What did i get myself into. A new guy here with a question. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What did i get myself into. A new guy here with a question.

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThis is a shout out to all INTERNATIONAL Customers! Yes weSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 04-04-2014, 08:24 PM   #1
agspecialties

What did i get myself into. A new guy here with a question.

Last week we bought our first jeep. Wasn't even looking, just driving home from dinner and saw this jeep on a lot and the next day went in and ended up bring her home.
This is what i know, its a 2010 Jeep Rubicon 2d. Has a little lift from rough country with 315 or 35 tires on it. When i bought it, i noticed that it had the death wobble in the steering wheel. I got that fixed, and while i was under there, i ended up installing 4 new Rancho 9000 shocks. Replaced the ball joints and had the front end realigned. With all that done, it drives pretty good. Hopefully you guys don't bash on me too bad for what i have already done. Now on to my front bumper. The lights aren't working and i have pulled them and can't get them to power up with 12v. I have power at the plug, so i am thinking the lights aren't working. I can't find the lights to replace them. So i took a picture of the front bumper. Everything on the jeep is Rough Country, but i don't think that the front bumper is Rough Country.
Here is a picture of it. I am hoping that some of you guys can recognize it and let me know what it is.
Thanks for your time.

agspecialties is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2014, 08:55 PM   #2
7ekken
2013 JK Wrangler 

looks like a "barricade bumper" ... just saw this exact bumper on another forum posted by a member

look here http://www.extremeterrain.com/barric...r-bumpers.html
7ekken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2014, 09:05 PM   #3
TexasChris
2006 TJ Wrangler 

lord. ugly bumper lol
TexasChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2014, 10:24 PM   #4
JohnRodriguez
1989 YJ Wrangler 

look like LED fog lamps. you might change the polarity on the light to see if they work then.
89 Wrangler, 2.5L TBI, D30 Truetrac 4.56 gear front, Super 35 4.56 gears rear, 31" BFG Mud's, 15x9" weld racing pro-stars XP's, 2.5" rancho and 1.25" shackels, superior axles. rear wilwood disc brakes

2008 wrangler x unlimited. Stone white. Motech 5.3L LS Chevy
JohnRodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2014, 07:28 AM   #5
rirrgang
2007 JK Wrangler 

Those eyebrows are silly.
Unread 04-05-2014, 07:54 AM   #6
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

The factory light harness is powered through the computer. So it may not power the lights up if the draw or polarity is different. I suggest just running an alternate wire and switch to power them up.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2014, 08:33 AM   #7
agspecialties

Thanks guys, i found the maker of the bumper. Really is this bumper that ugly???I guess i sort of liked it.
agspecialties is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2014, 08:43 AM   #8
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Guys, be nice to him! It's his first Jeep, give him a warm welcome.
BTW, Welcome to Jeep Forum!

As stated above, the stock fog lights/harness are controlled through the Jeep's computers, and they are finicky. A little research in the search function will help you find an answer.

Congrats on joining the addiction. We have a 3-Step Program. It's called, "Build it, Break it, Upgrade it."

And, I like the eye brows.
Re-inventing the circle and straight line.
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2014, 08:54 AM   #9
Montaska
Mountains & Beer

2007 JK Wrangler 

I think it looks great!
Montaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2014, 09:34 AM   #10
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Everyone has their own style and that's what makes Jeep building so fun. You build it the way YOU like it and to hell with what others think.
Congrats on the new Jeep and have a blast building it the way you like it.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2014, 09:56 AM   #11
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

That bumper has a better approach than my Garvin (or could be the camera angle)!
The LEDs may be toasted - if they do not have diodes already build in and were wired without diodes - field collapse takes it toll. sPOD includes diodes in the source just for that reason.

Follow the link above - it IS the barricade Trail Force - on the product page a chat dialog will pop up where you can ask about testing/replacement and probably even get them to send you their install data...
Unread 04-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #12
RedRockRed
2010 JK Wrangler 

I think that bumper would look fine with a winch in that big empty spot.
Unread 04-05-2014, 07:56 PM   #13
mwmoon
2007 JK Wrangler 

I like that bumper. I'm getting ready to buy one.
mwmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2014, 10:59 PM   #14
Chapco
2007 JK Wrangler 

Once you fill it with a winch it will look better. Im more about practicality than looks. If it gets you from point A and point B and its not a parking lot then thats all that matters. Enjoy your new rig!
Chapco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2014, 12:54 PM   #15
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Welcome to the forum.

I think that bumper looks just fine. There are some god awful looking bumpers out there but yours is definitely not one of them. I donít particularly like the finish but then a lot of people probably donít care for my flat black painted one either. Maybe a bit silly but the eyebrows look kind of cool to me. Nice color (Jeep) too.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.