Water Leak?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Water Leak??

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 07-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
jeepman6655
2013 JK Wrangler 

Water Leak??

I have a new 13 Wrangler. I noticed the carpet on the passenger side alittle wet. I have the rubber mats on top and they weren't really wet..only the rub under. It was a very heavy driving rain..has anyone else noticed this? The Jeep has only 350 miles on it..hoping it was just a freak thing that won't happen again!!!. I did notice that the window wasen't rolled up completely tight..maybe just enough to let the rain blow in??? Kinda bummed.....I did have a slight water problem with my 05 TJ t times!!!

jeepman6655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

It happens, some have problems with it other don't. check the foam around the top. If it happens again complain to the dealer. Pull both plugs up front to help the rug completely dry out.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #3
Paio2012
2012 JK Wrangler 

Jeeps always leak. Mine is 2012 and leaks. I went to the local stealer twice and they had no clue of how to fix the problem. What I have done is remove the hard top, clean, re-seal the rubber with silicone, add some rubbers/cushions in strategic places and use a towel inside when it rains too much. Also, always park your car with the front up in relation to the rear. It helps a lot.
Paio2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #4
jeepman6655
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thank you for the replies...by the way.....it is a soft top and I haven't had the top down as of yet. I'll hope is was a once in a lifetime happening..lol!
Unread 07-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #5
montero1
2010 JK Wrangler 

Jeeps aren't supposed to leak, not in 2013. *Knock in wood,*, but after nine trips to two dealers, mine seems to be fixed. Get Chrysler involved if you have to, or give it back under lemon law if that's possible in your state. My ordeal has been a total clownfest, it was like getting a tribe of Ubangi warriors to build a cyclotron.
montero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #6
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

You know I'm all about making jeep fix their ****ty quality control issues. Important things like cylinder heads, water pumps etc.
But it's a "convertible" with a 3 piece top. A small leak is the one thing I think IS acceptable.
The local dealers have talked to me about it. Trying all kinds of fixes. Getting jeep engineers involved. It rains in Portland ALL the time and all the jeeps on the lot leak. They finally got an "engineer" to come and stay for a week and he "readjusted" all of the tops. Oregon had a very rare dry week. The engineer left. It rained the next week. They all had water again. Lol

If there is water trapped inside the top itself that's one thing. Otherwise, some foam/rubber tape is about all you can do in my opinion.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 04:35 AM   #7
jeepman6655
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thank you all so far for the replies.....has anyone had this happen with a soft top??
Unread 07-25-2013, 06:02 AM   #8
Michel347

The next day I bought mine, it was raining lightly and notice a few drops of water in the back, not enough to bother me. Then in the last 3 months we got rain like we never did, with strong storms, and never saw a drop of water again.... This with my soft top on, I haven't put the hard one yet.
Michel347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 06:34 AM   #9
montero1
2010 JK Wrangler 

My leak is coming from the bottom of the passenger door. In addition, it was coming down the firewall on both sides and all the wiring harnesses had to be removed. I only wish my problem was the top, even though I do have a hard top. Mine was leaking puddles in both floor pans, that is not acceptable. Essentially, the Firewall had to be torn out, both doors realigned, both doors had to have new seals, and fillers within the seals. Nine trips to two dealers in addition to twice having a blown out front axle seal. Jeep only has 14,000 miles.
montero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2013, 04:18 PM   #10
jeepman6655
2013 JK Wrangler 

Update!

We had a strong rain and I sat in the Jeep. On the passenger side I spotted a small water leak coming from the bottom of the door! I checked the seal and it seemed fine..also compared it to the drivers side and it appeared to be identical. I have an appt. with the dealer and hopefully it's just needs a replacement door seal or maybe a door adjustment!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.