water leaks on 2012's? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > water leaks on 2012's?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 12-24-2011, 10:03 PM   #76
jeepstryker1

Sometimes the water pools inside of the hard top, and with hard braking might run into the cabin, if you notice water under front side mats, most likely will have some under rear mats as well, at least was in my case.

jeepstryker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2011, 08:01 AM   #77
Fellows
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepstryker1 View Post
Fellows I hear you loud and clear my other previous
Cars have been jeep srt8 grand Cherokee not a problem
BMW M3 not a problem, I know a lot of the people that buy new like
Myself get aggravated by these leaks, especially when it's
A new vehicle, but since it's a jeep and not a caddy or Porsche
You will have to accept the fact that they will leak
Like it or not it will leak, no matter how many times you
Bring her into the service bay, sorry to be so blunt
About it . I hated the leak at first now I just drive her with halve doors and soft top Down!
These vehicles have a history I leaks do your research
Also what can help you guys that have wet floor boards
Just pull the drain plugs when a storm is in the forecast
This way the water won't pool under the rugs
Cheers
Since some Jeeps leak and some don't, it would be nice if the dealer would just give a discount on the ones that leak for those looking for the authentic Jeep experience. If Jeep is ok with them leaking, why did they start offering things like nav and leather seats? I'd like to get one as a daily driver, but I don't want to take a gamble on anything leaking. It sounds like once you get a leaking one, the dealer has no fix for it.

Look at it this way, Jeep would have no reason to fix a design if people weren't picky about things like keeping water out. A fully loaded Rubicon is almost $40K, I'd be ticked if I spent that and I still have to check the weather forecast and pull the drain plug before a storm.

On another note, it seems like after reading this thread, hardtops leak more than softtops which is opposite of what I would have expected.
Fellows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 09:39 AM   #78
ChicoMan1969
2011 JK Wrangler 

My 2011 JK started to leak within a few weeks driving out the lot. I live in NJ and had a good amount of heavy rain. Usually, the driver side seat is soaked (luckily, I have neoprene seat covers) and the floor. But what did it for me was having about 1 inch of water sitting on the driver side floor.

Now, I'm sitting in the waiting area of the dealer. They're replacing the seals on the door and freedom top. I hope this works. I don't mind a drip here or there not a pond at my feet.
ChicoMan1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 02:01 PM   #79
gilbird
2012 JK Wrangler 

Well said and well put, Frieddough. I just made an appointment to have my "leak" checked out. Some dampness in a vehicle with a convertible roof(s) may be acceptable; soaking wet mats and standing puddles are not. The floors will rot, not to mention the inevitable smell. There is no excuse for A LOT of water to collect inside a brand new, supposedly modern, SUV, and since it appears the majority of posters complain about it collecting in the same spots - the culprit would have to be an engineering mistake with door seals/weather stripping. Perhaps Jeepstryker thinks that's acceptable; I do not; especially after spending the amount of money I did for a new car. We shall see what the service dept. at Merrick Dodge does. I already have a bad feeling considering the dismissive attitude of the manager. It's nice to see in the forum that I am not alone; and it is through forums such as these that innocent consumers can post questions and comments and find much needed answers and information concerning their purchases.
gilbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #80
FriedDough

I just read on another forum that a their JKU was fixed by the dealer and the issue was around the antenna mount. Some bit was cracked making the rubber seal not sit properly. Certainly makes sense that this leaks when the car is sitting but not so much when driving. Also makes sense that it is the passenger side and that the dealer thinks its fixed after working with door and roof seals but it continues to leak the first time the customer has rain. Nonetheless, mine goes back for round 2 Monday and I will ask the dealer I'm using to look into this further, can't hurt. I realize this doesn't address the issues others are having with center and driver side leaks but it seems to me the lions share of these are passenger front.
FriedDough is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #81
pfd251
2012 JK Wrangler 

My leak came back, Jeep sat in the driveway while we were away for Christmas. It rained heavy in the first and as soon as I got in on the second the rug, floor mat and slush mat were wet. Took it to the dealership and the tech said the deal around the door was kinked and that he found the leak. They water tested and no leak.

Something tells me it will leak again with the next rain.

I saw (I think on this forum) where someone fixed their leak by fixing something under the flashing but I can't find the thread. Anyone else see this before?
pfd251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #82
theotherstig
2011 JK Wrangler 

So far no leaks on my JKUS.

Now my YJ leaked.....everywhere.
theotherstig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #83
tskeen
2012 JK Wrangler 

New to leaks

Well add me to the list. I thought I had water tested my Jeep. I have been through dozens of high pressure car washes...no leaks that I could tell. Then last night...hard rain and my weather tech floor liner was full on the passenger side. I am curious about the antenna idea. I remove it each time before I run through the wash and looks to be dry. I hate going to the dealer but maybe theres a fix by now!
2012 Sport..auto 3.73 limited slip.Poison Spider Rocker Knockers, Daniel Stern lighting..AEV Pintlers GoodYear Duratracs 285-70-17 springs from Unlimited Rubicon. Weathertech Mats..AEV hood, kicker speakers, remote start added.
tskeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #84
Apostle
2013 JK Wrangler 

Well, under a high pressure washer, mine is good. Also when raining it is fine. but if it sits, then i take it out, when i come to a stop after driving fairly fast i get about a 1/4 cup that comes in from the center seem of the freedom top, right above the stereo. I am thinking the pressure from driving to sitting, then raining is pooling under the lip somehow.

i am going to look at either getting a better lock down latch or putting in some more rubber between the two panels.

[CENTER]You'll get over it[/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"]"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
–Voltaire[/SIZE]
Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #85
offmybeer

Love the forums. I just had the same thing in my 2012 jku. A night of hard rain and as I was driving in the rain I noticed some drops coming from the front middle right above the radio.

Nothing major. I thought I had just done a bad job when I was putting the panels back on. I took ten off and on again before a snow/sleet/rain storm over the weekend.

Jeeps been in the rain all day. I'll see on my what home.
offmybeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #86
FriedDough

Good news. The dealership had my JKU again for 48 hours about 10 days ago and it appears they resolved the issue. We have had a couple days of solid rain and some snow and I am happy to report we are dry. There was an updated TSB that replaces all prior water leak TSBs released first week of January. They gave me a copy and I'll post the number later. In addition to passenger door seals there are also checks and updates for the antenna mount. Still plan to give it some time and keep an eye on it but I am encouraged to have had a dry passenger floor for nearly 2 weeks.
FriedDough is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #87
snobank
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'm in the buy back stage due to leaks that couldn't be fixed and want to purchase another jeep..but don't want one that leaks..don't know what to do...?
snobank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 05:08 PM   #88
scemracing
2012 JK Wrangler 

I think it is a crap shoot mine doesn't leak and I bet most of them don't but I do not think there is any way to tell.

Me: I just really want to smack people!
My Wife: Is this the jeep forum?
Me: Yes!
My Wife: Just remember they aren't real people!
Me: I love you!
scemracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #89
mtbr
2012 JK Wrangler 

After 4 months of telling everyone how impressed I am with the 12 and having no problems......I'm now added to the leaky jeep club.
I put my seat belt on and got soaked! Water looks like it traveled down the column the belt is in. It seems to be the weather stripping on the rear drivers side door. The back floor is soaked.
2008 4 door Sahara / Rescue Green Jeep Club Member #15
1992 YJ / White
mtbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #90
JerseyJeep78
2012 JK Wrangler 

No leaks on my 2012 with hard top yet and I drove it thru a good amount of heavy rain yesterday.

Silver Jeep Owners #73
JerseyJeep78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.