Waving to other Jeepers on-road - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Waving to other Jeepers on-road

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Closed Thread
Unread 03-08-2007, 06:01 PM   #16
BirdsFanVa
2007 JK Wrangler 

You got to wave. It has been 15 years since got rid of my CJ, I waved then and I wave now. Spread the virus my friends. After all it is a jeep thing, I know everyone on here understands!

http://www.jeeptalk.org/jeep_wave.shtml

Unread 03-08-2007, 06:31 PM   #17
strykermp5

jeepers probably just has arthritis and his wrist doesnt bend right for one reason or another .... some like to wave and others dont

i wave if it is a sunny day and the top is dropped... however, i dont know if they wave back cause it i usually dont look... you see a jeep out of the corner of your eye and throw up the "V" over the wheel or the "I--I/" out the door... and keep going... when i go to work in the morning, i am usually still sleeping and using the bumps on the side of the road to keep me awake... no waving.

oh well... i think its fun and unique... yes it is different from motorcycles...

the jeep wave says "see ya on the trail"

the motorcycle wave says "i'll see ya on the other side" (b/c with the way people drive, it is not a matter of IF you get in a wreck... but rather WHEN) ATL traffic sucks...

have fun waving!!! holla bi*ches!

Optional Equipment:
M4 (x2)
Sig 226
Unread 03-08-2007, 06:35 PM   #18
silverwolf636
1993 YJ Wrangler 

The Wave

New to the Jeep (bought a 93 Wrangler) and it reminds back in the 70's when I bought a new Dodge panel van and customized it. Everyone waved that was in a panel van.
The rest stock I think.
My first jeep and "I like it".
http://www.jeepforum.com/gallery/sho...&ppuser=107067
Unread 03-08-2007, 06:36 PM   #19
Monk89 94 I4

i Wave to you jk'ers, the only problem is most of the four door moms just look at my 94 yj and fly the bird....

Will- who waves at all cj-yj-tj-jk..
Unread 03-08-2007, 06:38 PM   #20
jimmyjack

I'm happy to say that I wave and my return success rate I think is pretty high. It's all in the technique:

1. You gotta give them enough time to react. A quick flash of the hand when their front bumper is aligned with yours is not gonna cut it.

2. When the tops off - put some enthusiasm into it. Throw your hand all the way up and out over the sound bar.... or stick it out like you want a high five (careful, tho).

3.. You got a passenger? prep them in the art of jeep waving. Make it happen on both sides at once.

No limp fish waves for me..
Unread 03-08-2007, 07:31 PM   #21
franx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky529
All you guys better wave, us YJ and TJ owners want you to wave back... you are now part of the Jeep family.

Thanks Rocky !!!

I always wave anyways !!

4dr Unlimited X red rock crystal !!
Unread 03-08-2007, 07:38 PM   #22
Nellamore23

I got mine a few days ago and my bf has driven it twice. BOTH times he got a jeep wave...I have yet to get one
Unread 03-08-2007, 08:22 PM   #23
Thunderstrike
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepers3
Thanks! I put about 36,000 miles on it since 2001, although about half of that is from a single road trip (Alaska, Mexico, Florida Keys, Quebec, and back).
Holly Cow! That's an accomplishment with a Scooter. I've always wanted to take my Jeep to Alaska thru Canada. Hoping to do it when I have money saved up.
Auto, Power, Remote Start, Towing Package, MyGig Navigation with Lockpick, Rear View Camera, B&M 70268 Transmission Cooler, Aeroforce Interceptor, Valentine 1, Tub Sound-Deadened with Raamat and Ensolite, Hard Top Heat Insulated with 1/2" Styrofoam Insulation, Bilstein Shocks Front & Rear, PIAA Dual Horns, IPF 920H4 Headlights.
Protection: Skid Row Engine Skid, Lower Control Arm skid & Evaporator Skid; Rock Hard Gas Tank Skid; Warn Stainless Steel Differential Skid Front & Rear.
Recovery Gear: Warn 9.5Ti Winch, 11,000# Pull-Pal.
Communication: Uniden 520XL CB, Diesel External Speaker, 3' FireStik Whip.
Shrockworks Mid-width Front Bumper with Warn 9.5Ti Winch -- Ordered 7/17/2009; Bumper Received 12/4/2009.
1" Coil Spacer Front & 1/2" Coil Spacer Rear restored OEM Rake.
4x4 Trips:
Moab - 4/2006, 5/2008, 4/2009, 5/2011, 4/2013
Ouray - 8/2007
Rubicon - 9/2008
Gone, but not forgotten: 2004 TJ, 1999 Audi A4, 1992 VW Jetta GL 5 Speed
Unread 03-08-2007, 08:51 PM   #24
Jeep Guy 5

