Tuffy Trunk Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Tuffy Trunk Questions

Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!

Unread 04-03-2007, 11:18 AM   #1
cidster259

Tuffy Trunk Questions

Looking for pros and cons for installing TUFFY STORAGE TRUNK in my O7 X. Back seat already out and need to know if the TUFFY is worth the $$$ and if there are any issues that need to be concidered.

thx

07 X 2 DOOR
BLACK/BLUE
MTZ BAJA 33/12.5/16
AR CLASSIC 16/8
MORE MORE MORE

Last edited by cidster259; 04-03-2007 at 11:48 AM..
cidster259 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2007, 01:11 PM   #2
Jon_H
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Though it wasn't an '07, I had a TJ with a rear Tuffy storage box. I never had anything stolen out of my jeep, so I'm guessing it did a good job

I plan on getting one for my current Jeep as well, when the funds get in. Seeing as Wranglers are not the most thief-proof vehicles, it wouldn't hurt to get some extra security.

I can't think of any cons at the moment. The closest thing to a con that I can think of is that sometimes, the consoles can be tricky to install. I wouldn't let that deter you from getting one though.

'97 TJ Sahara | 31" BFG A/Ts | Dynomax exhaust system
Stock Jeep Club Member #36

Silence is golden, but tape is silver.
Jon_H is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2007, 03:44 PM   #3
jeff@zina.com
2007 JK Wrangler 

The only con is the loss of the back seat. For many, that's not a con anyway.

Jeff
jeff@zina.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2007, 07:00 PM   #4
tennistom1
2009 JK Wrangler 

I have the Tuffy Roller Drawer on my TJ Unlimited. Very secure. A disadvantage on the JK would be that it would hinder access to the new hidden floor compartment in the back.
tennistom1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2007, 08:04 PM   #5
RabidCow

I just installed a Tuffy security drawer in my new JK 2dr. It is an option to install it so there is approx 4 inches clearance between the bottom of it and the floor, so you don't loose access to the stock underfloor storage area. The installation went well, but one thing i am going to add is a cross brace at the front end (front seat end) of the mounting brackets. With the extra space left below the box, it can shift side to side when going over rough terrain. A small metal plate to cover the one end should add the extra stability needed.
Jeff
RabidCow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2007, 08:18 PM   #6
EagerJeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennistom1
I have the Tuffy Roller Drawer on my TJ Unlimited. Very secure. A disadvantage on the JK would be that it would hinder access to the new hidden floor compartment in the back.
That compartment is so small I doubt that it would be missed.
EagerJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.