What did you do to your JK today? - Page 1158 - JeepForum.com

 99Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #17356 of 24941 Old 05-21-2013, 04:50 PM
Utah_Jay
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Murray
Posts: 333
Added Daystar Hood Wranglers. Wow these things are super tight!



Utah_Jay is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17357 of 24941 Old 05-21-2013, 04:59 PM
mmartinelle
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: indianapolis
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCopper
I got bored, so I chopped up my bumper.

I figured you guys know what a stock bumper looks like, so I didn't take a picture of that. This is after the removal of the plastic bumper cover, grinding off the cans, and the replacement of the metal bumper, taped for cutting. I had to drive it like this to Lowe's because I discovered I didn't have any metal saws for sawzall left. Yeah.

Post bumper end removal procedure.

After some wire brushing. And, yes. I play a Roman Centurion in my off time.

Some quick priming before paint on my paint stand.

The boy helping me install it.

And the finished product for now. The paint is barely dry in this pic. I wasn't going for "quality" so much as "done".
I was thinking of doing this exact thing. Looks pretty easy and gets rid of the hideous stock bumper! Did the cover come off of it easily?
mmartinelle is offline  
post #17358 of 24941 Old 05-21-2013, 05:33 PM
budmanm3
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedude19 View Post
Um... what? Lol pics!?
For storage in my garage.. basic concept here
Attached Thumbnails
1369179173572.jpg  

2012 Sahara Unlimited
budmanm3 is offline  
post #17359 of 24941 Old 05-21-2013, 05:45 PM
stevedude19
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Winkler
Posts: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by budmanm3 View Post

For storage in my garage.. basic concept here
Oh great idea! I should do this aswell Thanks

95 YJ Rio Grande 2.5L 4cyl 30" BFG ATs 4 inch rc lift 4.0L TB Cold air intake (302 swap in progress)
2010 JK 6 speed
stevedude19 is offline  
post #17360 of 24941 Old 05-21-2013, 07:17 PM
ss44camaro
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: amarillo
Posts: 56
made some decals



I come from drag racing background and love my SS camaro, tried to bring a little of that in with the red SS
ss44camaro is offline  
post #17361 of 24941 Old 05-21-2013, 09:24 PM
djm
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: PENNINGTON
Posts: 420
Installed my ace rock sliders on my new Rubicon .... look great ...... easy install ..... pictures to follow
djm is offline  
post #17362 of 24941 Old 05-21-2013, 10:06 PM
mrcoyote
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 21
AEV floor mats (front & rear).


a couple of auxiliary switches (they have a red LED when on)... future use only - but I installed them and made wiring harnesses that run under the dash & are tied up out of the way for now. I'll build my own "spod-like" relay box for under the hood later.


LED reverse lights - with the CREE lenses (bought on ebay for $25) & smitty built tail light guards. Passenger side with 'original' bulb to show the difference.


Finally decided on where my Rigid Industries light switches will go: Room for 4 switches here. I plan on having pillar lights and lightly 2 sets up top (I'm hoping to put a roof rack on). Oops.. forgot to put the under steering wheel panel back on prior to the photo.


Added a 3 port 12V outlet box above the mirror. It has 2 USB charging ports too. I do have the 430 nav head unit in the jeep, but I like the extra GPS running with a different zoom level - that way I can see 'possible' trails or areas of interest all around me. (there is a zip tie on it right now - holding it tight to the plastic trim until the double sided tape sets properly).


I've been 'camping' in the back of the jeep on my weekend get away excursions... I had a car tablet mount kicking around and decided it would work on the soft top bracket. Now I can watch movies when it's "bed time". Now playing: Big Trouble in Little China


Finally... waking up with the sun beating on a black jeep gets uncomfortable quick.. so window screens - magnet mounted on the outside.


That's it for today! It's been busy.
Planned: more lights, 3.5" lift, new tires & wheels (Worx "Triad" perhaps), roof rack, roof top tent and awning.
mrcoyote is offline  
post #17363 of 24941 Old 05-21-2013, 11:10 PM
JPi1
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Yucaipa
Posts: 392
Installed a color matched Spiderwebshade
Attached Thumbnails
image-3076042021.jpg  
JPi1 is offline  
post #17364 of 24941 Old 05-21-2013, 11:20 PM
Blownawayracing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Buckeye
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPi1
Installed a color matched Spiderwebshade
Looks great

USMC Semper Fi/ The sound of a military plane flying overhead is the sound of freedom
Blownawayracing is offline  
post #17365 of 24941 Old 05-21-2013, 11:22 PM
JPi1
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Yucaipa
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownawayracing

Looks great

USMC Semper Fi/ The sound of a military plane flying overhead is the sound of freedom
Thanks!
JPi1 is offline  
post #17366 of 24941 Old 05-22-2013, 06:00 AM
Filthy-Beast
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Palatine
Posts: 2,332
Quote:
Finally... waking up with the sun beating on a black jeep gets uncomfortable quick.. so window screens - magnet mounted on the outside.
Can you show me a picture of how you did this?

