Update - drove the JK at Camp Jeep... lots of pictures - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Update - drove the JK at Camp Jeep... lots of pictures

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-11-2006, 08:06 AM   #31
buddastrat
2006 TJ Wrangler 

eh, that's close enough!

buddastrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2006, 08:19 AM   #32
TheBluePill

It just kills me that the Fleet Buyers Guide doesn't match up here.. I had my hopes up so much...

They got me hard and let me down.. (JK Blue Ball???)
TheBluePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2006, 08:31 AM   #33
paul olllllllo
2008 JK Wrangler 

Location: royal oak michigan (hometown of DR. JACK KEVORKIAN)
yeah those numbers arent even close to the numbers in this post > http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302169

what a shame.....the main reason I was leaving toward the 2007 was for the so called "better mileage". not to mention that most of us wont even see the mileage that is indicated on the sticker in "real world" situations.

what a real downer.

Rocky, thanks for taking the time to post all the pics and info!
Unread 08-11-2006, 08:34 AM   #34
swirvn

I noticed that they are using the same key as the magnum key. Boy does that suck for any and all watersports lovers out there. I am a surfer and boater in FL, and burned through a couple of those keys from the water. I finally got a water tight holder for it, but the key is bulky and just too big. Why couldn't they use a key from the older set ups. It's smaller and more weather resistant.
swirvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2006, 09:04 AM   #35
ky_soldier

First off, outstanding job on the pics and report. thanks for taking time out of your fun to post these for us.

couple of questions:
- was that really a $195 upgrade to the nav or a typo (or just on rubicon)?
- I have seen the pics of two nav options, the garmin quest copy and the in dash with the 20gb hd. what's the scoop there? is the garmin just for the X?
- was that a mopar accessory wood dash? was it nice or cheesy? any idea if it can be ordered from the factory?

- PLEASE POST MORE PICS OF THE GREEN SAHARA UNLIMITED!!! :-) Did you like the color in person or is it real bland?

PS - for anyone with kids, there is NOTHING ugly about a 4 door wrangler, it's a long time coming and will likely be the better seller IMO. What's ugly is trying to get a baby and some groceries in a SWB Wrangler, let alone a trip or two to Home Depot ;-P

Last edited by ky_soldier; 08-11-2006 at 09:15 AM..
ky_soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2006, 09:34 AM   #36
JurassicMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky529
That sticker was actually on the 2 door Rubicon.
At the top of the sticker it says 2007 Unlimited Rubicon.
JurassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2006, 11:47 AM   #37
exc911ence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky_soldier
- was that a mopar accessory wood dash? was it nice or cheesy? any idea if it can be ordered from the factory?
If you look closely at the dashboard applique, it's actually a Moab-style landscape (you can see the sky just above the radio, top right corner!), not wood.

Interesting yet cheesy all at the same time.
exc911ence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2006, 12:02 PM   #38
RIOGRANDE

I'm willing to bet those high gas mileage figures were from the 2 wheel drive Wranglers. So if you want 4 wheel drive figure it to be the same as the '06.
Green Jeep Club Member #61
Maryland Jeep Club Member #3
'95 Green YJ Rio Grande
4 Cyl, Auto, Akimoto Funnel Ram Air Intake, BORLA Exhaust, 2" Shackle Lift, 30" Futura Enforcer's M/T on Outlaw II's, Bestop Soft Top, Slider Half Windows, SS Step Bars, Xenon Extended Flares.
SOLD
RIOGRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2006, 12:54 PM   #39
buddastrat
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Nah, I'd think it'll be a few mpg higher. That dash is something you'd get so sick of before you're on a second tank in your new jeep. Too LOUD and tacky.
buddastrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2006, 02:04 PM   #40
19jeep78
1978 CJ5 

whatever, i dont see anything too special about those jeeps. i will miss the I-6 more than anything I still think one of the BEST looking jeeps ive ever seen was a brown/tan colored LJ Rubicon that one of the off-road mags put a long arm kit on not too long ago. that thing was SHARP.
The tow rig:
99 Dodge 2500 cummins on 37s
19jeep78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2006, 02:29 PM   #41
Elwood Blues

Next Generation Dana 44 ????

What is a "next generation D44"? Another sales pitch to make one beleive that it is a Dana 44 built better than any previous model?
Elwood Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2006, 02:41 PM   #42
Falcor
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'm keeping a close eye on how the JK does once people get ahold of them. I will be getting a TJ or JK in about a year. That should be enough time to see how the JK does.

From a looks point of view, the 2 door is growing on me, even though i know the 4 door is more useful.

(sold) 07 JK Rubicon Unlimited, 97 ZJ Laredo - 4.0L, 98 TJ Sahara, 78 CJ-7, 88 Grand Wagoneer
www.real4x4.iwarp.com
Falcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2006, 03:20 PM   #43
exc911ence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwood Blues
What is a "next generation D44"? Another sales pitch to make one beleive that it is a Dana 44 built better than any previous model?
It's built different anyway... I've heard that the internals are different enough to not be compatible with the earlier D44s plus, it's a high-pinion set-up.
exc911ence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2006, 04:20 PM   #44
Border Dave
Got Sand?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwood Blues
I've read that the ring gear is larger also.
Border Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2006, 04:21 PM   #45
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky_soldier
First off, outstanding job on the pics and report. thanks for taking time out of your fun to post these for us.

couple of questions:
- was that really a $195 upgrade to the nav or a typo (or just on rubicon)?
- I have seen the pics of two nav options, the garmin quest copy and the in dash with the 20gb hd. what's the scoop there? is the garmin just for the X?

- PLEASE POST MORE PICS OF THE GREEN SAHARA UNLIMITED!!! :-) Did you like the color in person or is it real bland?

PS - for anyone with kids, there is NOTHING ugly about a 4 door wrangler, it's a long time coming and will likely be the better seller IMO. What's ugly is trying to get a baby and some groceries in a SWB Wrangler, let alone a trip or two to Home Depot ;-P
Jeep has a new style GPS (as shown in the pictures). It is $800. Nice, but pricey. Not sure if it's the Garmin on in-dash.

The dash was cheesy... I think it is just stuck on (Mopar accessory).

The green is very nice, I like it. Check my second updated topic.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Rocky529 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.