Uhaul Installed Trailer Hitch Opinions? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Uhaul Installed Trailer Hitch Opinions?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!

Unread 05-25-2014, 07:47 AM   #1
bilgamesh
2014 JK Wrangler 

Uhaul Installed Trailer Hitch Opinions?

I got my new Copperhead Pearl Wrangler a few days ago. They are kind of hard to find, and this particular one was not equipped with a tow package. I bought it anyway, figuring I could add it on. The salesman suggested, as salesmen will do, that I could get one installed at Uhaul, no problem. I am wondering if anybody out there has any experience with having done so. Thoughts?

bilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2014, 07:57 AM   #2
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

U-Haul will work for getting a trailer hitch installed. That is their business, after all.

To save yourself some money, why not install it yourself?
4 bolts, and wire in a trailer electrical harness, and you're good to go!
Here ya go....
Re-inventing the circle and straight line.
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2014, 10:06 AM   #3
ultrabullit
2012 JK Wrangler 

My sport didn't have a hitch installed so I went to my local off-road shop and they had a factory hitch laying in the junk pile they gave to me for free. Just had to buy a harness and 4 bolts.

2012 JKUSp Bright White, Black Freedom Top
Work in Progress
ultrabullit is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.