Two questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Two questions

Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep FendeAll Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Unread 03-29-2013, 07:49 AM   #1
kylejeap
2013 JK Wrangler 

Two questions

Good morning my fine and new friends. I have two questions, the first most important. I have not a garage or carport (which would not work because of our animals). I am going to rent a storage unit to store my hard-top unless there are other ideas. Two, if down the line I wanted to replace my top with a soft top, can it be done? Thanks.

Unread 03-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #2
FizzMaster15
2013 JK Wrangler 

Might be cheaper over the long run to get a shed for your back yard...most storage units will cost you 50 bucks a month and will want a contract.

Yes you can get a soft top to work.. It's harder(a little) to go soft to hardtop due to wiring harness involved for wiper and fluid.
FizzMaster15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2013, 09:36 AM   #3
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylejeap View Post
Good morning my fine and new friends. I have two questions, the first most important. I have not a garage or carport (which would not work because of our animals). I am going to rent a storage unit to store my hard-top unless there are other ideas. Two, if down the line I wanted to replace my top with a soft top, can it be done? Thanks.
Kylejeap,

You can put a soft top on your Jeep very easily. We carry the Bestop Supertop NX and the Trektop NX. Both of which are exactly what you will need to convert from hard to soft top. They both come with all the required hardware and fabric to install it. The install itself is very simple for either top, and can be done in about an hour.

We carry both tops and they are able to be shipped out today. We have free shipping on orders over $75 and an exclusive discount for Jeepforum Members. Send me a PM and I can get you the code!

Hope this helps, if you need any other assistance, shoot me a PM. I'll be more than happy to help.

-Zach
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #4
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Soft topping is easy - there are a number of good solutions.

Storage depends on climate - time of year etc. with a good storage rack and cover it doesn't even need to be inside in most climates. Your profile doesn't say which part of the world you live in so I can only share based on my region - North Central Texas. No issue storing outside (just don't move it during a freeze if it's icy = brittle)

Link to some ideas - with a bit of searching you may even find a better solution. This leaves security - only you can answer how secure it would be setting beside your house - you mentioned animals - My mother has a tough time with that regard - cows etc (and even wild hogs) would quickly destroy anything left stored outside!!! There are some I've seen that even hang it on a wall...

As mentioned above a 6 month contract at 50 a month would easily go over the cost of even the high dollar setup!
Unread 03-31-2013, 06:12 PM   #5
kylejeap
2013 JK Wrangler 

What is the difference, other than looks, between the two. Price difference makes me wonder. Thanks.

Kyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTerrain View Post
Kylejeap,

You can put a soft top on your Jeep very easily. We carry the Bestop Supertop NX and the Trektop NX. Both of which are exactly what you will need to convert from hard to soft top. They both come with all the required hardware and fabric to install it. The install itself is very simple for either top, and can be done in about an hour.

We carry both tops and they are able to be shipped out today. We have free shipping on orders over $75 and an exclusive discount for Jeepforum Members. Send me a PM and I can get you the code!

Hope this helps, if you need any other assistance, shoot me a PM. I'll be more than happy to help.

-Zach
Unread 03-31-2013, 06:30 PM   #6
FizzMaster15
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylejeap
What is the difference, other than looks, between the two. Price difference makes me wonder. Thanks.

Kyle
I looks like one is frameless and the other has a frame. So I would say the price difference is the cost of the frame. Personal preference on the look between the 2 realistically.
FizzMaster15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2013, 07:25 PM   #7
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

The Trektop is basically a safari top with removable windows. The Supertop also has removable windows, but is also still attached at the back corners. It has a frame so you can fold the whole thing down. There are youtube videos that show it better than I can explain it.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:05 AM   #8
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylejeap View Post

Kyle
Kyle,

As has been said, the Trektop is a frameless top, while the Supertop has a frame. The Trektop is basically what Godholio said, it is a safari bikini with windows. You can easily remove the windows are run it just like a bikini top. Then, you can put them back in and have a full soft top in case of inclimate weather. Hree is quick video by Bestop about the Trektop NX.

The Supertop has a bow structure supporting the fabric, instead of the roll bar like the Trektop does. It is easily folded back for a fully topless experience. The windows will zip out of this top as well, but the back corners of the top will still be there and have the chance to flap around at high speeds. Here is the video for the Supertop NX, so you can get an idea of the differences.

Both tops have what's called a Sunrider feature, meaning that you can fold back the front part of the top like a sun roof. It will give you a topless like ride, while leaving the rest of the top up.

Send me a PM if you have any other questions!

-Zach
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.