Used smittybilt winch: good deal? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Used smittybilt winch: good deal?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 01-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #1
Phil6mac
2008 JK Wrangler 

Used smittybilt winch: good deal?

Hey guys,

I found a used smittybilt xrc 8k winch for $100 on CL. Appears to be very clean and in good condition. It does not have the cable included. Owner claims to have used it only twice with no problems...

What things should I look for when I check it out tonight?

Phil6mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #2
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

At least if it doesn't work, you haven't wasted a lot of money...personally, I would not want to buy someones else problem. Hook it up to a battery with jumper cables, see if it winds in and out, see if the clutch is working properly, not much else you can do...hope it works when the chips are down.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
Phil6mac
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyClymer
At least if it doesn't work, you haven't wasted a lot of money...personally, I would not want to buy someones else problem. Hook it up to a battery with jumper cables, see if it winds in and out, see if the clutch is working properly, not much else you can do...hope it works when the chips are down.
Good point. Also, the fairlead and cable are going to cost me another 120ish...might as well buy a new one...not looking like the best deal.
Phil6mac is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.