Wanderlust, TheBoss's JKU build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Wanderlust, TheBoss's JKU build

Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Headlight Pair

Unread 04-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #46
TheBoss
malt, hops, yeast, water

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
Better idea meet in Moab? in Oct?

its about 8/9hours for use and I could a few guys we know as well. Last oct we went just before it got real cold was nice. We found rooms for under 100$. made it plush and cozy
That sounds doable , I'll make arrangments at work. I'll keep in touch with you regarding dates.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #47
TheBoss
malt, hops, yeast, water

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal View Post
Awesome looking build and I like your coil pizza table mod. Also a big fan of Northridge 4x4, they've always done right by me. I believe I already asked you what town you were located in and have already forgot so....? I'm also available if you need an extra hand. (for wrenching only, pervs)(
Thanks! I've donated heavily to Northridge , no regrets. I'm s/w of Aurora by35 miles, B.F.E country ,but I like it quiet . Close to" The Cliffs" if you know where that is. No big wrenching projects in the works right now,but I'll remember the offer. Did I read about a Badlands trip coming up?

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
Unread 04-09-2013, 05:40 PM   #48
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
Thanks! I've donated heavily to Northridge , no regrets. I'm s/w of Aurora by35 miles, B.F.E country ,but I like it quiet . Close to" The Cliffs" if you know where that is. No big wrenching projects in the works right now,but I'll remember the offer. Did I read about a Badlands trip coming up?
Absolutely, this weekend! Wheeling all day Saturday starting at 9AM and camping and wheeling all day Sunday. Anyone is more than welcome to come out and we should be on CB channel 16 unless something changes. If you can't make this one we are going again on May 18/19. We also have a couple trips planned to the Cliffs and I should be volunteering as a trail guide to their "2nd Annual Jeep Thing" as long as I get a winch by then

(If anyone is interested shoot me a message and I can supply my phone number)

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #49
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Quote:
Absolutely, this weekend! Wheeling all day Saturday starting at 9AM and camping and wheeling all day Sunday. Anyone is more than welcome to come out and we should be on CB channel 16 unless something changes. If you can't make this one we are going again on May 18/19. We also have a couple trips planned to the Cliffs and I should be volunteering as a trail guide to their "2nd Annual Jeep Thing" as long as I get a winch by then

Ah the Cliffs. Has that place changed much in the past 2 years? I went to the Badlands and never went back but I've heard mixed reviews but that's nothing new.

Tanimal-get a XRC. I love mine contrary to popular opinions on them being crap and I definitely use it.

Boss-Looks boss. So what's next on the chopping block?

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Omaha Orange

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
442Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #50
TheBoss
malt, hops, yeast, water

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

This weekend is a bust , May could be an option though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 442Wrangler View Post
Ah the Cliffs. Has that place changed much in the past 2 years? I went to the Badlands and never went back but I've heard mixed reviews but that's nothing new.

Tanimal-get a XRC. I love mine contrary to popular opinions on them being crap and I definitely use it.

Boss-Looks boss. So what's next on the chopping block?
I think I' m going to add an extension to the step plate on the rails. As my dog gets older I worry about her getting a paw stuck in the empty space towards the rear of the rail. I have had thoughts of fabing a rear bumper. I want it light weight ,maybe 1/8" skin with internal bracing.

Unread 04-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #51
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
This weekend is a bust , May could be an option though.

I think I' m going to add an extension to the step plate on the rails. As my dog gets older I worry about her getting a paw stuck in the empty space towards the rear of the rail. I have had thoughts of fabing a rear bumper. I want it light weight ,maybe 1/8" skin with internal bracing.
Sounds good. I just pick my dog up now (but she's 16) to get into the Jeep. Are you thinking full width or what?

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon

-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
Unread 04-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #52
TheBoss
malt, hops, yeast, water

2012 JK Wrangler 

Wow that's up there for dog years. Our GSD is around 13 yrs old (adopted so not for sure) we've had her for 11 . I pulled the rear pass. side seat to help out with the entry.

Right now the rails have a step plate but it has a void just before the rear taper which is below the rear door sill. I plan on just extending it to fill the gap.

Unread 04-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #53
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

I'll be waiting. You are a man who fabs up nice stuff so I'm looking forward to it.

And yeah, she is up there. She is a black lab and she's one of only two I know of that have made it to this age.

1998 TJ Sahara Sold

1994 YJ SE Sold

1960 Willys Wagon

-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
Unread 05-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #54
TheBoss
malt, hops, yeast, water

2012 JK Wrangler 

Took the hardtop off for the season and put on the Safari Straps cage. I'm running the freedom tops in the front for a bit of weather protection.
jeep-postcard-lots-002a.jpg

Unread 06-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #55
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Took the hardtop off for the season and put on the Safari Straps cage. I'm running the freedom tops in the front for a bit of weather protection.
Attachment 625415

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:49 AM   #56
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

How are you liking the lod bumper?

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #57
TheBoss
malt, hops, yeast, water

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
How are you liking the lod bumper?
It's built like a tank! I think the mid width would look better with flat flairs , but I'm not quite to that bridge until I get 35's. I'm considering their rear bumper as well.

Unread 07-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #58
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Looking good boss!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #59
TheBoss
malt, hops, yeast, water

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road View Post
Looking good boss!

-Jason
Thanks, can't wait to get armored up.

Thanks again for the low price on the goods!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.