viper tb - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > viper tb

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 09-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
Jarod5
2011 JK Wrangler 

viper tb

anyone useing a viper throttle body on your jk?

Jarod5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #2
oO_Rogue_Oo
2008 JK Wrangler 

I've had one installed on my 3.8 for over a year. I picked it up for $128 to test with it. Short answer is don't waste your time.

When I installed it I saw a slight increase in throttle response but I chauk that up to having 30k miles on my stock throttle body and it being dirty. I feel like I wouldv'e gotten the same result if I had cleaned my stock TB. The Viper TB doesn't seem to play well with tuners, especially the SuperChips tuner. The only good thing I can say about it is that it is cheaper than the stock TB so I got a spare for about half price. It does run fine with a stock tune, which is how I've been running mine for the last year. Guess I should note here that I run a manial trans. The reason I point that out is because I suspect that with an auto it may not run as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.