Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Trying to solve some minor issues after lift install

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Walle 
#1 ·
I installed the TeraFlex B.B. with coils and shock adapters. Great Product. Install was smooth.

Im getting a slight back and forth steering wheel vibration from exactly 40mph to 50mph. Smooth as can be slower or faster than that

When I turn the wheel at slow speeds, or even a standstill, i hear a slight pop occasionally. I tried to get out and listen for where it was coming from but couldnt pin point it. More towards the hub maybe?

Another odd thing was.. When finished, my steering wheel stayed in the exact centered position. I didnt need to change anything.

#3 ·
Check track bar for correct torque...just my 2 cents.

#5 ·
I would drive it a bit before you decide on an alignment or not...most basics can be done with a tape measure, ie. toe in....but, with the BB I would think it would be fine as is. Make sure the JK is sitting on the ground when torquing the track bar...130 lb-ft.

#6 ·
:cool: Just for grins--If you installed NEW coils, it's notta BB and

Have you measured it--there's no way to suspension lift a JK/JKU, over 1" and not displace the steering wheel ctr-

Somethings not kapish !

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

#7 ·
There are plenty of information in the FAQ on how to do an alignment on the JK. Helps to have a buddy (and a couple of beers) to make the toe measurement, you can't adjust your caster angles without adj. control arms, and you'll need to do your steering wheel center. While you're at it, check ALL torques on trackbars, control arms, shocks, draglink, tierod, etc. I dab a bit of paint marker on the nut to indicate it has been checked and torqued to keep track. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.