Turn Signal Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Turn Signal Question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
Tbasham
2013 JK Wrangler 

Turn Signal Question

In my 13 jk, when the turn signal is slightly pressed up or down, the correspodning blinker will blink 3 times and then turn off. Some may like the feature but I do not.

Does anyone know how to disable this feature?

Thanks in advance.

Tbasham is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

The AEV Procal can disable it.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Hold it just long enough for the first flash, and that over-rides the "3-flash" default. My experience, anyway

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/s...earthquake.jpg
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #4
Tbasham
2013 JK Wrangler 

I was wondering if that thing could, I know it can do a bunch of things other then fix for larger tires and gear changes. I dont plan on investing major money into my jeep till after i graduate college. So until then I wonder if there is another way because I dont know anyone with a AEV Procal.
Unread 02-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #5
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywillie View Post
Hold it just long enough for the first flash, and that over-rides the "3-flash" default. My experience, anyway
no its break break gas turn the wheel left turn the wheel right A, B, X, X up left up!

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #6
Tbasham
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywillie View Post
I will expierment with that later this evening or next time i drive.
Unread 02-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #7
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbasham View Post
I was wondering if that thing could, I know it can do a bunch of things other then fix for larger tires and gear changes. I dont plan on investing major money into my jeep till after i graduate college. So until then I wonder if there is another way because I dont know anyone with a AEV Procal.
They key to the VIN of vehicle so you wouldn't be able to borrow one.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 03:31 PM   #8
Tbasham
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
They key to the VIN of vehicle so you wouldn't be able to borrow one.
Darn, that puts a damper on my plans, or really means ill have to pay full price for one instead of half. I have a buddy who has a JK too and we both planned on splitting the procal so we could both reap the benefits for half the price.
Unread 02-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #9
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbasham View Post
Darn, that puts a damper on my plans, or really means ill have to pay full price for one instead of half. I have a buddy who has a JK too and we both planned on splitting the procal so we could both reap the benefits for half the price.
I thought i read somewhere on this forum that its possible to clear the procal if you sell it so it isnt vin specific any longer, than you hook it into the jeep and it becomes vin specific to that jeep. I read it somewhere in the `what did you do to your jk today` section. Sometime recently.
toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 07:02 PM   #10
ncb

Clearing the VIN also returns your JK to the factory settings.
ncb is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 07:55 AM   #11
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicwaste29 View Post
I thought i read somewhere on this forum that its possible to clear the procal if you sell it so it isnt vin specific any longer, than you hook it into the jeep and it becomes vin specific to that jeep. I read it somewhere in the `what did you do to your jk today` section. Sometime recently.
It locks to the VIN - you CAN use it in another - just not two at the same time. You have to clear and reset the first veh back to stock before you can use it in a second.
Unread 02-26-2013, 08:26 AM   #12
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmbishop View Post
It locks to the VIN - you CAN use it in another - just not two at the same time. You have to clear and reset the first veh back to stock before you can use it in a second.
Oh, see i was thinking, hook it to a vehicle, program that vehicle, then remove the procal and set it to default on a computer or something, then hook it to a different vehicle and do the same thing. I didnt know when you remove the procal it resets the vehicle i was thinking it was like a plug and unplug kind of tune
toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #13
ncb

To use it on a different vehicle you have to remove the VIN lock on it which will set the computer back to the factory settings. Keeps people from sharing a Procal. You must have access to the vehicle it was VIN locked with to reset it. This is why you have to be careful purchasing a used Procal.
ncb is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.