Unknown OEM Bungie Thing - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Unknown OEM Bungie Thing

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 06-17-2010, 01:31 PM   #1
rrhodes
2009 JK Wrangler 

Unknown OEM Bungie Thing

Hello All,

Does anyone know what the bungie thing is that has a snap on it is used for? It came with the soft top, there are two of them, and is about a 10 inch loop of bungie material with a button snap on it. I've been wondering for a while. Any ideas?

Maybe for the windows, but where would you snap it to?

Thanks

rrhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 01:35 PM   #2
JeffinWesternWA
2010 JK Wrangler 

I found the only two "snaps" on the Jeep/JK are to fit the straps on the interior in back so, I assume, and it works, to roll up the back window! Nice for the afternoon drives and not having to remove the window...still, never found it in the Owners manual though...
Unread 06-17-2010, 01:52 PM   #3
JKIslander
2010 JK Wrangler 

they are for the back window as stated above, but don't use them......your window will get all kind of scratched up
JKIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 02:01 PM   #4
BigRed09
2009 JK Wrangler 

they snap in by the rear corners of the soft top but inside. i wondered what they were for as well for about 2 months and when i saw someone driving down the road with them in place i figured it out.
Unread 06-17-2010, 02:12 PM   #5
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Here are just a few thing's that you need to avoid if you don't want your windows to get scratched!
Rolling them up, Laying them down, Wiping them off, Washing them, Not washing them, Taking them out of there original packaging,
Looking at them through them or breathing on them, And last but not least, Bringing them home from the dealership!
If you follow everything on this list you are almost guarantied not to scratch your soft-top windows
If you want to roll them up just do it! It's fun

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 02:15 PM   #6
JeffinWesternWA
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK View Post
Here are just a few thing's that you need to avoid if you don't want your windows to get scratched!
Rolling them up, Laying them down, Wiping them off, Washing them, Not washing them, Taking them out of there original packaging,
Looking at them through them or breathing on them, And last but not least, Bringing them home from the dealership!
If you follow everything on this list you are almost guarantied not to scratch your soft-top windows
If you want to roll them up just do it! It's fun
DIDDO, get some Novus #3 polish (#2 isn't strong enough after 6~ mos of ownership), after each washing, polish w/ Novice and it'll help, ...they DO scratch even sitting STILL!
Unread 06-17-2010, 02:24 PM   #7
ncb

It's easier to unzip the back window and let it fall into the back area instead of rolling it up.
ncb is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 08:22 PM   #8
PASKS
2013 JK Wrangler 

I guess I'm a *******. How do you roll up the window when it unzips from the top ? I thought those were for securing the soft top down after lowering it ?
PASKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 08:25 PM   #9
ncb

Bring the zippers on each side up to the corners of the window.
ncb is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 08:27 PM   #10
Grinner
2010 JK Wrangler 

Zip up the sides of the rear window just past vertical. Roll it up and hook the elastic loops over the ends of the roll. And don't sweat scratches. Sheesh, it's a Jeep!
Grinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2010, 04:09 AM   #11
PASKS
2013 JK Wrangler 

The rear window is a PITA
PASKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2010, 05:07 AM   #12
Armycop
2008 JK Wrangler 

I just take the rear window out and use the "Clover Patch" window roll. It has layers of felt material to hold the windows.
Unread 06-18-2010, 07:46 AM   #13
Avernar
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKIslander View Post
they are for the back window as stated above, but don't use them......your window will get all kind of scratched up
In my case it will get more scratched up sitting on top of all the crap in the back. I roll it up. If it gets scratched, oh well, it's a Jeep.
Avernar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2010, 09:18 AM   #14
Grinner
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PASKS View Post
The rear window is a PITA
I leave mine rolled up when I drop the top. Takes 5 seconds to unzip sides and roll it up. The bar at the bottom is a pita tho. Wish I could leave that off...
Grinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2010, 11:03 AM   #15
rrhodes
2009 JK Wrangler 

Pretty darn cool

I tried it out and BAM, it works great. So convienent when you need to get in the back with the soft top on. Oh and ya it got scratched just by rolling it up, but (in a Brave Heart Irish Voice) "Scriut" its gona happen sooner or later and thats what Plexus polish if for.

Thanks All!
rrhodes is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.