Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your JK today?

4M views 27K replies 3K participants last post by  SKT 
#1 ·
Stole this idea from the TJ forum who stole it from the YJ forum. When I had my TJ this was one of the best threads to get ideas from and was full of great pics.

I'll start us off.

Today I powerwashed the heck out of it after my trip on Sunday to the Badlands. See HERE for trail report.

#20,341 ·
Last night I rewired my CB, relocated the mic for the CB, got my flush mount tail lights all wired up, replaced a few blown fuses, checked fluids and checked the air filter. Wish I had pics... Last time I saw this much dirt come out of an air filter I was in Afghan lol. Need to replace that thing before heading out to King of the Hammers tomorrow, that's for sure.

#20,342 ·
Installed my remote start kit. Might be the best $100 I've spent so far on my Jeep. Sure am glad I didn't get it at the dealership for ~$500 when we bought the Jeep!

Attachments

#20,350 ·
Was it easy to install?
Yes, very easy. I'm far from experienced (or comfortable) with electrical stuff. It required splicing two wires from the starter's harness (no splicing or anything of the factory Jeep wiring) and then just hooking the connectors up and programming the unit. Took me around 20-25 minutes, including doing the solderless crimp connector for the splicing.

X2, really want to install one on my girlfriends car.
Go for it. You won't be disappointed! :thumbsup:

#20,352 ·
Installed rear bumper and tire carrier on 2014. Going back to have the TPMS switched between tires that I moved over from the 2010 with the oem tires and rims.

#20,354 ·
I bought one of those several months ago and the first time airing down it came apart on me. :(
:cheers2:
That sucks! I always thought those were cool with the gauge. I bought the Trailhead set years ago and it was some of the better money I have spent. You use the allen key to set the PSI and you never touch it again. I set mine to 12 PSI years ago and havent had to touch them since. I lost one and they sell singles....Very happy!

http://www.quadratec.com/products/92042_120X_PG.htm