Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your JK today?

4M views 27K replies 3K participants last post by  SKT 
#1 ·
Stole this idea from the TJ forum who stole it from the YJ forum. When I had my TJ this was one of the best threads to get ideas from and was full of great pics.

I'll start us off.

Today I powerwashed the heck out of it after my trip on Sunday to the Badlands. See HERE for trail report.

#2 · (Edited)
Should have started this one this weekend, I would have something useful to put into it...today I didn't even drive it...:(

However, this weekend I changed the oil in the engine and the diffs...

#4 ·
Another thing I did today is remove the AC vent rings for painting. Bought two cans of Rescue Green from the dealer and a can of duplicolor clear coat from O'Reilly. Need to pick up primer tomorrow. I'll be sure to post up pics when done.

#5 ·
Came home from the dealer because they can't fix the leaky top (lol). They have to order parts. Going back Monday.

Yesterday I drove her on the beach, and tore up (not in a bad way) the beach and had lots of fun.

#7 ·
Showed it off to a few coworkers, then wiped down the dash/radio/instrument cluster to get rid of all the dust that came in from having the top down on 2 miles of overgrown two-track road by the lake the other night.

Came home, and told myself for the 8th night in a row that one day, it'll rain again, and I'll get it in some mud. It is only 8 days old, I guess. It's play-day will come...

-- jason

#13 · (Edited)
Yeah guys, let's keep this thread going with detail and pics.

I'll put pics up tonight after I get done painting the vent surrounds (Stupid primer)

Here's a pic I stole of what it "should" look like when I'm done, minus the steering wheel spokes which is only for '08 and above.

Reactions: Kevinatch
#16 ·
Dropping mine at the shop in an hour or so for some new & additional lighting, and also throwing some endcaps on my home hacked up front bumper! Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow.

Adding HID headlights, HID 8 inch windshield lamps, and a big ol' Xmitter bar inside the top of the windshield (if they can build a shield to properly block the reflection).

#18 ·
For my heads, I picked up an HID kit from Xmitter. I obviously haven't seen them yet, but I went with pure white, as I just can't deal with the blueish or purplish tint in this kind of application. I'll show you on Friday and see if it's an option that might work for you.

#20 ·
I dropped my baby off at TeraFlex PLUS this morning for a TF long arm upgrade. Including 6" coils to boot.

(I "stole" the pic from thier website I hope they don't mind :shhh: )

Yeah baby! I am totally stoked for this one, and I can't wait to get her back. Ideally, she should only grow about 1" taller than she sits now (based on my math and the 4" coil/spacer combo thats in her at the moment) but the amount of flex she'll gain should make for a huge difference in performance.

We're going to be in Moab for the weekend of October 10, 11 & 12. Sounds like as good of a place as any to exercise the the new suspension system.