What did you do to your JK today? - Page 100 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your JK today?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-29-2009, 12:36 AM   #1486
Vertisce
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotDuck View Post
We test fit a set of flat fenders from Mountain Offroad. They fit perfectly, but we are going to widen them a few inches before we paint them to keep things legal. The next question will be what color to paint them. Orange or black?
Those look very nice. I really like them. I would go with black. I have a predisposed dislike to same color fenders but with black bumpers, top and rails I would say black fenders just seem to make sense.

Vertisce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2009, 07:23 AM   #1487
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotDuck View Post
We test fit a set of flat fenders from Mountain Offroad. They fit perfectly, but we are going to widen them a few inches before we paint them to keep things legal. The next question will be what color to paint them. Orange or black?
thanks for posting this

I found the fenders I will buy when I have some money

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2009, 09:51 AM   #1488
WaldenL
2009 JK Wrangler 

To my jeep: Picked it up new from dealer @ 6PM! Had doors off by 7PM (had to get T50 socket). Went tooling around on the roads (Long Island, no good places to off road) for a while and then spent the rest of the evening figuring out how to mount lights. Removed part of the front bumper to get at a better mounting position. It was too humid to paint the air vents to match the body (Red Rock Crystal)

To my jeep's owner's manual: Read it! First time I've ever read an owner's manual. :-)
WaldenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2009, 09:55 AM   #1489
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

what part of the bumper did you remove?

My Build Thread
JK Tech
Unread 07-30-2009, 08:08 AM   #1490
WaldenL
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman8706 View Post
what part of the bumper did you remove?
The plastic piece behind the bumper proper, and in front of the grill. As shown here

Actually now that I've played with several ideas for attaching the hellas I think it will just be better to drill two holes in the bumper itself, which has metal under it, and attach them there.

And yesterday I debadged her. Removed the X, Wrangler and Unlimited stickers. I left the trail rated and front Jeep, because I like them.
Unread 07-30-2009, 10:27 PM   #1491
Dr.Dirty
2007 JK Wrangler 

i made my own draglink after my rockkrawler one took a dump

Dr.Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2009, 05:34 AM   #1492
WaldenL
2009 JK Wrangler 

Today (yes, it's only 7AM) I did the marker lights -> turn signals mod. I think you can break this mod into 3 equal parts:

1) Getting off the grill (I hate those nylon fasteners)
2) Cutting one wire and splicing it into another (vampire connectors rock) - Go look up the details, but basically you cut the black to the side light and splice it into the wires running to the blinker -- specifically the white outside, not middle wire.
3) Wrapping it w/electrical tape to make it seem more "factory" and maybe keep out some water

All totaled this might be a 15 minute job and not only does it look better w/the side lights blinking, but it's safer and free!

Why they don't ship this way from the factory is beyond me
Unread 07-31-2009, 06:03 AM   #1493
Jerzjeep
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldenL View Post
Today (yes, it's only 7AM) I did the marker lights -> turn signals mod. I think you can break this mod into 3 equal parts:

2) Cutting one wire and splicing it into another (vampire connectors rock) - Go look up the details, but basically you cut the black to the side light and splice it into the wires running to the blinker -- specifically the white outside, not middle wire.
3) Wrapping it w/electrical tape to make it seem more "factory" and maybe keep out some water

All totaled this might be a 15 minute job and not only does it look better w/the side lights blinking, but it's safer and free!

Sounds like a good idea but what are vampire connectors? I did a google search but all I got was speaker connectors like rca ends.
Unread 07-31-2009, 06:41 AM   #1494
WaldenL
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzjeep View Post
Sounds like a good idea but what are vampire connectors? I did a google search but all I got was speaker connectors like rca ends.
They may officially be called TapIns, but I think of them as a vampire, the connector sinks its teeth into the wire.

Here's what I used: http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=3004023

But looking now I think http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2104093 would have been a better choice.
Unread 07-31-2009, 06:46 AM   #1495
Jerzjeep
2009 JK Wrangler 

Ahhh, now I know what you are talking about.
Unread 07-31-2009, 07:16 AM   #1496
JerseyDubbin

Wow you guys are overachievers on a rainy Friday. I like to read all of these threads, not just the TJ one, for ideas. But i see Walden is from LI, is it not raining there yet? It's been pouring in Northeast NJ for about two hours now.

Might be lookin for some nice mud later

Nice mod!!

www.gothamtg.com
JerseyDubbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2009, 07:29 AM   #1497
WaldenL
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyDubbin View Post
Wow you guys are overachievers on a rainy Friday.
Not an overachiever, just a new jeep owner. Just got it 3 days ago. Nothing like new-jeep-fever to make you get up in the morning. My first Jeep, never had a desire to get up and tinker with the Infiniti or even the Hummer. There's something about a Jeep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyDubbin View Post
Might be lookin for some nice mud later
Nice mod!!
Thanks. And I'm damn jealous about the mud! There's nothing around here but beach, and I don't have a beach pass. What's good in Northern NJ? (Remember, _new_ Jeep owner, not looking to crawl 6 foot rocks, just get a little muddy)
Unread 07-31-2009, 09:52 AM   #1498
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldenL View Post

what is this mod?

My Build Thread
JK Tech
Unread 07-31-2009, 09:57 AM   #1499
WaldenL
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman8706 View Post
what is this mod?
Turns your fender marker lights into turn signals. Now the lights on my side fenders blink when I'm turning. General concept here http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...rkerflash.html and there's a thread somewhere describing it specifically for jeeps, but I can't find it right now.
Unread 07-31-2009, 10:26 AM   #1500
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

oh I never knew they didn't blink. haha

My Build Thread
JK Tech

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.