Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your JK today?

4M views 27K replies 3K participants last post by  SKT 
#1 ·
Stole this idea from the TJ forum who stole it from the YJ forum. When I had my TJ this was one of the best threads to get ideas from and was full of great pics.

I'll start us off.

Today I powerwashed the heck out of it after my trip on Sunday to the Badlands. See HERE for trail report.

#22,744 ·
Flexin, you must have a rule similar to the one in New Mexico. As long as you work as a firefighter, you can use the FF plates. But if you retire or stop working as a FF then you must change plates; you only have ten days to make the change or the State assesses extra $$$$.

#22,745 ·
I went to the Las Cruces New Mexico Chile Challenge last month. Great time: six days of off-roading in really nice terrain. We had almost 200 people show up to run the trails which were rated as 0 to 10+. I did a couple of 5 rated and the pucker factor was definitely their. Nobody was hurt but some of the rigs were damaged when they rolled over. One person (idiot, in my opinion) knew he had a leaking hydraulic line but he went out anyway. Slowed everybody down. The week after the event, we had to go back over the trail and clean up all the leaked fluids. What a pain for the clean-up crew. We had the right stuff which dissolved all the oil and other petroleum fluids.

Today I plan to remove the off-road tires and put my Michelin all-season tires back on. I doubt I get out again for a few months since its harvest time; I'm just waiting for the pecan shaker to get here so I can pick the crop. This'll keep me busy till mid-January.

#22,746 ·
Flexin, you must have a rule similar to the one in New Mexico. As long as you work as a firefighter, you can use the FF plates. But if you retire or stop working as a FF then you must change plates; you only have ten days to make the change or the State assesses extra $$$$.
For the volunteer plate you have to be there a short time and then you can get a letter from the Chief which you take to motor vehicle. Regular plates are good for 2 years. The volunteer plate is 1 year. You need another letter saying that you are still in the department to get it renewed.

Because I wasn't able to make training nights because of a job change I had to leave. It expires at the end of this month.

I miss going but I have to make a living as well. I would like to get a paid position but it will be a little while before they do another hire.

James

#22,748 ·
JasonVideo said:
Clipped a tree and broke the mirror. Electric and heated so it was a bit of work to replace. RockAuto.com is the only place I'll parts now!
In my experience they ship you something and half the parts are missing. You call they say oh well and the oem replacement last for 30k Mike's when original lasted for 90k

#22,753 ·
JasonVideo said:
I'd like to see a pic. Any weight issues? Jason
Definitely drops the nose a bit. I'll measure the difference next time I mount it. Drove it around without noticing any rattles. I'll post a better pic soon. The winch is not part of the set up. Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille
(0|||||||0)

#22,754 ·
Finished building my light brackets. Going to paint them tomorrow, and install them just have to decide what lights to go with. I love the square but to me round lights look better on the JK.

Have you considered the square one on the upper, inboard level and the round one on the lower outboard level?

#22,757 ·
Definitely drops the nose a bit. I'll measure the difference next time I mount it. Drove it around without noticing any rattles. I'll post a better pic soon. The winch is not part of the set up. View attachment 1728593 (0|||||||0)
Hi there I just wanted to know if you leave it on all the time or if it is so easy to hook up that you put it on only when needed.

#22,758 ·
It lives next to my shed. The frame lives in the shed. 1 hitch pin connects the frame to the front receiver (which is on the jeep all winter, comes off in spring to lose the 50lbs and regain approach angle for wheeling) and then lift each side of the plow onto the frame. Lock it in place w 2 pins, drive to destination, get out and unlatch the 2 pins and drop it to the floor. Plow. Takes all of 2 minutes to mount for the day. (0|||||||0)