(Walle) Is The Winner of The February 2014 JK of the Month Contest! - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > (Walle) Is The Winner of The February 2014 JK of the Month Contest!

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

View Poll Results: Vote now For The February 2014 JK of the Month!
Brut4ce 41 37.61%
Ferninaz 12 11.01%
Walle 42 38.53%
442Wrangler 14 12.84%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 03-03-2014, 08:11 PM   #91
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

I wrote the rules that were adapted for the JKoTM, and my opinion based on that I believe that he should be allowed to continue.

However, let the masses decide

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 08:52 PM   #92
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

4 contestants and drama, how cool
Unread 03-03-2014, 09:20 PM   #93
NYGLT56
Your Local Body Builder
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK
Hi Everyone We need to make a group decision regarding Brut4ce's entry in this contest. He stated in the entry thread that he is not sponsored nor does a company pay for his rig. The rules state "Company owned or sponsored rigs will not be allowed to submit. It is unfair to everyone else who operates on a budget" and we need to determine weather he should be alowed to remain as a contestant. Please let me know what you all think so I can determine if any action is in order. Please PM me with you input so we don't clutter up the contest.
Wait. He said it wasn't right? So it isn't.
Unread 03-03-2014, 10:10 PM   #94
Brut4ce
2010 JK Wrangler 

I do stuff for friends and more or less base help on common sense. I'm not sponsored lol unless I sponsor myself In which case its built not bought....
Go ahead and look at my ride and on see what's bought or sponsored....nothing was dealer deals, nothing was given to me and almost nothing has been bought and bolted on therefore its a non sponsored rig...I don't have a unlimited budget and bank account I probably have less no ey in my rig than anyone.....
I have a day job and don't build jeeps as a shop or showroom, I do it more referral and buddies....but spend more time saving people no ey telling them to be smart first (function over looks) then build the add one...I don't sell PS, evo or other products so I'm not making money there...

I'll pull my signs off my truck and still same thing g, I built it.....not bolt on...all in my garage at my house....

[B][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]BUILT FOR THE ROCKS BUILD[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/built-rocks-2101897/"][B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]CLICK HERE[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/URL]
Brut4ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 10:35 PM   #95
360LJ

First off, i don't care who wins. It is a contest on a forum with 4 entries. So I went looking to see if this jeep was sponsored just for my own curiosity, and what I found was this. Brut4ce.com advertises services and products. There are even reviews by customers on his Facebook page, even though he just stated that he doesn't sell products and only provides advice to his friends. So I'm guessing this is what is in question.
Unread 03-03-2014, 10:42 PM   #96
360LJ

I also looked up the other 3 entries and it doesn't look like any are sponsored but can't really tell.
Looks as if the others are just running stickers.
Unread 03-03-2014, 10:47 PM   #97
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

He runs a business and is trying to get free advertising and business. Instead should become a vendor on this board.
Unread 03-03-2014, 10:47 PM   #98
Brut4ce
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360LJ View Post
First off, i don't care who wins. It is a contest on a forum with 4 entries. So I went looking to see if this jeep was sponsored just for my own curiosity, and what I found was this. Brut4ce.com advertises services and products. There are even reviews by customers on his Facebook page, even though he just stated that he doesn't sell products and only provides advice to his friends. So I'm guessing this is what is in question.
They are almost all truss work, ball joints and sleeve gussets...I do stuff on the side and for locals mainly...I also kept my format as a non commerce site but blog because most of the stuff is common sense...
I'm not a shop unless my garage is considered a shop... I can get Polly and Artec mainly and send people to other companies where I get nothing...my jeep is built from the steel scrap pile at calmesa in Escondido.

I don't have a shop but I do have evenings and weekends to do things for people. This Fab doesnt pay for my house ....lol as a matter of fact wife's mad because of the metal dust etc...

I understand the perception and I'm not rebel, evo, Orw or a shop...if anyone wants to come by they can...I'll take you on a tour of my house...lol possibly get lucky with dinner the wife's a good cook.

So either way I can pull the stickers off the jeep and it will still continue to get built there will still be complaints and to that I suggest anyone having a issue you need to go learn to Fab and build its cheaper...

