Unused console buttons - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Unused console buttons

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!

Unread 11-17-2006, 06:52 PM   #1
Diesel0312

Unused console buttons

Trying to hardwire the garage door opener into the Jeep and want to button beside the emergency flasher button to control it.

From feeling of it, it is stationary and not functional right now. Does anyone know what is behind it? Anyway to make it functional? If not, can I buy a functional blank button from Mopar?

I would like to use it since it would keep a factory appearance wouldn't require cutting any new holes in there.

Diesel0312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2006, 10:07 PM   #2
tcpatter

From what I was told, the whole unit (all 5 buttons) are one unit with a big circuit board connecting all of them. I was told that there isn't anyway just to swap them out with buttons.
tcpatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2006, 11:27 PM   #3
Diesel0312

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcpatter
From what I was told, the whole unit (all 5 buttons) are one unit with a big circuit board connecting all of them. I was told that there isn't anyway just to swap them out with buttons.
If that's the case, then all that would need to be done is get the button moving and connect straight to the board.

I'm just trying to get as much info as possible on it, since I don't want to be taking the console apart several times, but instead only once when I'm ready to do it.
Diesel0312 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.