What did you do to your JK today? - Page 1158 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your JK today?

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 05-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #17356
Utah_Jay
2007 JK Wrangler 

Added Daystar Hood Wranglers. Wow these things are super tight!

Utah_Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #17357
mmartinelle
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCopper
I got bored, so I chopped up my bumper.

I figured you guys know what a stock bumper looks like, so I didn't take a picture of that. This is after the removal of the plastic bumper cover, grinding off the cans, and the replacement of the metal bumper, taped for cutting. I had to drive it like this to Lowe's because I discovered I didn't have any metal saws for sawzall left. Yeah.

Post bumper end removal procedure.

After some wire brushing. And, yes. I play a Roman Centurion in my off time.

Some quick priming before paint on my paint stand.

The boy helping me install it.

And the finished product for now. The paint is barely dry in this pic. I wasn't going for "quality" so much as "done".
I was thinking of doing this exact thing. Looks pretty easy and gets rid of the hideous stock bumper! Did the cover come off of it easily?
mmartinelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #17358
budmanm3
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedude19 View Post
Um... what? Lol pics!?
For storage in my garage.. basic concept here
1369179173572.jpg  
Unread 05-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #17359
stevedude19
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by budmanm3 View Post

For storage in my garage.. basic concept here
Oh great idea! I should do this aswell Thanks
Unread 05-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #17360
ss44camaro
2013 JK Wrangler 

made some decals

I come from drag racing background and love my SS camaro, tried to bring a little of that in with the red SS
ss44camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #17361
djm
2013 JK Wrangler 

Installed my ace rock sliders on my new Rubicon .... look great ...... easy install ..... pictures to follow
djm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #17362
mrcoyote
2012 JK Wrangler 

AEV floor mats (front & rear).

a couple of auxiliary switches (they have a red LED when on)... future use only - but I installed them and made wiring harnesses that run under the dash & are tied up out of the way for now. I'll build my own "spod-like" relay box for under the hood later.

LED reverse lights - with the CREE lenses (bought on ebay for $25) & smitty built tail light guards. Passenger side with 'original' bulb to show the difference.

Finally decided on where my Rigid Industries light switches will go: Room for 4 switches here. I plan on having pillar lights and lightly 2 sets up top (I'm hoping to put a roof rack on). Oops.. forgot to put the under steering wheel panel back on prior to the photo.

Added a 3 port 12V outlet box above the mirror. It has 2 USB charging ports too. I do have the 430 nav head unit in the jeep, but I like the extra GPS running with a different zoom level - that way I can see 'possible' trails or areas of interest all around me. (there is a zip tie on it right now - holding it tight to the plastic trim until the double sided tape sets properly).

I've been 'camping' in the back of the jeep on my weekend get away excursions... I had a car tablet mount kicking around and decided it would work on the soft top bracket. Now I can watch movies when it's "bed time". Now playing: Big Trouble in Little China

Finally... waking up with the sun beating on a black jeep gets uncomfortable quick.. so window screens - magnet mounted on the outside.

That's it for today! It's been busy.
Planned: more lights, 3.5" lift, new tires & wheels (Worx "Triad" perhaps), roof rack, roof top tent and awning.
mrcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 11:10 PM   #17363
JPi1
2008 JK Wrangler 

Installed a color matched Spiderwebshade
image-3076042021.jpg  
JPi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #17364
Blownawayracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPi1
Installed a color matched Spiderwebshade
Looks great

USMC Semper Fi/ The sound of a military plane flying overhead is the sound of freedom
Blownawayracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 11:22 PM   #17365
JPi1
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownawayracing

Looks great

USMC Semper Fi/ The sound of a military plane flying overhead is the sound of freedom
Thanks!
JPi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 06:00 AM   #17366
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Finally... waking up with the sun beating on a black jeep gets uncomfortable quick.. so window screens - magnet mounted on the outside.
Can you show me a picture of how you did this?