I'm always excited to wave to a JK. I admit though, sometimes I forget, becuase I'm paying more attention to how cool it looks, rather than thinking about waving.
Unread 03-08-2007, 08:59 PM   #25
tx-Skydiver
1979 CJ5 

I've noticed that DFW area it seems to be better than I initially thought. It is difficult to see if another is waving as we are travelling 75 in a 35 zone.

I love being part of a group that waves. I've owned a Corvette, a Harley and now a Jeep. All 3 groups are wavers and I think its great. The Corvette folks are probably the most enthusiastic though.

Sorry Jeepers, but if on my Harley, I don't think I would have given you the wave, nor the guy on the crotch-rocket doing a wheelie down the highway, but you don't care about the wave so your feelings wouldn't be hurt.
2007 JK Wrangler Unlimited (Black), 4" SuperliftRanchoExpress Lift, 36" Super Swamper Irok's covering 16" ProComp's, AFE CAI, FlowMaster 40 Series, Shrockworks Rock Sliders, Rock Hard line of undercarriage skids, Warn Powerplant, Shrockworks Mid-width front bumper, Dana 44 Front
Unread 03-08-2007, 09:06 PM   #26
jeepers3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstrike
Holly Cow! That's an accomplishment with a Scooter.
Thanks (:

Quote:
I've always wanted to take my Jeep to Alaska thru Canada.
Oh, that's easy. Just live in Alaska and buy your Jeep in Virginia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A guy making a looooooong trip
But try not to do it in January if you can help it though. (:
Unread 03-08-2007, 09:16 PM   #27
Windwalker

Been waving and getting lots of waves back...I personally think it's cool.
It's been in the upper 70's in the afternoons all week....so been running topless all week!

My wife is a little hesitant to wave when she's driving ...but will return waves.
Unread 03-09-2007, 12:14 AM   #28
jbllerjr
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Don't currently have a Jeep, still shopping. I had a 91 Renegade and did the wave most of the time...good results.

I currently have a new Saleen, most other Mustang guys won't wave...mostly rev and give the stink eye.

Saw another Saleen around my area the other day, waved like mad at him...no response. I thinking d*** what a jerk. OH, I am in my truck, LOL.

James
Unread 03-09-2007, 03:46 AM   #29
Poor Boy
All Around Nice Guy

2007 JK Wrangler 

look, nobody talks to the new kid in school at first. keep waving. it's a jeep thing. there are a ton of jeep things, but this one is important. if you see a jeep on the side of the road, and i don't care if it's a ****ing patriot, stop and help. (but you don't "have" to wave to them)

now, where's that cat counting the wave threads....
Feed my girlfriend.

Follow my girlfriend

Brew what you drink, drink what you brew

USN Hull number 54
Unread 03-09-2007, 06:18 AM   #30
JoeBlevins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Me
now, where's that cat counting the wave threads....
Ahh... This is the type of thread people point to when people say that Jeep Forum is more tech than JU. They so no... Just as girlie as JU when you get more people posting in a wave thread than anything else.

Remember the days when the admins said they would close non-tech threads??? Toothless tigers...
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.