Turn Signal Relay - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Turn Signal Relay

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-18-2011, 08:23 AM   #1
whitejeep2010
2010 JK Wrangler 

Turn Signal Relay

I switched out to LED lights on a 2010 Wrangler. Anyone have a good how to on locating/changing the relay? Thought it would be located in the fuse/relay panel, but that doesnt appear to be so.

Also interested in knowing where people got thier relays; local parts shops say they don't have one for a Jeep that new. Now I know that Wranglers are known for being right out front on new technology and all, but I think there is likely a pretty run of the mill relay I can get.

Thanks,

whitejeep2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2011, 08:39 AM   #2
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

The JK has no turn signal relay. It is all computer driven.

The noise you hear when the turn signal is operating is an electro-mechanical device whose only function is to produce the sound we are all so familiar with.
The computer sends the pluses to it and the turn signal lights.

If you are having trouble with the speed of the flashing, due to decreased load, you may have to install a resister in each circuit.
There may be a thread on this here, or one of the other forums.
ronjenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2011, 08:45 AM   #3
whitejeep2010
2010 JK Wrangler 

Thanks. Any ideas on how I can deal with fast blinking LED's? Do I just need to install load equalizers on each blinker?
whitejeep2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2011, 08:48 AM   #4
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitejeep2010 View Post
Thanks. Any ideas on how I can deal with fast blinking LED's? Do I just need to install load equalizers on each blinker?
I must have been adding to my post when you posted.
Do a search for LED turn signal lights for info on increasing the electrical load.
ronjenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2011, 09:14 AM   #5
versoel
2009 JK Wrangler 

poison spyder customs sells the resistor that you splice in line to adjust your blinking speed for LEDs.

http://shop.poisonspyder.com/LED-Res.../41-04-650.htm

Tags
electrical , relay , turn signal , wtf

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.