Warning on Bestop Wraparound Windjammer and Soundbar Cap - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Warning on Bestop Wraparound Windjammer and Soundbar Cap

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 08-07-2010, 01:14 PM   #46
larubie
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I installed the "Hardrock" (by "Bestop") front bumper. It looks like a very strong well built unit, but once I got in on the TJ the bottom bolt holes are off by about 1/4 inch. I am having to re-drill and then weld up the holes on the new bumper. Not good quality after all. I would love to return the bumper but its just too heavy and a pain so I'll fix it.

Unread 08-10-2010, 08:00 AM   #47
BestopTeam

Hi folks.

Yes, I was on vacation, and then playing catch up with all the emails and whatnot.

This thread is just a BIT overwhelming to catch up with, PLUS it's impossible to match screen names with email names.

SO: if you are waiting for a customer service response or call back, please send me an email: webteam@bestop.com. Short little summary would help.

DOORS: the pins on several doors were done incorrectly. This is a "known issue" as they say, which has been solved. If you have problems with your door fit, let us know. 800-845-3567.

BUMPERS: I installed front and rear on a TJ two weeks ago, and they fit perfectly. Honest. This was the first time I'd ever installed front bumpers, and I didnt' realize you needed the little bolt underneath, but otherwise, it was a very easy install.

The initial question on the Windjammer: I have no idea whatsoever. Let me get back to you.
BestopTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 08:06 AM   #48
BestopTeam

Quote:
Maybe Geoff is on vacation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsjk View Post
Or laid off!!
Some days, I can only dream. But I need to get my Jeep running right first.

Hey: Here's a photo from a video shoot I did last week. We did a Supertop install on a TJ. And it went perfectly. Everything was in the box, all the parts fit exactly right, and it looked really good. I'm just saying that, because it's important to calibrate: we ship thousands of products each week. If they were all incorrect or faulty, I truly would get a lot more time to go offroading. As would everyone here.

a1.jpg

Last edited by BestopTeam; 08-10-2010 at 08:35 AM..
Unread 08-10-2010, 10:12 AM   #49
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for getting back to us Geoff
I hope you had a good vacation

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 12:39 PM   #50
jstrubberg
2009 JK Wrangler 

Geoff,

Glad to hear the TJ install went well. I've removed my JK soft top and hung it on the wall. The poor fit is too irritating for me to look at on a daily basis.

I realize that's not 100% a Bestop problem. The fastening system on the JK just isn't as soft top friendly as the TJ was. Still, I expected more for what I paid for the product. I certainly didn't expect a battered mess hanging on my garage wall in less than 30 days.

I've emailed over and over. I did get a response from Tonia after email round 3. She shipped me a set of the new knob latches to replace my suitcase latches. They definitely improve the security of the top, but they didn't do a thing for the top actually fitting the windshield as it should, nor did they get rid of the annoying slipstream noise from the corners of the top poking up in the air.

Buyer beware, I guess. That's the last time I buy something this expensive without putting my hands on a working install.
jstrubberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 01:09 PM   #51
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks Geoff. I hope you can help. Its been frustrating to say the least! I pm'd contact info to you. Dave!
dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 09:07 PM   #52
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Update. Sort of in Bestop limbo as you folks can see. I'm at the shore with wifeys grand cherokee and the new doors came Monday while I'm away so the neighbor put them in my garage. This weekend I ll let you know how that worked out. As for the soundbar cover it is a factory mistake with the "j" channel sewn on incorrectly and they are supposed to send me one as soon as they can locate one I guess. Looks like Geoff is going to make things right. Will let you know!
Unread 08-12-2010, 05:07 AM   #53
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Good to hear that you're getting it handled....

Bestop should give Geof a raise, I wonder if they know how many issues he handles on here?
Unread 08-12-2010, 06:47 AM   #54
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

He is working my issue as well. If it gets corrected I have a couple of threads to update.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2010, 10:59 AM   #55
BestopTeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
Good to hear that you're getting it handled....

Bestop should give Geof a raise, I wonder if they know how many issues he handles on here?
This is absolutely totally true. They should give me a huge raise.

But in fairness, all I did was make sure our customer support team was on the issues. LeeAnne did the rest, not me.

Our support team is small, experienced (some have been here 20+ years!), and really good. They're a little stressed out right now, since they've lost a couple of people to other positions recently, and since the sales volume in the past few months has really spiked.

They're trying to hire new people, but I think it's hard for them to find the quality.
Unread 08-12-2010, 01:34 PM   #56
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Well, my issue has been handled completely and professionally. I'll let you guys know when I get the doors. I feel pretty confident that this issue has been resolved. Thank you so much!
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2010, 01:42 PM   #57
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

The heck with Geoff then. Give LeeAnne the raise!
Unread 08-12-2010, 02:25 PM   #58
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsjk View Post
The heck with Geoff then. Give LeeAnne the raise!
You Dog......LMAO
Unread 08-12-2010, 02:28 PM   #59
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffatBestop View Post
This is absolutely totally true. They should give me a huge raise.

But in fairness, all I did was make sure our customer support team was on the issues. LeeAnne did the rest, not me.

Our support team is small, experienced (some have been here 20+ years!), and really good. They're a little stressed out right now, since they've lost a couple of people to other positions recently, and since the sales volume in the past few months has really spiked.

They're trying to hire new people, but I think it's hard for them to find the quality.
You are appreciated here!

There's about a gazillion Jeepers on here that would easily be qualified.....just sayin'

Maybe bring the manufacturing back to the USA too...
Unread 08-12-2010, 03:52 PM   #60
BestopTeam

I posted the Help Wanted thing here on JF. I know we got at least one good candidate from a post I put on colorado4x4.org, so we definitely recognize the value of the knowledge people on forums have.

Tags
bestop , JK Wrangler , problems , solution , windjammer , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.