Warning on Bestop Wraparound Windjammer and Soundbar Cap - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Warning on Bestop Wraparound Windjammer and Soundbar Cap

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 09-02-2010, 03:08 PM   #76
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbloyer81 View Post
Well, I got my new softdoors today. They are perfect. Good product.
Glad the first set worked out for you. I like the second set they sent me! Oh by the way, did I mention I'M STILL WAITING!

dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2010, 08:47 PM   #77
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Hey everybody! 38 DAYS AND SOUNDBAR COVER IS STILL HELD HOSTAGE BY BESTOP. I guess I should pack this crap up till next year. Below norm temps expected here and the morning high's are expected to be in the mid to upper 40's .
Unread 09-10-2010, 05:51 AM   #78
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsjk View Post
Hey everybody! 38 DAYS AND SOUNDBAR COVER IS STILL HELD HOSTAGE BY BESTOP. I guess I should pack this crap up till next year. Below norm temps expected here and the morning high's are expected to be in the mid to upper 40's .
It's gettin to be that time again^^

I can't understand what the big problem with the soundbar cover is, haven't they been making them for awhile?

By now, you could've had an upholstery shop make you one.
Unread 09-13-2010, 06:26 PM   #79
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
It's gettin to be that time again^^

I can't understand what the big problem with the soundbar cover is, haven't they been making them for awhile?

By now, you could've had an upholstery shop make you one.
I could have made a new Jeep by now. It makes me me me,uhoh Bestop!
Unread 09-20-2010, 08:14 PM   #80
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

49 DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!!!!No word on soundbar cap or word of any type from bestop. You would think that they might be a little concerned that over 2000 jeepers read this thread. And if even 100 decided not to buy this system, including soft doors for a total of 800 bucks, they would have lost 80000 dollars. I might not be a business man but I would be a little concerned on these numbers! Right?
Unread 09-21-2010, 05:25 AM   #81
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
49 DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!!!!No word on soundbar cap or word of any type from bestop. You would think that they might be a little concerned that over 2000 jeepers read this thread. And if even 100 decided not to buy this system, including soft doors for a total of 800 bucks, they would have lost 80000 dollars. I might not be a business man but I would be a little concerned on these numbers! Right?

I can't believe that you're still fighting this battle..

I've read numerous threads involving Bestop and there is usually a resolution, But my concern now is "Where has the initial quality gone"? It seems as if everything they sell nowadays has a problem.

Are they redesigning the soundbar cover? One would think that they would at least keep you informed.

Good Luck Bro...keep us posted.
Unread 09-21-2010, 08:51 AM   #82
BestopTeam

dvdsjk: All I ever did was forward your comment off to customer service, and then ask the supervisor if they were working on it when you asked me to follow up.

In other words, I'm just a middleman, and to be honest, not even positive what the issue is.

Have you contacted our service team? Call 80-845-3567. But ask for LeeAnne.
BestopTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 07:04 PM   #83
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffatBestop View Post
dvdsjk: All I ever did was forward your comment off to customer service, and then ask the supervisor if they were working on it when you asked me to follow up.

In other words, I'm just a middleman, and to be honest, not even positive what the issue is.

Have you contacted our service team? Call 80-845-3567. But ask for LeeAnne.
I've talked to her twice already and gave her my info. She asked for my address etc and I gave it to her. She then said she would be in touch with me. Last I heard the problem was solved and they were waiting for product to be shipped. I took her for her word. My fault in thinking that I could trust it! Heres what you quoted me:
I just yelled over to LeeAnne, and she tells me that the issue is theoretically resolved, there are orders in the system, but she has not received any product to ship out yet. I can get a better answer - that's just the immediate response.
Unread 09-21-2010, 07:10 PM   #84
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I've talked to her twice already and gave her my info. She asked for my address etc and I gave it to her. She then said she would be in touch with me. Last I heard the problem was solved and they were waiting for product to be shipped. I took her for her word. My fault in thinking that I could trust it! Heres what you quoted me:
I just yelled over to LeeAnne, and she tells me that the issue is theoretically resolved, there are orders in the system, but she has not received any product to ship out yet. I can get a better answer - that's just the immediate response.
I understand your frustration but remember, you'll catch more bees with honey than vinegar. Try to stay calm. They got my issue resolved and I hope they resolve yours and any other issues that arise in the future.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 07:17 PM   #85
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbloyer81 View Post
I understand your frustration but remember, you'll catch more bees with honey than vinegar. Try to stay calm. They got my issue resolved and I hope they resolve yours and any other issues that arise in the future.
Thanks cbloyer81. Believe me I'm calm. Just a little frustrated. Its actually comical now. All my buddies bust me about my "purchase".
Unread 09-22-2010, 12:34 PM   #86
BestopTeam

I just got out of a meeting with LeeAnne. I'm going to paraphrase, and sum up, and hopefully I'm not going to make this bad, comical situation even worse. Ready?

