water coming in rear window - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > water coming in rear window

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 03-18-2007, 03:40 PM   #1
stl_07

water coming in rear window

i have noticed for the past few weeks that every time it rains the carpet next to the hidden storage in the rear is wet. i also notices that there are water spots on the inside of the rear glass. it appears that there is water running inside the seals of the rear glass and down where the latch for the rear door is.
is anyone have the same problems or even noticed it at all. I have already been through the leaking hard top issue with the dealership and finally got that solved, now it seems like the rear glass is leaking. any help or info is appreciated.. thanks

stl_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2007, 03:41 PM   #2
jeepers3

My hose to the rear window wiper leaks - well, more than leaks, it sprays all over the inside of the back of the car. I also have a blue stain on that part of the hard top from where the fluid comes down. Is it possible yours is doing the same thing?
jeepers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2007, 04:02 PM   #3
luckyjeeper

may just be a tailgate latch adjustment is necessary, try that too.
[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][B]Virescit Vulnere Virtus[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
luckyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2007, 07:15 PM   #4
mc22958
2008 WK 

Yea my rear hatch is leaking too. It leaks at both ends at the big rubber knobs. It looks like it is getting behind the rubber and then dripping on the carpet. I have the catch all in the back so that at least the carpet is not getting wet. I have tried another piece of rubber at the end untill I can see the Dealer. I think a good caulk job would take care of it but want the dealer to see it first.
mc22958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2007, 08:41 PM   #5
stl_07

good to hear i am not the only one.. let me know if you find a solution from the dealer MC.
stl_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2007, 07:03 AM   #6
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

i have the same issue. I cut the carpet out of the little hidden compartment area anyways. Thats where i keep my tow strap so it will get nasty. And there is a rubber plug i can take out for drain
Unread 03-23-2007, 05:46 AM   #7
07rubi lemon

Bring it back to the dealer. They replaced my window seal. They never heard of the problem but they replaced the rubber anyway.
07rubi lemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.