13 JKUR Build thread

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline  
post #17367 of 24941 Old 05-22-2013, 06:24 AM
JasonVideo
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rockledge
Posts: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoyote View Post
AEV floor mats (front & rear).


a couple of auxiliary switches (they have a red LED when on)... future use only - but I installed them and made wiring harnesses that run under the dash & are tied up out of the way for now. I'll build my own "spod-like" relay box for under the hood later.


LED reverse lights - with the CREE lenses (bought on ebay for $25) & smitty built tail light guards. Passenger side with 'original' bulb to show the difference.


Finally decided on where my Rigid Industries light switches will go: Room for 4 switches here. I plan on having pillar lights and lightly 2 sets up top (I'm hoping to put a roof rack on). Oops.. forgot to put the under steering wheel panel back on prior to the photo.


Added a 3 port 12V outlet box above the mirror. It has 2 USB charging ports too. I do have the 430 nav head unit in the jeep, but I like the extra GPS running with a different zoom level - that way I can see 'possible' trails or areas of interest all around me. (there is a zip tie on it right now - holding it tight to the plastic trim until the double sided tape sets properly).


I've been 'camping' in the back of the jeep on my weekend get away excursions... I had a car tablet mount kicking around and decided it would work on the soft top bracket. Now I can watch movies when it's "bed time". Now playing: Big Trouble in Little China


Finally... waking up with the sun beating on a black jeep gets uncomfortable quick.. so window screens - magnet mounted on the outside.


That's it for today! It's been busy.
Planned: more lights, 3.5" lift, new tires & wheels (Worx "Triad" perhaps), roof rack, roof top tent and awning.
You are frigging McGyver!
JasonVideo is offline  
post #17368 of 24941 Old 05-22-2013, 07:27 AM
Kenny-g
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Goodfellow AFB
Posts: 515
Damn yeah he is! That's the kinda crap I wanna be able to do on the fly haha


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Project; LOST YETI
'13 Wrangler Sport "Lee-Roy2.0"
32" BFGoodrich Mud Terrain T/As | Rubi MOABs | OMIX-ADA Locking Lugs | Rough Country hybrid front bumper & 8K lb Smittybuilt winch coming soon!
Kenny-g is offline  
post #17369 of 24941 Old 05-22-2013, 07:40 AM
mrcoyote
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 21
I have the 'premium' alpine sound system and have been wondering about the sound quality issues. I've stuffed the sound bar and sub box with polyfill to help deaden any resonant vibrations, but decided to play further.

I think a lot of us are 'over driving' the speakers -- my guess is the crossovers (they filter frequencies to different speakers) aren't really adjusted to ideal points - that being said, I've adjusted my settings and have some 'decent' sound. I listen to a lot of 90's rock and get relatively clean sound throughout all spectrums. I can crank the volume with little to no distortion and have a good kick with the bass. It still is far from a precision car audio system (I used to do high end installs many years ago), but it's actually not as bad as I originally thought.

Turn down your bass a fair bit:


Fade slightly front - your 'sound stage' should come from the front anyway -- how many of you go to a concert but turn your back to the band?!?


Of course, this is all personal preference - some of you may prefer 'muddy' bass or your sound stage at the rear - but if you're struggling for sound quality, give it a try.
mrcoyote is offline  
post #17370 of 24941 Old 05-22-2013, 08:32 AM
JasonVideo
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rockledge
Posts: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoyote View Post
I have the 'premium' alpine sound system and have been wondering about the sound quality issues. I've stuffed the sound bar and sub box with polyfill to help deaden any resonant vibrations, but decided to play further.

I think a lot of us are 'over driving' the speakers -- my guess is the crossovers (they filter frequencies to different speakers) aren't really adjusted to ideal points - that being said, I've adjusted my settings and have some 'decent' sound. I listen to a lot of 90's rock and get relatively clean sound throughout all spectrums. I can crank the volume with little to no distortion and have a good kick with the bass. It still is far from a precision car audio system (I used to do high end installs many years ago), but it's actually not as bad as I originally thought.

Turn down your bass a fair bit:


Fade slightly front - your 'sound stage' should come from the front anyway -- how many of you go to a concert but turn your back to the band?!?


Of course, this is all personal preference - some of you may prefer 'muddy' bass or your sound stage at the rear - but if you're struggling for sound quality, give it a try.
Interesting thought. I prefer to be more immersed in the sound than feel like it's hitting me in the face. But I see your rationale there. Has anyone done any MINOR stereo upgrades like a small amp/crossover combo? Replace the stock sub? I have only had my JKUR for a month and I don't have a lot of complaints about the stereo. Mind you this is coming from a Scion Xd. lol My YJ had a full blown aftermarket stereo. I don't feel the need to sink a lot of cash into the stereo as long as it sounds decent with all of the removable parts removed from the Jeep. But a small power boost with crossover can be a world of difference.

Jason
JasonVideo is offline  
Reply

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Not a good day today. :( CHRRRIS TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 39 08-14-2016 04:08 PM
I had fun today! Burnerman YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 9 06-18-2014 06:12 PM
what i did to my tj today? shovelhead Wrangler General Discussion 6 11-05-2012 12:22 PM
Hit by Bus Today Cooneys08JK JK Wrangler Technical Forum 32 01-07-2012 03:30 PM
New today AZGreenMonster YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 7 09-02-2010 07:52 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome