385
jrmars07
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom6090 View Post
????????

Tera Front Lower Controls Arms, Rear Upper Control Arms, Synergy HD Balljoints
Tom Woods 1310 Driveshafts
33" KM2's on ProComp 7069 16x8's
Superchips Flashpaq
AEV Premium Front Bumper, IPF 900XSD Lights, Warn 9.5ti w/ Synthetic Line
AEV Rear Bumper, Tuffy Security Deck
D30 Front Sleeved and Gusseted, RCV's, ARB Locked
4.88 G2 Gears
D44 Rear ARB Locked, Chromoly Shafts[/CENTER]
jrmars07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.