Unlimited Rubicon , 3" Black Diamond lift , 35" Hankook tires , Commander Hulk wheels - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Unlimited Rubicon , 3" Black Diamond lift , 35" Hankook tires , Commander Hulk wheels

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 03-18-2007, 11:16 AM   #46
JC_

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRockJK
Thanks Josh! It's 27 1/2" from the ground to the bottom of the driver's side front door. It's on a slight incline right now, I'll re-measure it in the morning when it's in my garage and see if that's the same.

Thanks for the info!! I really like the stance of your Rubicon, I believe mine will be very close to it when done.

I hope you do not mind, I referenced your Rubicon in another post. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/jk-suspension-tire-info-picture-guide-389731/ if you want me to, I will remove your info. If you do not mind, please post there as I suspect several people would like their Jeeps to look like yours.

Last edited by JC_; 03-18-2007 at 11:57 AM..
JC_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2007, 11:51 AM   #47
DirtyJeepJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

i think your Jeep looks great, but i'm wondering if your electronic swaybar disco switch still works. it's a function that i'll want to keep when i lift mine.
DirtyJeepJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2007, 01:13 PM   #48
RedRockJK
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBADTRIPx
i think your Jeep looks great, but i'm wondering if your electronic swaybar disco switch still works. it's a function that i'll want to keep when i lift mine.
Yes it does.
RedRockJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2007, 08:44 PM   #49
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Did you go with a heavy duty steering stabilizer such as one from Black Diamond? If not, how is the steering? I ordered the Black Diamond 3" lift kit from quadratec today since it was more complete than the Black Diamond kit 4wd.com offered. Neither kit includes a steering stabilizer, although Black Diamond, Rancho, and several others make them.
Prot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2007, 08:46 PM   #50
RedRockJK
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot
Did you go with a heavy duty steering stabilizer such as one from Black Diamond? If not, how is the steering? I ordered the Black Diamond 3" lift kit from quadratec today since it was more complete than the Black Diamond kit 4wd.com offered. Neither kit includes a steering stabilizer, although Black Diamond, Rancho, and several others make them.
I did not put one on, although I did buy a Skyjacker Steering stabilizer just in case. I don't think I'm going to need it, I can't tell that it steers any different with the lift on it than it did when it was stock.
Unread 03-18-2007, 09:57 PM   #51
RedRockJK
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I had several people ask me to post some side-by-side pics of my Rubicon and my wife's X. Here are a few I snapped this evening.

Unread 03-18-2007, 09:58 PM   #52
RedRockJK
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Unread 03-18-2007, 11:11 PM   #53
cruizer428

Will you guys adopt me? Please! I promise to wash and wax to the best of my ability. Congrats, both look great.
cruizer428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2007, 02:57 AM   #54
RedRockJK
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruizer428
...Congrats, both look great.
Thanks! I think am going to have to upgrade the wheels on my wife's X now. She really doesn't like the ones that are on it.
Unread 03-21-2007, 12:51 PM   #55
sponge bob

Love it, great balance of tire size and height, that's how they should've come from the factory.

2 questions, what is your overall height now from ground to top.

I love those tail light guards, where did you get them?

Thanks.
sponge bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2007, 03:40 PM   #56
RedRockJK
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge bob
Love it, great balance of tire size and height, that's how they should've come from the factory.

2 questions, what is your overall height now from ground to top.

I love those tail light guards, where did you get them?

Thanks.
Thanks. With the hard top on, it's 75.5" from the ground to the highest point. I think the soft top is a little higher but I haven't measured it. The tail light guards are MOPAR accessories, I got them off a Chrysler/Jeep dealer that sells parts on ebay. You could pick up a set at your local Jeep dealer though.
Unread 03-21-2007, 03:52 PM   #57
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

I suppose it's just an optical illusion, but your wife's silver X looks longer than your rubicon in post #52. Then again I sometimes think I am going blind and am into bifocals these days.
Prot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2007, 04:02 PM   #58
RedRockJK
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot
I suppose it's just an optical illusion, but your wife's silver X looks longer than your rubicon in post #52. Then again I sometimes think I am going blind and am into bifocals these days.
This picture especially makes it look that way. It was the perspective I was taking the picture from...it's really an optical illusion.

Unread 03-21-2007, 06:49 PM   #59
sponge bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRockJK
Thanks. With the hard top on, it's 75.5" from the ground to the highest point. .

So you're just under 6'3". any problems with getting in underground and parking garages? I think most of the lowest garages are about 6'2".
sponge bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2007, 08:09 PM   #60
bman9089
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats on having the sexiest JK I've ever seen!

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it” -- Mark Twain

† Christian Jeep Club †
Romans 12:5 | 1 Peter 3:15 | Matthew 9:37-38
bman9089 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.