volant new exhaust and intake for JK's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > volant new exhaust and intake for JK's

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe ALL NEW Factor 55 ProLink Winch Shackle Mounts availabFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-23-2007, 12:22 PM   #1
barry1me
2012 JK Wrangler 

volant new exhaust and intake for JK's

Hey Guys I thought I would pass this your ways. This seems pretty legit, they back all there claims. I know there stuff is great for trucks and TJ's so I assume it will be pretty outstanding for the JK. Biggest thing that caught my eye is it is 304SS much higher grade then a lot of the aftermarket exhaust systems.

2007_jk_flyer.jpg  

everything below has a hyperlink to the install/review
Rubicon Express Long Arm
D30 Alloy axle shafts with Alloy U joints
D30 Powertrax no slip locker
Skid row skids engine- gas tank - radiator- steering box
Expidition one trail series rear bumper and carrier
Edge Trail jammer install/review
Bestop Trailmax Aqua seat
Bestop Super top

Before you ask about a product in the Technical forums check out the product review section!
barry1me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2007, 02:22 PM   #2
Grant211
2007 JK Wrangler 

THanks for the post, but i just don't get it... adding an exhaust and cold airintake to our jeeps, just doesn't make sense to me...

If we had mustangs, gto's, corvette's, or a performance truck (previous ride was a Hemi truck with a little over 400HP).. I get it.., but a jeep???
Unread 07-23-2007, 02:26 PM   #3
barry1me
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant211
THanks for the post, but i just don't get it... adding an exhaust and cold airintake to our jeeps, just doesn't make sense to me...

If we had mustangs, gto's, corvette's, or a performance truck (previous ride was a Hemi truck with a little over 400HP).. I get it.., but a jeep???

I dont know what there is to get. I added a edge trailjammer to the TJ and it woke it right up. Yeah jeeps arent by any means a muscle car, but if you can gain some more power for daily driving, passing, or going offroad...it makes sense.

Rubicon Express Long Arm
Bestop Super top

Before you ask about a product in the Technical forums check out the product review section!
Unread 07-23-2007, 02:30 PM   #4
jeff@zina.com
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant211
Power is power. Whether it's transferred to straight-line acceleration or low-end torque, it's still more power than existed before.

Jeff
jeff@zina.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2007, 02:49 PM   #5
ToolFan

More power is good, especially since a lot of people will be wanting 37" tall tires. People are willing to pay $60,000 for a unlimited rubi with a hemi. It was just on EBAY. So I think there is a demand for more power. I want to see it installed, especially with the dual exit exhaust.
ToolFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2007, 03:50 PM   #6
thundercat900
2007 JK Wrangler 

I just called them. $487.50 for the intake and $898.50 for the exhaust system. OUCH but it is very high quality.
2007 JK Unlimited
Supercharged 3.8
Unichip dyno tuned
thundercat900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2007, 03:57 PM   #7
Grant211
2007 JK Wrangler 

i get it.. power is power.. More is better. I totally understand where you guys are coming from.... I just percieved it differently. I like power, just like the next guy. Trust me... its just that I won't be pulling up to a light and looking for a race in a wrangler.

Maybe, i am just taking it to the extreme. I remember in my truck when i got a power mod i would want to take it to the track and see what i gained from it. Granted a 4 door Hemi Ram is no sports car, but running in the mid 14sec range was not bad.

A little extra umph... is great in any vehicle...
Unread 07-23-2007, 03:58 PM   #8
blatod
2007 JK Wrangler 

Intake is $300 from Quadratec - that is where I bought mine.
blatod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2007, 08:07 PM   #9
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

i like Volant but i was under the impression it mounted diffrently... i like that way. Kinda keeps it safe line the factory box does. my brother has a Volant intake in his 4 dr Hemi Ram
Unread 07-24-2007, 06:47 AM   #10
barry1me
2012 JK Wrangler 

From my expereriences Volant makes some high quality parts. I know they have a new filter coming out called the powercore, from what I have been reading its one of the best filters you can get. I guess it has as good of filtering as the OE filter, but has less restriction, yet still will last 100K miles.

Rubicon Express Long Arm
Bestop Super top

Unread 07-25-2007, 12:25 PM   #11
barry1me
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercat900
I just called them. $487.50 for the intake and $898.50 for the exhaust system. OUCH but it is very high quality.
maybe just that place had a higher prices...IMO quality comes with cost. I would call around and see what other companys prices are. I would rather spend a little bit more and know that I got a quality piece

Rubicon Express Long Arm
Bestop Super top

Unread 12-08-2007, 01:18 PM   #12
releve
2007 JK Wrangler 

Hey Barr1me, does your system get that infamous whistling sound that everyone complains about with their CAI's? If you read through various threads in this forum, most people complain that at low RPM's the CAI makes a very annoying whistling sound.

Let me know please.

[COLOR="Navy"]2007 Wrangler Unltd X 4x2 Four Door Soft Top ║ Detonator Yellow ║ 3.8 V6 ║ 6 speed transmission ║ Skyjacker 2.5" Lift ║ 17" Eagle Alloy Series 1378 Sim Beadlock ║ MT Baja MTZ 35x12 5R17 ║ Bushwacker Pocket Fender Flairs ║Volant CAI ║ Borla Cat Back Dual Exhaust ║ Fab Four Front Bumper ║ [/COLOR]
releve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2007, 01:30 PM   #13
gravely_todd
2008 JK Wrangler 

I would like to put an aftermarket exhaust on my JK, but I am afraid that it would sound like a kid's ricer......with that terrible high pitched noise......I have considered a Banks exhaust and a Borla kit, but am afraid to spend the money and have it sound like crap... I would also like to get an intake as well, but won't do that without an exhaust system first...

Todd
and YES I like the silver bumper inserts !!!
gravely_todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2007, 04:24 PM   #14
ZBRA

I have a Volant CAI on my Silverado. I've owned many different brands of CAIs over the years, on many different vehicles. The Volant is the highest quality that I have personally seen. VaraRam is the lowest quality of all the systems I have personally seen.
Unread 12-10-2007, 07:02 AM   #15
barry1me
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by releve
Hey Barr1me, does your system get that infamous whistling sound that everyone complains about with their CAI's? If you read through various threads in this forum, most people complain that at low RPM's the CAI makes a very annoying whistling sound.

Let me know please.
I have the ARB snorkle on my jeep, but I dont get a whistle from that, but I do get a slight whistle from the bigger throttle body though. Doesnt bother me at all though...gives me a few extra ponies so its worth it.

Rubicon Express Long Arm
Bestop Super top

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.