Unlimited - Adjusting Rear Seat Back Support (the vertical part of the back seat) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Unlimited - Adjusting Rear Seat Back Support (the vertical part of the back seat)

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 04-29-2007, 06:50 AM   #1
03LX470

Unlimited - Adjusting Rear Seat Back Support (the vertical part of the back seat)

Is it even possible? Passengers in the back have complained that the seat angle is 90 degrees making it very uncomfortable for their backs. If not adjustable from factory, are there any modifications available? Thanks

03LX470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2007, 09:32 AM   #2
sgt jeep
2010 JK Wrangler 

Stupid design and no forethought!!!!!!!!

I was dissappointed when I took the unlimited for a test drive and found out that backseat did not recline either. It makes no sense for DC to NOT have it recline. .
sgt jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2007, 12:05 PM   #3
joshg302

Lazy engineers!! Too lazy to figure out how to make the seats fold down flat, and adjust.

JOsh
joshg302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2007, 12:49 PM   #4
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03LX470
Passengers in the back have complained that the seat angle is 90 degrees making it very uncomfortable for their backs.
I agree, it would be cooler if it reclined. But what kind of ungrateful passengers complain about someone else's brand new vehicle? Jerks!
scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2007, 08:06 AM   #5
sgt jeep
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyc
I agree, it would be cooler if it reclined. But what kind of ungrateful passengers complain about someone else's brand new vehicle? Jerks!

My kids would! LoL
sgt jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2007, 05:27 AM   #6
bobhaverford

Quote:
My kids would!
DITTO! DC really dropped the ball on their failure to allow adjustment of the rear seat or allow access to the back seat in the 2 dr.

THOSE changes will be made over the next couple of years - hopefully we will be able to retrofit our jeeps (two chances!).

Is the rear seat sitting position more or less uncomfortable than the old TJ (which I just sold). My jeep will be here today or tomorrow (hopefully).
[SIZE=1]War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worse than war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made so and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. -John Stuart Mill[/SIZE]
bobhaverford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2007, 06:06 PM   #7
2JK
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I've read about a lot of complaints about the rear seat in this forum, but none of my passengers have complained. In fact they all marveled about the extra legroom over the Grand Cherokees. That being said, it does feel a little upright back there. Some enterprising individual will come out with a better seat. Just watch. I also noticed a warning about rear seat passengers banging their heads on the sound bar. Whoops! They were right. That's gotta be figured in by the aftermarket seat gurus.

JK
2JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2007, 06:11 PM   #8
jeepers3

Get a roof rack, make them ride up there and see how they like it.
jeepers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2014, 11:31 PM   #9
cherokeexj1994

"I've read about a lot of complaints about the rear seat in this forum, but none of my passengers have complained. In fact they all marveled about the extra legroom over the Grand Cherokees. That being said, it does feel a little upright back there. Some enterprising individual will come out with a better seat. Just watch. I also noticed a warning about rear seat passengers banging their heads on the sound bar. Whoops! They were right. That's gotta be figured in by the aftermarket seat gurus."

Heres an enterprising individual on eBay, its even 'C-channeled' so you don't have to completely remove the bolts: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251548465751...l2649#shpCntId
cherokeexj1994 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.