I have a day job and Fab on the side...

[B][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]BUILT FOR THE ROCKS BUILD[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/built-rocks-2101897/"][B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]CLICK HERE[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/URL]
Unread 03-03-2014, 10:52 PM   #99
Brut4ce
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
He runs a business and is trying to get free advertising and business. Instead should become a vendor on this board.
Really....how many people live near me to get trusses, c-gussets, sleeves or ball joints....pretty shortly advertising if you ask me...now of I had a commerce site and did online shopping etc then I'd agree...
As a matter of fact someone elsewhere asked if I'd make em brackets and pay...I'm cutting my own brackets tomorrow and pmd him back not to worry I'll slap em out if they aren't to hard...(no cost) moderators can check my pm's....so my business plan is therefore flawed....

Unread 03-03-2014, 11:07 PM   #100
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Thank you to all who responded through PM and in this thread.
From your responses I have come to the conclusion that this contest should run its course with all four entries in play.
I do recognize that Brut4ce web site is more of a blog and not a site for selling products at this time. I also feel that his Jeep is built by him without sponsorship by other companies.
I need to say that his situation is borderline and could easily be considered to be outside the rules of this contest but with this being mostly fun and games we'll let it go this time.

Thanks again and on with the show!
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 11:23 PM   #101
Brut4ce
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK View Post
Thank you to all who responded through PM and in this thread.
From your responses I have come to the conclusion that this contest should run its course with all four entries in play.
I do recognize that Brut4ce web site is more of a blog and not a site for selling products at this time. I also feel that his Jeep is built by him without sponsorship by other companies.
I need to say that his situation is borderline and could easily be considered to be outside the rules of this contest but with this being mostly fun and games we'll let it go this time.

Sorry for any hassle....
I do stuff all the time because I like working on stuff, did a bit of stuff on a guys jeep today because he needed help and got the short end of the stick. Did t have the means to weld or fix.....I got a candy bar and a diet coke which was cool...lol
My cost on electric and gas, wire, flap disc....not to mention time...but he's good to go and we have another wheeler still up and running...this is why I'm jeep fund broke and buy scrap pile steel...(also why I have to keep a day job lol)

Unread 03-04-2014, 05:24 AM   #102
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Burn him at the steak!!!!!!! Just kidding carry on then. Nothing to see here...

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2014, 06:36 AM   #103
BlkOpsRubi

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut4ce View Post
I have a day job and Fab on the side...
Your profile says your occupation is: "Fabrication on Jeeps" Just saying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK View Post

But really people, who cares as long as he's not a vendor or commercially sponsored? This is supposed to be a fun contest and a chance to show off your Jeep whether it's built, bolted on, or bought. And there are a lot of blurred lines around those terms. Just because something looks pretty or was DIY doesn't mean it's better constructed, structually sound, or even safe for wheeling!

So, vote for the Jeep you like best ... I don't usually vote for four doors or anything with larger than 35s ... I'm an old school wheeler and that is just what I like.

Lighten up folks and lets have fun. We need to get the entry and vote count up for this contest going forward!
BlkOpsRubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2014, 07:25 AM   #104
360LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkOpsRubi View Post
Your profile says your occupation is: "Fabrication on Jeeps" Just saying! But really people, who cares as long as he's not a vendor or commercially sponsored? This is supposed to be a fun contest and a chance to show off your Jeep whether it's built, bolted on, or bought. And there are a lot of blurred lines around those terms. Just because something looks pretty or was DIY doesn't mean it's better constructed, structually sound, or even safe for wheeling! So, vote for the Jeep you like best ... I don't usually vote for four doors or anything with larger than 35s ... I'm an old school wheeler and that is just what I like. Lighten up folks and lets have fun. We need to get the entry and vote count up for this contest going forward!

I agree this is a fun contest so who cares! Good luck all
Unread 03-04-2014, 08:01 AM   #105
Walle
Soccer Mom and Jeep Hater

2012 JK Wrangler 

Yvonne Strahovski says "Who gives a ****?! I am hot and have boobs!"
Walle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.