Unlimited Rubicon , 3" Black Diamond lift , 35" Hankook tires , Commander Hulk wheels - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Unlimited Rubicon , 3" Black Diamond lift , 35" Hankook tires , Commander Hulk wheels

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 03-11-2007, 09:02 AM   #16
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

I don't think it will take long for companies like Edge, Superchips, and Hypertech to come out with a power programmer for the JK. Those power programmers normally have a tire size compensation utility in them.

Prot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2007, 09:41 AM   #17
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

That does look really nce!!!
Unread 03-11-2007, 09:46 AM   #18
fmrock

Looks awsome!
fmrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2007, 10:52 AM   #19
JLH
2004 WJ 

Any rubbing issues?

Did you have to adjust the steering bump stops to prevent tire rub? Or was everything okay? I obviuosly don't know, but do the Commander wheels have different back spacing than the stock Rubicon wheels? Thanks.

Rgs, JLH
JLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2007, 10:55 AM   #20
RedRockJK
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLH
Did you have to adjust the steering bump stops to prevent tire rub? Or was everything okay? I obviuosly don't know, but do the Commander wheels have different back spacing than the stock Rubicon wheels? Thanks.

Rgs, JLH
No I didn't have to adjust the steering bumps, the tires don't rub lock to lock. The 17x7.5 Commander wheels have exactly the same backspacing as the stock Rubicon wheels do.
RedRockJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2007, 09:13 PM   #21
RedRockJK
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot
I don't think it will take long for companies like Edge, Superchips, and Hypertech to come out with a power programmer for the JK. Those power programmers normally have a tire size compensation utility in them.
Exactly, that's what my plan is.
Unread 03-11-2007, 10:17 PM   #22
Lostj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

looks bad*** with those wheels!
lx015oɹd uǝpıun 'ɥɔuıʍ ql0009ɟɥ ؛ɹǝıɹɹɐɔ ǝɹıʇ pol 'sɹǝpuǝɟ ǝqnʇ pǝɹɐlɟ"5˙4ʇuʇ :˙ɔsıɯ ؛sɹǝpıls sʞɹoʍʞɔoɹɥs 'pıʞs ǝuıƃuǝ ɔıpǝɯdǝǝɾ 'pıʞs ɹoʇɐıpɐɹ s,ʎʇsnɹ 'ʞuɐʇsɐƃ puɐ xoq ƃuıɹǝǝʇs ʇɥƃıɹuǝƃ :spıʞs ؛pɐoɹɟɟo ɹoɟ sɹǝƃƃoq"53 'ʇǝǝɹʇs ɹoɟ s,ʇ/ɯdɯoɔoɹd"53 :sǝɹıʇ ؛lɯɯ"1 'lq"52˙1 'spq "2 :ʇɟıl ؛ɹǝʌoɔ uǝɯʞoɹ 'loods-ıuıɯ 'sǝʞɐɹq ɔsıp 'sʎollɐ ɥʇıʍ 44p ؛ɹǝʌoɔ ɹǝɥsnɹɔʞɔoɹ 'slɐǝs ǝlxɐ ɹǝʇno 'ɹǝʞɔol ǝıssnɐ 'sʎollɐ /ʍ 03p '6ı :ɾʇ,00
44p '03p '6ı :5ɾɔ,37
s,ʇ/ɐ ƃɟq"23 '44p '03p '8ʌ063 :5ɾɔ,47

The Swamp Things 4x4 Club Jeep Talk HomeGrown Offroad
Lostj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2007, 06:03 AM   #23
benwaballs
1999 WJ 

your jeep is making me come back to my jeep roots. ive been away for a few years but i am going out today to test drive the jk
benwaballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2007, 07:08 AM   #24
BigNunz6
2012 WK 

Jeep looks incredible!!!!.....Nice job...
Unread 03-12-2007, 08:33 AM   #25
luckyjeeper

That is a sweet looking rig, good job! Thanks for adding the pic with your daughter, it really gives you perspective on how big these JKs really are!

Someone saw mine sitting in a parking lot from up a little hill and they commented that it was a small "car". I had them walk down with me and stand next to it...they were impressed and didn't realize how hulky they are! I guess that's a compliment to the designers, they are so propotionally designed. Not like the Larg-ess of hummers, where they try too hard to make them look big with bumps and protrusions for that sake. ugh.

The red is beautiful too! Love that you are a two jeep familly!!

Keep up the good work fellow Arkansan!!

;p
[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][B]Virescit Vulnere Virtus[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
luckyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2007, 08:39 AM   #26
RedRockJK
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyjeeper
That is a sweet looking rig, good job! Thanks for adding the pic with your daughter, it really gives you perspective on how big these JKs really are!...
Thanks! As an FYI, my daughter is barely over 5 feet tall so you can get a better idea of how tall the Jeep is.
Unread 03-12-2007, 03:18 PM   #27
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

RedRockJk, can you help me out here. I'm going with a similar setup but with different wheels.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f15/beadlock-vs-regular-wheels-386885/

I'm trying to figure out the backspacing and how much the tires will stick out from the fender flares. How wide are the Hulk wheels? I thought they were only 8" wide. Did the narrowness of the wheels cause issues with mounting the tires? I am looking at the BFGoodrich and they are recommending 8.5 to 10" wheel for that size.
Unread 03-12-2007, 09:14 PM   #28
RedRockJK
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot
RedRockJk, can you help me out here. I'm going with a similar setup but with different wheels.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386885

I'm trying to figure out the backspacing and how much the tires will stick out from the fender flares. How wide are the Hulk wheels? I thought they were only 8" wide. Did the narrowness of the wheels cause issues with mounting the tires? I am looking at the BFGoodrich and they are recommending 8.5 to 10" wheel for that size.
Replied in your thread.
Unread 03-13-2007, 09:20 AM   #29
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

BTW, my new coworker is a Jeeper. He has a 4 cylinder YJ. I showed him the pictures of your Rubicon and I had wipe the drool off of my laptop from him adoring it.
Unread 03-14-2007, 01:58 AM   #30
RedRockJK
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyjeeper
...Keep up the good work fellow Arkansan!!

;p
Thanks, maybe I'll see you in Hot Springs at the Superlift ORV park sometime.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.