Warning on Bestop Wraparound Windjammer and Soundbar Cap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Warning on Bestop Wraparound Windjammer and Soundbar Cap

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-02-2010, 05:06 PM   #1
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Warning on Bestop Wraparound Windjammer and Soundbar Cap

Just to give you guys the heads up, I purchased the whole works. Bikini windjammer etc. Went to install the wraparound windjammer and mate it to the soundbar cap (a reguired part) and found opposing j channels. 4wd hardware was absolutely no help at all , to the point of rudeness as always, so I called bestop. Apparently the soundbar caps, they feel, were shipped out with the J-channel sewn on backwards. I went to a store locally and tried two, then went to call 4wd hardware and the ignorant chick said theres faces the same way. She told me to flip it around . Bestop is getting back to me tommorrow and I will let you know how widespread it is.

dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Wow, JK's are going into the 5th year of production and still having issues.(Bestop)

Seems like last month it was the trek top.

Guess 4wd won't be getting any more of your $$$

Hope you get it worked out!
Unread 08-02-2010, 06:11 PM   #3
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
Wow, JK's are going into the 5th year of production and still having issues.(Bestop)

Seems like last month it was the trek top.

Guess 4wd won't be getting any more of your $$$

Hope you get it worked out!
Bestop seems to want to help.But theres no excuse for the issues. As for 4wd, there customer service sucks royally but there sales are to good to pass up. Sort of a damned if you do or dont situation.
Unread 08-03-2010, 07:50 PM   #4
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Little update,Bestop is full of sh*t. Customer service never called back as promised on there junk! Talk about a business that goes backwards instead of ahead in todays economy.
Unread 08-03-2010, 07:55 PM   #5
BinaryPie
2010 JK Wrangler 

I was going to buy this exact setup or the trek top. I just can't decide. Although both seem like either direction is going to cause me some pain.
BinaryPie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2010, 08:03 PM   #6
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Just check the parts before you buy. Prefit the winjammer to the sound bar. If that works your in business.
Unread 08-03-2010, 08:56 PM   #7
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

I bought their softdoors for my 4door. They aren't well made...the uppers don't fit into the lowers correctly. They sent me another door and it had the same problem. I had to grind half of the guide pins off. I mailed them back with a picture of the problem and never heard from them again. It's like the welders are human and do everything by "eying" it up. It's really bad. Apparently they outsourced everything overseas instead of making it in Colorado and ever since the the quality has been poor.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2010, 09:00 PM   #8
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbloyer81 View Post
I bought their softdoors for my 4door. They aren't well made...the uppers don't fit into the lowers correctly. They sent me another door and it had the same problem. I had to grind half of the guide pins off. I mailed them back with a picture of the problem and never heard from them again. It's like the welders are human and do everything by "eying" it up. It's really bad. Apparently they outsourced everything overseas instead of making it in Colorado and ever since the the quality has been poor.
Thats Funny! The set for my 2dr came that way also. 4WD parts told me to bend it! I told them it was off 3/4's of an inch so they said send them back!I,m waiting for another set also. Not having good luck at all with this Bestop crap!!!!
Unread 08-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #9
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, the problem isn't that the pins don't line up the bottom, they don't line up where they are welded on the upper. So, if you bend the pin at the bottom, it just jams/binds as the upper meets the lower. It's complete BS that a product with that high cost has such poor quality. My passenger door fits differently than my drivers side too. If a competitor comes out bestop is screwed. I'd try anything other than bestop...
Unread 08-03-2010, 09:19 PM   #10
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I'd try anything other than bestop...
X2!!!!!!
Unread 08-03-2010, 09:36 PM   #11
TheShift
2010 JK Wrangler 

The High Rock skids and runners i installed today from bestop were a [size=f'n huge]PITA[/size]

I had to literally heat the back of the skids up and tweak them a bit so they would fit snug on the jeep..... should have took pictures of how much they laid away from the rockers.... my buddy that was helping me was like''just get some black silicone and fill it in''.... pffft f that... i told him to stfu and hand me the torch...

They look great... had i not tweaked it a little....i would have sent them packin...

I will never buy anything from bestop again....
TheShift is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #12
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Glad to hear its not only me! Out of five parts ordered only three parts were right. Doors bad, Sound bar cover sewn wrong and the people at bestop didnt have the technology to look at there own parts to tell me what part was wrong on the sound bar cover!!! 4WD hardware chick didnt even know what a soundbar cover was!
Unread 08-03-2010, 10:02 PM   #13
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Heres a couple of pics. First is how the J channel should be in the yellow. The second is what the soundbar cover J channel I purchased locally had and the second one and also the one described from 4wd hardware.
Unread 08-03-2010, 10:04 PM   #14
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

That stinks.
Unread 08-03-2010, 10:10 PM   #15
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
That stinks.
For me and them. You would think that there would be some concern from 4wd hardware or at the very most from bestop on this problem, but I was just blown off by both of them! I guess they don't need my money!!

Tags
bestop , JK Wrangler , problems , solution , windjammer , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.