What did you do to your JK today? - Page 108 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your JK today?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 08-17-2009, 12:42 PM   #1606
JeepUserName
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek3 View Post
Added a JK sticker:

Added Smittybilt SRC rock rails:

Don't those stickers typically refer to a country? I wonder how many people try to figure out what country is abbreviated JK.

JeepUserName is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #1607
Seanbmc
2009 JK Wrangler 

Yesterday I got some help and put on the softtop I picked up on craigslist. I dont quite have all the correct pieces, I picked up some screws at the hardware store to attach the arms to the brackets, and I am still waiting for the rear retainer clips in the mail. But seems to be good. We'll see about leaking when it rains next!

Not too pleased how I had to store the hard top. I am lucky they let me store it here at all, but I would have liked to stand it up. Hopefully it will be ok!

Ill probably swap em back around november, so ill get a few nice months of use!
Mastercraft Grab Handles, Mopar Slush Mats, Hitch.
Seanbmc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2009, 07:52 PM   #1608
mikek3
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JkRyder View Post
Those look pretty nice, how was the install? Im looking at those same style.
The driver side one went on in about 20 minutes. You simply undo the side bolts on the body mount, pop the rock rail in there, and put the bolts back in. My passenger side was a pain the butt, though, and was only able to put 3 of 4 bolts back on. It took like 1.5 hours... For some reason, it seems like the part was fabricated a few mm askew.

Overall, though, I'm pleased with the way they turned out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepUserName View Post
Don't those stickers typically refer to a country? I wonder how many people try to figure out what country is abbreviated JK.
I didn't think so... but it was definitely bought from a jeep website. Now you've got me wondering, though. :P

Last edited by mikek3; 08-17-2009 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: 2nd quote. :)
mikek3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2009, 08:29 AM   #1609
WaldenL
2009 JK Wrangler 

Got the doors off for a couple of days of nice weather... Forgot that the sprinklers hit part of the driveway at 6AM... oh well, good thing the interior dries out easily.
WaldenL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2009, 09:06 AM   #1610
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldenL View Post
Got the doors off for a couple of days of nice weather... Forgot that the sprinklers hit part of the driveway at 6AM... oh well, good thing the interior dries out easily.
Haha, learned that one with my old Jeep. Now I just get water spots after I wash her. When she's naked, I pull her a little further up the driveway when the sprinklers are set to go off.

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2009, 10:21 AM   #1611
jbstok
2009 JK Wrangler 

I've just gotten a 4 dr JK Sahara to use as a much more able tow car for our motor home. I've installed the Roadmaster tow brackets and lighting kit, then factory splash guards, and have just finished making and installing insulating inserts for the hard top to help with our summer heat. So far, I'm liking them.

I used 1/8" board for the backing, then 1/2" styrofoam insulation board and covered with automotive vinyl. Total parts cost about $80 with the vinyl being the most expensive by far @16 per yard, 3 yds. required (and 2 4x8 sheets of each type of board, available at Home Depot) and attached with 2" white industrial strength sticky back velcro.

Update: The sticky back velcro didn't work. First time the sun came out and it got over 95 degrees, the glue turned loose. I've replaced that with some different glue and plain 2" velcro. Next time the sun comes out, we'll see.

........JB

Last edited by jbstok; 08-20-2009 at 03:16 PM..
jbstok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2009, 05:12 PM   #1612
Evil_Trolloc
2008 JK Wrangler 

Installed a rear JE Reel 1350 drive shaft.. no more "ratchet" sound
08 rubicon / 2dr / 6spd / 3.5" rockkrawler / 1" BL / 36" TSL's / superior rear axle shafts, JE Reel 1350 rear DS / skidrow oil/trans skid / riddler covers / EVO C gussets / RK truss / custom grill gaurd / CB / Herculiner / home brew sliders / plenty of scratches
Evil_Trolloc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2009, 05:54 PM   #1613
wrestlerobx
2008 JK Wrangler 

jbstock if you change your URL tabs to IMG then someone will be able to make them all click free for ya
Unread 08-18-2009, 07:52 PM   #1614
jbstok
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
jbstock if you change your URL tabs to IMG then someone will be able to make them all click free for ya
Wrestlerobx,

Love to, but I'm clueless. How does one change a url to img?

What kind of flight school are you in? Army helo? I live on my own runway 7 NE of AUO and fly a fixed wing warbird.

........JB
jbstok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2009, 10:42 PM   #1615
wrestlerobx
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbstok View Post
Wrestlerobx,

Love to, but I'm clueless. How does one change a url to img?

What kind of flight school are you in? Army helo? I live on my own runway 7 NE of AUO and fly a fixed wing warbird.

........JB
to change your urls to imgs just go into edit on your mssg in the bottom right hand corner and and you will see a bunch of brackets that say url then just make them say img in the same fashion they are in now

I am in flight school for the Army and working on learning to fly helos. i only have like 60 hours or whatever i did VFR flying already and now i am getting rated n my instruments so still learning.
Unread 08-19-2009, 05:16 AM   #1616
LHS-Cowboy
DETN8R

2008 JK Wrangler 

added heat barrier to the floorboard...

Installed:
R.E. Modified 3.5 Super Flex Kit to 4+/Ft. & Rr. U-joint driveshafts/Full Traction Rear Adj. Trackbar/Custom Ft. Heim Joint Adj. Trackbar/Rancho 9000XL shocks/Yukon 4.88 Gears & Superior Rear Axle Shafts/37" Pitt Bull Rockers on Custom Allied Beadlocks/Poly Perf. Rock Sliders/Shrockworks Mid Ft. & Rear Bumper/Custom Trans. Crossmember and Skid/Custom High Steer with PSC Hydro Assist/Plumbed Warn PowerPlant HP/Cobra 75 WS XT C.B./Bully Dog Programmer/Custom Exhaust/Dual Optimas/48" X-treme Hi-Lift Jack on Custom Rear Swing Away Carrier/...

____oooo
[ l_,[____],
l---L -[
OlllllllO]
( )_) ( )_)--)_)
LHS-Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2009, 07:29 AM   #1617
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

If I didn't pull my carpet I would add that heat barrier too

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2009, 10:22 AM   #1618
JkRyder
2008 JK Wrangler 

maybe dumb question, but what's pro's to that hear barrier? Oh just checked you live it texas, must get pretty smokin hot
JkRyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2009, 10:41 AM   #1619
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

the transmission heats up a ton and the floor pan gets real hot

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2009, 10:59 AM   #1620
Vertisce
2007 JK Wrangler 

I would have still done a Hurculiner on it first but that looks good. Ive not had a problem "yet" with the floorpan heating up a lot. Does this happen more with the 4 doors than the 2 doors or is it more of an issue while towing?
Vertisce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.