Upper Dash Panel Removal (How-to Guide w/Pics) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Upper Dash Panel Removal (How-to Guide w/Pics)

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 01-31-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
DANJEEPO8
2008 JK Wrangler 

Upper Dash Panel Removal (How-to Guide w/Pics)

Since this topic comes up a LOT and I couldn't find a good thread on it, I figured I'd make a thread to help everyone out. Not that it's that hard, but anyhow...

Unread 01-31-2010, 03:53 PM   #2
ribs
2007 JK Wrangler 

And now for the rest of the dash?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryGrant View Post
...And no the truck dont give BJs but guess you are not married as wifes dont give them either. :rolleyes:
ribs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2010, 03:57 PM   #3
Seanie
2007 JK Wrangler 

Unscrew the 4 screws on the 4 corners of the front of the dash (7mm I belive), and pop of the dash. Now you can get to your radio.
Seanie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2010, 04:00 PM   #4
DANJEEPO8
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellanaesp View Post
Unscrew the 4 screws on the 4 corners of the front of the dash (7mm I belive), and pop of the dash. Now you can get to your radio.
Check the title of this post. It wasn't meant to be full dash removal guide.
Anyhow...if you want to get your radio out, all you have to do is loosen the two tops screws on the dash.
If you want to remove the bottom two, you need to pop the panel off the bottom first to get to them.
Unread 01-31-2010, 04:02 PM   #5
Seanie
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANJEEPO8 View Post
Check the title of this post. It wasn't meant to be full dash removal guide.
Anyhow...if you want to get your radio out, all you have to do is loosen the two tops screws on the dash.
If you want to remove the bottom two, you need to pop the panel off the bottom first to get to them.
I know, someone asked how to get the rest apart, so I threw in my $.02. Forgot about the lower panel though.
Unread 01-31-2010, 04:37 PM   #6
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellanaesp View Post
Cool! Instead of me trudging through the snow to go look, can you post their locations? (I have the Tuffy stereo cover/dish, so no easy accesss to top)
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2010, 04:58 PM   #7
Seanie
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywillie View Post
Cool! Instead of me trudging through the snow to go look, can you post their locations? (I have the Tuffy stereo cover/dish, so no easy accesss to top)
I got a picture of the dash from google images, and put arrows/dots at the approx. location of the screws. (the top ones are higher.. i dunno why I put them so low ) You'll see them once you get the top cover and bottom cover off (they both pop off, the bottom one all you have to do is put a screw driver under the top, pop it out, and it kind of pulls upward and out).

Once you get those 4 screws off, the dashboard around the radio all the way down to the bottom cover just pops off. It's hard to get off the first time because it's such a tight fit, but all need to do is pull from the bottom and put your fingers under it to keep it flat so it doesn't snap. It's pretty strong, so you should be ok.

Unread 01-31-2010, 05:10 PM   #8
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Sweet! thank you!
the jack for my ipod is screwy, and I only get the DS speakers most of the time (depends on cord's position). Bought new cord, same problem....so I wanna pull the radio and check the set screws on the jack are tight before I cry warranty!
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2010, 05:29 PM   #9
Ron Burgundy
Team CANON

2009 JK Wrangler 

I posted a redirect to this thread on my mygig database thread, http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/m...thread-960968/

and I credited the OP.
cheers.

p.s. if you have the daystar or whatever it's called, the aftermarket stereo cover, you just yank it up, no tools required.

MYGIG Database Thread

I appreciate all of the info & good people on this site.
JK Sahara 2dr
Ron Burgundy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2010, 07:15 PM   #10
dirtyjpwrangler
2008 JK Wrangler 

It should be noted that if you have the compass, the compass component is wired to the inside of the dash panel, so be careful when pulling it off, it could be attached to wires.
Unread 10-06-2010, 04:59 PM   #11
InDurango

Pics helped alot, thanks.
InDurango is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.