About two months ago, thanks to you (really!), we discovered that there was a problem in the manufacturing of some of the soundbar caps. Something about J hooks being backwards.

This resulted in a production stop, pattern checks, and all sorts of quality alarms and whistles. I don't mean to make this sound trite, it really is a big deal, and took a few weeks to get all sorted out.

This is evidently now sorted out, BUT we now have another problem:

Bestop messed up forecasting products this year, and we've had HUGE backorder issues. We've been struggling with this for months. Basically what happened is that last year, with the economy in the tank, we had a slower year. We did not expect it to rebound as quickly as it has (Thank you all!).

So now, the new and improved (or at least, made correctly), soundbar cap is sitting in production hell: it just doesn't sell enough to make it a priority item for production.

I'm not saying this is good: it's actually horrible. Backorders are one of the worst things for a company. We're all working on it. A few days ago I spent the whole day in the warehouse putting labels on boxes. Something to do with getting them out quicker. Not efficient, not smart, but quickest. (when even the marketing guys need to do real work, you know it's critical!).

So your order sits in limbo, waiting for the arrival of this product. The piece of information that's missing, obviously, is "when." LeeAnne didn't know, so I will attempt to find out.

Just some more self-serving information on backorders: good forecasting, good planning, and good delivery has really been a strength of this company for years. Seriously. We've messed up on other things, but we've been good at that. 2009 and first half of 2010 have been incredibly chaotic in the automotive world. Chrysler went bankrupt, which turned out to not be a big deal for consumers, since Jeep went right on. But it was a HUGE deal for suppliers. We started dealing with a brand new company. Wrangler sales went from near zero to almost record numbers in the past few months. It's astonishing. Aftermarket has also really jumped. For a few months, it was tough to get even big things like Trektops (there are threads about that). This is now finally getting all sorted out. It's a huge relief. For us, not you. You're still waiting. And I apologize. We really are working it as quickly as possible.

Sorry for the long post.
BestopTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2010, 12:43 PM   #87
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I just got out of a meeting with LeeAnne. I'm going to paraphrase, and sum up, and hopefully I'm not going to make this bad, comical situation even worse. Ready?

About two months ago, thanks to you (really!), we discovered that there was a problem in the manufacturing of some of the soundbar caps. Something about J hooks being backwards.

This resulted in a production stop, pattern checks, and all sorts of quality alarms and whistles. I don't mean to make this sound trite, it really is a big deal, and took a few weeks to get all sorted out.

This is evidently now sorted out, BUT we now have another problem:

Bestop messed up forecasting products this year, and we've had HUGE backorder issues. We've been struggling with this for months. Basically what happened is that last year, with the economy in the tank, we had a slower year. We did not expect it to rebound as quickly as it has (Thank you all!).

So now, the new and improved (or at least, made correctly), soundbar cap is sitting in production hell: it just doesn't sell enough to make it a priority item for production.

I'm not saying this is good: it's actually horrible. Backorders are one of the worst things for a company. We're all working on it. A few days ago I spent the whole day in the warehouse putting labels on boxes. Something to do with getting them out quicker. Not efficient, not smart, but quickest. (when even the marketing guys need to do real work, you know it's critical!).

So your order sits in limbo, waiting for the arrival of this product. The piece of information that's missing, obviously, is "when." LeeAnne didn't know, so I will attempt to find out.

Just some more self-serving information on backorders: good forecasting, good planning, and good delivery has really been a strength of this company for years. Seriously. We've messed up on other things, but we've been good at that. 2009 and first half of 2010 have been incredibly chaotic in the automotive world. Chrysler went bankrupt, which turned out to not be a big deal for consumers, since Jeep went right on. But it was a HUGE deal for suppliers. We started dealing with a brand new company. Wrangler sales went from near zero to almost record numbers in the past few months. It's astonishing. Aftermarket has also really jumped. For a few months, it was tough to get even big things like Trektops (there are threads about that). This is now finally getting all sorted out. It's a huge relief. For us, not you. You're still waiting. And I apologize. We really are working it as quickly as possible.

Sorry for the long post.
Try to get an explanation like that regarding an aftermarket part for an Audi. It'll never ever happen. Well done.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2010, 01:57 PM   #88
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

This resulted in a production stop, pattern checks, and all sorts of quality alarms
So by rights I should be rewarded for my keen and swift actions in the Bestop world. I suffered so many a Jeeper would not bear the same plight that I went through! Some Bestop goodies along with the sound bar cap I think is in order!!!!
Unread 09-22-2010, 07:09 PM   #89
Buckshot
2010 JK Wrangler 

Been lurking this thread and have a question, should I give it a month or two before I place my order? Maybe next spring since Fall is here and Winter around the corner? Thanks.
Buckshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2010, 07:14 PM   #90
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

I'd wait awhile or start buying a piece at a time. Just make sure the sound bar cap is last!!!! The other pieces are fine after the second set of doors.

Tags
bestop , JK Wrangler , problems , solution , windjammer , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.