U connect for jk - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > U connect for jk

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 01-25-2007, 06:15 AM   #16
brandoncrone
1996 ZJ 

None of the Chrysler Uconnect accessory installs use the radio buttons. Only the original factory installed units do.
Here is the link to Motorolas website:

http://direct.motorola.com/ens/carki...A&language=ENS

You can get one off of ebay for around $200

brandoncrone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2007, 05:34 PM   #17
jimmyjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandoncrone
I'll get the info tomorrow. I had the liberty of installing one today, not as impresseed as I thought I would be. Its a generic Motorola Bluetooth Uconnect. Not an actual Mopar unit. This unit has its own speaker, similar to every other cell phone integration kit except it has bluetooth technology. Similar Pod with the 4 buttons on it, it doesn't use the buttons on the front of the radio, but none of the Mopar accessory intergration kits do either.
I have a Parrot hands-free bluetooth unit installed in my Z3. Even with the top down it works pretty good as long as I'm not tooling down the highway. The kit is integrated with the radio ---- as long as the radio is on, when a call comes through, the radio broadcast is replaced by caller.

The simplist unit is about a hundred bucks. I wonder if this device can be integrated with the radio buttons on the JK.....

--jimmyjack

p.s. microphone is mounted on the upper left corner of the windshield.....
jimmyjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2007, 11:05 PM   #18
RLandis
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Parrot

When I talked w/a Parrot rep, he told me to make sure the head unit I was trying to interface with didn't have optical wiring....are the '07 Wrangler entertainment stuff wired with optical wire?
RLandis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2007, 07:30 AM   #19
radioman

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandoncrone
I'll get the info tomorrow. I had the liberty of installing one today, not as impresseed as I thought I would be. Its a generic Motorola Bluetooth Uconnect. Not an actual Mopar unit. This unit has its own speaker, similar to every other cell phone integration kit except it has bluetooth technology. Similar Pod with the 4 buttons on it, it doesn't use the buttons on the front of the radio, but none of the Mopar accessory intergration kits do either.
The Mopar U-Connect kits for the 2007 Sebring & Nitro use the radio button, that's why it's there. Future vehicles using the new can bus II radio will also use it. Check out kits 82210082 or 82210083.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2007, 02:22 PM   #20
spolebitski

Yesterday I called DC about an unrelated question and decided to ask about Uconnect availability of the jk. The customer service rep first told me that it was available on some 2007 jeep wranglers (this is not true) then he referred me to contact Uconnect directly. Now get your hopes up too much but the rep said that they were working on a model that uses the radio features (buttons unusable as of now) and this would be released between March and June of 2007. I guess we will have to keep waiting to see if this ever comes true for us 2007 JK owners.
spolebitski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2007, 03:24 PM   #21
JK_Jeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spolebitski
Now get your hopes up too much but the rep said that they were working on a model that uses the radio features (buttons unusable as of now) and this would be released between March and June of 2007. I guess we will have to keep waiting to see if this ever comes true for us 2007 JK owners.
he wants to sell cars, he'll say anything

IT'S A JEEP THING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraexplorer
Thanks, if it is that good than I'm sure that they can't sell it in California. Everything else is illegal in this state except the illegalsl
JK_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2007, 05:36 PM   #22
spolebitski

It wasnt a car salesmen telling me this information. It was a rep from uconnect.
spolebitski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.