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 06:24 AM   #17367
JasonVideo
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoyote View Post
AEV floor mats (front & rear).

a couple of auxiliary switches (they have a red LED when on)... future use only - but I installed them and made wiring harnesses that run under the dash & are tied up out of the way for now. I'll build my own "spod-like" relay box for under the hood later.

LED reverse lights - with the CREE lenses (bought on ebay for $25) & smitty built tail light guards. Passenger side with 'original' bulb to show the difference.

Finally decided on where my Rigid Industries light switches will go: Room for 4 switches here. I plan on having pillar lights and lightly 2 sets up top (I'm hoping to put a roof rack on). Oops.. forgot to put the under steering wheel panel back on prior to the photo.

Added a 3 port 12V outlet box above the mirror. It has 2 USB charging ports too. I do have the 430 nav head unit in the jeep, but I like the extra GPS running with a different zoom level - that way I can see 'possible' trails or areas of interest all around me. (there is a zip tie on it right now - holding it tight to the plastic trim until the double sided tape sets properly).

I've been 'camping' in the back of the jeep on my weekend get away excursions... I had a car tablet mount kicking around and decided it would work on the soft top bracket. Now I can watch movies when it's "bed time". Now playing: Big Trouble in Little China

That's it for today! It's been busy.
Planned: more lights, 3.5" lift, new tires & wheels (Worx "Triad" perhaps), roof rack, roof top tent and awning.
You are frigging McGyver!
JasonVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 07:27 AM   #17368
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Damn yeah he is! That's the kinda crap I wanna be able to do on the fly haha

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Kenny-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #17369
mrcoyote
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have the 'premium' alpine sound system and have been wondering about the sound quality issues. I've stuffed the sound bar and sub box with polyfill to help deaden any resonant vibrations, but decided to play further.

I think a lot of us are 'over driving' the speakers -- my guess is the crossovers (they filter frequencies to different speakers) aren't really adjusted to ideal points - that being said, I've adjusted my settings and have some 'decent' sound. I listen to a lot of 90's rock and get relatively clean sound throughout all spectrums. I can crank the volume with little to no distortion and have a good kick with the bass. It still is far from a precision car audio system (I used to do high end installs many years ago), but it's actually not as bad as I originally thought.

Turn down your bass a fair bit:

Fade slightly front - your 'sound stage' should come from the front anyway -- how many of you go to a concert but turn your back to the band?!?

Of course, this is all personal preference - some of you may prefer 'muddy' bass or your sound stage at the rear - but if you're struggling for sound quality, give it a try.
mrcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #17370
JasonVideo
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoyote View Post
I have the 'premium' alpine sound system and have been wondering about the sound quality issues. I've stuffed the sound bar and sub box with polyfill to help deaden any resonant vibrations, but decided to play further.

I think a lot of us are 'over driving' the speakers -- my guess is the crossovers (they filter frequencies to different speakers) aren't really adjusted to ideal points - that being said, I've adjusted my settings and have some 'decent' sound. I listen to a lot of 90's rock and get relatively clean sound throughout all spectrums. I can crank the volume with little to no distortion and have a good kick with the bass. It still is far from a precision car audio system (I used to do high end installs many years ago), but it's actually not as bad as I originally thought.

Turn down your bass a fair bit:

Fade slightly front - your 'sound stage' should come from the front anyway -- how many of you go to a concert but turn your back to the band?!?

Of course, this is all personal preference - some of you may prefer 'muddy' bass or your sound stage at the rear - but if you're struggling for sound quality, give it a try.
Interesting thought. I prefer to be more immersed in the sound than feel like it's hitting me in the face. But I see your rationale there. Has anyone done any MINOR stereo upgrades like a small amp/crossover combo? Replace the stock sub? I have only had my JKUR for a month and I don't have a lot of complaints about the stereo. Mind you this is coming from a Scion Xd. lol My YJ had a full blown aftermarket stereo. I don't feel the need to sink a lot of cash into the stereo as long as it sounds decent with all of the removable parts removed from the Jeep. But a small power boost with crossover can be a world of difference.

Jason
JasonVideo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.