Weird noise when starting in freezing weather. - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Weird noise when starting in freezing weather.

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-17-2014, 12:29 AM   #31
Gane35
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-P View Post
Seriously? Not sure if your serious but if you look just a little below peoples user names it usually says their locations. Maybe your on a smart phone though?

Having a basic understanding of the internal combustion engine would surely prompt you to want to plug your vehicles in, synthetic oil or not.
The app doesn't give a persons location so no I didn't know you were from Winnipeg.

Gane35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2014, 08:18 AM   #32
Jay-P
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I kind of figured as much. Picked up my JK from Edmonton, love that city.

Anyways check out http://4low.ca/ if you haven't already for some local wheelers. And plug your junk in!
Unread 01-17-2014, 10:21 AM   #33
duneslider
2007 JK Wrangler 

Not trying to be a jerk either but plain an simple, cold starts are hard on engines. The colder it is the worse it will be. You can say it starts up just fine and it probably does but it is harder on the engine than a start in warmer weather.

I don't live in canada but I have worked in areas where it gets pretty darn cold and we would do all sorts of stuff to help keep engines warmer so they started better. Some of the diesels we would even "tent" the engine area and fire up heaters.

Obviously, do what you want but if it got that cold where I was I would be looking at ways to warm things up a little before starting. I know I notice a difference when I go camping in the winter and it dips down to single digits and I am starting my jeep compared to starting it in the garage where it stays warmer.
duneslider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2014, 10:41 AM   #34
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Eh just get a leased car and call it good lol
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.