Warning on Bestop Wraparound Windjammer and Soundbar Cap - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Warning on Bestop Wraparound Windjammer and Soundbar Cap

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 08-14-2010, 12:18 PM   #61
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Just got back from the Jersey shore and couldn't wait to unpack the doors that were waiting for me. Unpack the wifes Grand and rip open the doors. Drivers side first and like the first set fit fine. NOW for the pass side door. Bottom half fit fine. Go to put on the top half and IT FITS! Now need word from bestop on the windjammer problem and I may be able to still get a week or two out of the Bestop pieces before the snow starts flying here!

dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2010, 12:35 PM   #62
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsjk View Post
Just got back from the Jersey shore and couldn't wait to unpack the doors that were waiting for me. Unpack the wifes Grand and rip open the doors. Drivers side first and like the first set fit fine. NOW for the pass side door. Bottom half fit fine. Go to put on the top half and IT FITS! Now need word from bestop on the windjammer problem and I may be able to still get a week or two out of the Bestop pieces before the snow starts flying here!
Good, sounds like they got it fixed. How does the hook and pile line up on the front doors?

Last edited by Charles; 08-14-2010 at 12:58 PM..
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2010, 12:57 PM   #63
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbloyer81 View Post
Good, sounds like they got it fixed. How does the hood and pile line up on the front doors?
With a little tweak here and there it all lined up well!
Unread 08-15-2010, 11:55 AM   #64
saceone

wow, cant believe my post is gone...
saceone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2010, 04:12 PM   #65
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

I would love to say that all is well and I am driving my Jeep with my $800 dollar Bestop parts purchase but the one elusive piece to this puzzle is still MIA! The sound bar cap. This is the most frustrating of all purchases I have ever made.Summer will soon be gone and I will have a lot of new pieces sitting in my garage all winter. I am so confused on how a consumer, can pay for products with his hard earned money and should have to wait and fight for this product to be used. I am sorry to rant again but returning the rest of this crap will cost me restocking fees due to nothing wrong with all the other pieces. Yet to use them they must all be used together. So just becareful on what you buy for your jeep. Buy local,cause if it doesn't fit the hassle of returning it to these mail order guys isn't worth the few dollar savings .You'll lose in the end!
Unread 08-19-2010, 12:29 AM   #66
asknight
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
Come on guys...give Bestop a break. Do you know how hard it is to get a good translation from Chinese to Spanish?
Actually, it's worse then that. English -> Spanish -> Chinese

Critical things get left off in the translation, it seems.
asknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2010, 04:23 AM   #67
artvandelay

Quote:
I would love to say that all is well and I am driving my Jeep with my $800 dollar Bestop parts purchase but the one elusive piece to this puzzle is still MIA! The sound bar cap. This is the most frustrating of all purchases I have ever made.Summer will soon be gone and I will have a lot of new pieces sitting in my garage all winter. I am so confused on how a consumer, can pay for products with his hard earned money and should have to wait and fight for this product to be used. I am sorry to rant again but returning the rest of this crap will cost me restocking fees due to nothing wrong with all the other pieces. Yet to use them they must all be used together. So just becareful on what you buy for your jeep. Buy local,cause if it doesn't fit the hassle of returning it to these mail order guys isn't worth the few dollar savings .You'll lose in the end!
You aren't ranting. You're taking some of your very valuable time to give everyone a heads up on this ****. I'm sure that everyone highly appreciates it bro.

You SHOULD NOT have to pay ANY restocking fees OR fees to ship stuff back either. If you're not happy with things bro, escalate the situation to a senior member of customer service management, not one of those first tier peon supervisors that are usually still reading from a computer screen like the reps you talk to initially. Get everyones names, first and last, and employee/csr numbers to document everything and hold people accountable. At the very least it might make sure they do their job a bit better.

Tell them all the bs, inconvenience incurred, rudeness dealt with, and just plain out hassle and how perturbed with you. Tell them to empathize, and that youre not asking for anything unreasonable or unwarranted here, just what you deserve. Tell them you've been patient for too long now and things need to be made right, immediately (shipped overnighted) etc etc.

If they dont bend over backwards for you, which at this point they damn well should., tell them that youll dispute it with your credit card company and do a chargeback. At this point they should be listening as its something you have every right to do. If you have used a debit or credit card for ANY purchase, and you have not gotten the product or service that was offered EXACTLY, you can get the big boys involved. And it saves you valuable time as well. Not many people know that buying with plastic offers you MANY protections like, buyers protection, and even EXTRA FREE warranties above and beyond the manufacturers warranties!!! A lot of the time the warranties dont even run concurrent to one another so you get another warranty after your main regular one expires... So most times it doesnt pay to buy these overpriced, ridiculous extra/extended warranties on stuff...

