viper tb - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > viper tb

This is a shout out to all INTERNATIONAL Customers! Yes weEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*

Unread 09-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #1
Jarod5
2011 JK Wrangler 

viper tb

anyone useing a viper throttle body on your jk?

Jarod5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 07:45 AM   #2
oO_Rogue_Oo
2008 JK Wrangler 

I've had one installed on my 3.8 for over a year. I picked it up for $128 to test with it. Short answer is don't waste your time.

When I installed it I saw a slight increase in throttle response but I chauk that up to having 30k miles on my stock throttle body and it being dirty. I feel like I wouldv'e gotten the same result if I had cleaned my stock TB. The Viper TB doesn't seem to play well with tuners, especially the SuperChips tuner. The only good thing I can say about it is that it is cheaper than the stock TB so I got a spare for about half price. It does run fine with a stock tune, which is how I've been running mine for the last year. Guess I should note here that I run a manial trans. The reason I point that out is because I suspect that with an auto it may not run as well.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.