Undercoating - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Undercoating

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-09-2009, 08:56 AM   #1
Seanbmc
2009 JK Wrangler 

Undercoating

Hello,
Ive read past posts on undercoating and am still not clear on if its good to do or not. A lot of posts I saw were older and I was wondering how some people are doing that did/didnt do it on their 07s. I am planning on doing a lot of beach driving this summer, and I live in a pretty salty environment as it is. I understand that if its a bad job moisture could get trapped and make it worse, so I am looking for a place that does a great job.

My dealer did not offer undercoating when I got the car. I called the bodyshop they use and they said they do not do it. With last car the dealer swore by the undercoating, this dealer just says they dont do it. Confsuing.

Anyone know of a good place around hampton roads virginia? I may call Line-x to see if they do anything like that. Or is it really just a scam?

Sean

Mastercraft Grab Handles, Mopar Slush Mats, Hitch.
Seanbmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2009, 09:01 AM   #2
wrestlerobx
2008 JK Wrangler 

in Ctuck there is abed lining place that does it for a farely good price but i cant rememer the name. They have rhino lining there. I will try to get the name of the shop from my dad because that is where he takes his trucks to. But start your search in ctuck and you should find something if i dont find out in time
wrestlerobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2009, 04:06 PM   #3
armedsks
2009 JK Wrangler 

[I] try to undercoat all my vehicles. I buy the stuff at walmart/autozone etc. Get under the vehicle with safety glasses and old clothes or a paper suit and go to town on anyting metal. Dont get any on the the exhaust. I also spray any area that the tires can through rocks on. I do under the doors and little crevices.

Ive turned down many of jeeps, because people didnt take care of them and jeeps tend to rot at the mounts and fenders. Just look at alot of cj's and yj's. Rode hard and not always taken care of.
armedsks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2009, 07:07 AM   #4
conrasm
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I think it's a good idea if it is done correctly, especially if you are trying to salvage an older vehicle. I have been trying to correct years of salty punishment to my XJ since it has spent its life in western PA with winter and usually a fair amount of road salt exposure. Any rusty spots need to be cleaned off well prior to applying it or else it will continue to rust under the coating.
'07 Ram 1500 quad cab
Heritage Region Jeep Alliance
conrasm is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.