So... If they dont follow through with what you paid for, theyll have to refund you AND pay extra fees to visa/mastercard etc..

Bottom line, this is bs, and at this point you should be getting a store credit or gift card, or apartial refund on this stuff if you want to keep it, just for the fiasco already. And thats VERY deserving. If you have to escalate the call to the owner, do so... They are treating you like a Herb.

If they do end up making things right, that's not even barely bringing things back up to par... You still have all the phone calls/emails, grief, hassle, stress and the time of all that and time away from your family. Time, the most valuable thing, cant be replaced obv, but it NEEDS and HAS to be compensated for....

Really man, think about how much time you have into this with the correspondence, calls, emails, trying to fit things up, seeing if you can modify things, driving around... and Im prob missing even more crap involved.

Be assertive or people will walk over you. Thats sadly the way it is in life most of time.

I hope this helps.

I didnt really have time to write it, but hopefully itll help you and others....

Peace.

"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box."
artvandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2010, 04:05 PM   #68
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by artvandelay View Post
You aren't ranting. You're taking some of your very valuable time to give everyone a heads up on this ****. I'm sure that everyone highly appreciates it bro.

You SHOULD NOT have to pay ANY restocking fees OR fees to ship stuff back either. If you're not happy with things bro, escalate the situation to a senior member of customer service management, not one of those first tier peon supervisors that are usually still reading from a computer screen like the reps you talk to initially. Get everyones names, first and last, and employee/csr numbers to document everything and hold people accountable. At the very least it might make sure they do their job a bit better.

Tell them all the bs, inconvenience incurred, rudeness dealt with, and just plain out hassle and how perturbed with you. Tell them to empathize, and that youre not asking for anything unreasonable or unwarranted here, just what you deserve. Tell them you've been patient for too long now and things need to be made right, immediately (shipped overnighted) etc etc.

If they dont bend over backwards for you, which at this point they damn well should., tell them that youll dispute it with your credit card company and do a chargeback. At this point they should be listening as its something you have every right to do. If you have used a debit or credit card for ANY purchase, and you have not gotten the product or service that was offered EXACTLY, you can get the big boys involved. And it saves you valuable time as well. Not many people know that buying with plastic offers you MANY protections like, buyers protection, and even EXTRA FREE warranties above and beyond the manufacturers warranties!!! A lot of the time the warranties dont even run concurrent to one another so you get another warranty after your main regular one expires... So most times it doesnt pay to buy these overpriced, ridiculous extra/extended warranties on stuff...

So... If they dont follow through with what you paid for, theyll have to refund you AND pay extra fees to visa/mastercard etc..

Bottom line, this is bs, and at this point you should be getting a store credit or gift card, or apartial refund on this stuff if you want to keep it, just for the fiasco already. And thats VERY deserving. If you have to escalate the call to the owner, do so... They are treating you like a Herb.

If they do end up making things right, that's not even barely bringing things back up to par... You still have all the phone calls/emails, grief, hassle, stress and the time of all that and time away from your family. Time, the most valuable thing, cant be replaced obv, but it NEEDS and HAS to be compensated for....

Really man, think about how much time you have into this with the correspondence, calls, emails, trying to fit things up, seeing if you can modify things, driving around... and Im prob missing even more crap involved.

Be assertive or people will walk over you. Thats sadly the way it is in life most of time.

I hope this helps.

I didnt really have time to write it, but hopefully itll help you and others....

Peace.
Watch out Bestop, I'm hiring this guy to be my lawyer!
Unread 08-24-2010, 07:16 PM   #69
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

UPDATE!! DAY 22!! NUTTIN YET!!!!!!!
Unread 08-25-2010, 04:11 AM   #70
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
UPDATE!! DAY 22!! NUTTIN YET!!!!!!!

Incredible......and totally unacceptable!

Kinda like a black hole!
Unread 08-25-2010, 03:32 PM   #71
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
Incredible......and totally unacceptable!

Kinda like a black hole!
I know, very frustrating, but it gives my fellow workers something to bust me about! I did pm Geoff at bestop again. Lets see what happens this request.
Unread 08-25-2010, 03:54 PM   #72
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Wow, Geoff is lightning fast! Just pm'd me back already and the product issue is resolved but no product at hand to be shipped out yet. Stay tuned kids!!!
Unread 08-25-2010, 05:26 PM   #73
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

yup,...........waiting
Unread 08-30-2010, 02:30 PM   #74
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Day 28! No soundbar cover yet! Its on a slowwwwwww boat!!Thinking about starting a hunger strike untill I get this settled. But cant start tonight because the wifes taking me to the Tipsy Turtle and I cant pass up the Kickin Crab Bisque!
Unread 09-02-2010, 02:33 PM   #75
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Well, I got my new softdoors today. They are perfect. Good product.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bestop , JK Wrangler , problems , solution , windjammer , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.