Truck to Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Truck to Jeep

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 02-29-2008, 08:31 PM   #1
rcmiller

Truck to Jeep

I would like to gets some of your responses to convert or downsize to a jeep from a truck.As of know I owen a Nissan Titan crew cab and use it often for towing about 2800 lbs enclosed trailer.
Just trying to find out if anyone on here had a truck before buying there jeep.
Thanks for any replys

rcmiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-29-2008, 08:34 PM   #2
xxxflhrci

Get you a Jeep. You will get a vehicle that rides rougher, has less power, and uses as much or more gas. Enjoy.
xxxflhrci is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-29-2008, 09:22 PM   #3
wheelerbob
2000 TJ Wrangler 

That's me, I traded in my 2005 Dodge ram 4 door with the sport package, 20" chrome rims, Painted bumpers, tow package, Stainless steps and pretty much every other option I could think of. It had a whopping 15K on it, and I couldn't be happier with the decision I made. Look, the truck was just a nice truck, but the jeep is FUN!!! You can't put a price on that.

Wheelerbob
Unread 02-29-2008, 09:43 PM   #4
Marauderk
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Traded an 05 hemi ram 1500 for my rubicon and been prety happy. I do miss having a truck to haul stuff around so i bought a trailer. People ***** about MPG on the jeep but i get really good MPG much better than the ram i traded in. The jeep does not have a huge towing ablity and with the short wheelbase of my 2door it does not tow as smooth.

Over all i am happy with the trade.

2007 Rescue Green 2d Rubicon 6 speed soft top
Rubicon express 3.5 superflex system,35 in interco truxs mt's, skidrow skid plates, Killby muffler plate
Marauderk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-29-2008, 09:49 PM   #5
NDynamite
2008 JK Wrangler 

Me too! Sold my 3/4 ton Chevy extended cab. Lost load carrying capability and passenger room, getting worse mileage along with a rougher ride.

Couldn't be happier!
NDynamite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-29-2008, 09:53 PM   #6
dstephns
2008 JK Wrangler 

I've got a 95 Ford F150 and I'm going to sell it. Its been a great truck but I've had it 11 years and I'm ready for a change. I ordered a 2dr Rubi and I know there are going to be times that I miss my truck but I love the Rubi.
I think I may get a small trailer to do any hauling or if I need a little more room. I really didn't haul that much with my truck either though. I am very excited about getting my Rubicon and I think it will be just fine for me. Ultimately, you will have to determine the pro's and con's. The 4drs have more room and greater hauling capicity (3500lbs for the 4dr, 2000lbs for 2dr).
The 4dr's are going to be the most practical and they are still very capable. My preference was the smaller 2dr, my kids are grown and there is just my wife and my mutt and me.
dstephns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-29-2008, 10:03 PM   #7
jeepgreenjeep
2008 JK Wrangler 

'05 dodge hemi quad cab 4x4 on 35's...got about 9mpg...have the jeep now get around 16mpg...much happier...and i can take the top off in the summer
jeepgreenjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2008, 05:30 AM   #8
tcass
2012 JK Wrangler 

I kept my 4 x 4 2000 Dodge 2500 cummings turbo diesel. I just couldnt bear to part with the sound of that diesel and turbo whine. I don't use it much, but I just love jammin those gears. My Sahara has the 3.21 gears so I couldn't pull much anyway. My advice is just make sure you get the dealer to gear you right and put on the tow package. I think I can only tow about 1000 lbs with my JK, so whats the use. I do agree with wheelerbob, the Jeep is just fun.
tcass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2008, 10:54 AM   #9
RonKZ650
2008 JK Wrangler 

I still have both. Got the new Jeep and still have my 97 F350 Ford Crew cab diesel. People say the jeep gets worse mileage? I get 5mpg or better economy on the Jeep than the truck under any driving conditions, add to that the rediculous diesel fuel prices and I can drive the Jeep for about 1/2 the cost of the big diesel and have more fun too. The best thing about my Jeep to me is the 6sp manual trans. The truck has an auto which I knew was a big mistake and will never happen again.
RonKZ650 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2008, 12:03 PM   #10
RocksHurt

Dumped a 06 Dodge 1500 Quad cab for the JK. I would not take it back.

JK="Fun Factor"

Auto w/ 3:73 gears, Mopar Rock Rub Rails
Teraflex 2.5 BB
33" BFG KM2s on Moto Metal 955 17x9 Wheels
RocksHurt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2008, 03:12 PM   #11
peenkfloeed
2008 JK Wrangler 

The truck I went from was not full-size... But it was still a great move. Went from a 99 Tacoma to a 08 Unlimited Sahara... I love my Jeep and can't see ever driving anything else.
peenkfloeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2008, 04:41 PM   #12
whyknot

i had a 2002 gmc sierra it was a great truck,but i love my new wrangler.I have had it for about 3 weeks and i can't wait for the summer.Of course there are some trade offs, but for me the good out weigh the bad 100 to 1.Good luck with your new jeep
whyknot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2008, 04:50 PM   #13
bartruff1
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I need both

If you can do with one or the other, you need to look at your amount and pattern of use....I really can't 4 wheel with my Tundra (or take off the top or tow it) and I can't tow or haul my stuff with a JK... If I absolutely had to live with one of them, the pickumup would be the one...but not as much fun..
bartruff1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2008, 05:55 PM   #14
agang28
2008 JK Wrangler 

went from a 06 f-250 dsl to a 08 jk x was getting around 15mpg know getting around 18 mpg with about the same ride
agang28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2008, 06:07 PM   #15
jfalken

I went from an 05 Chevy Z71 ext. cab. The truck rode better and I loved the carry capacity. I got about 18.5mpg and now get about 20mpg so that was a wash. The Jeep is more fun, better handling and better to park. I love the Jeep as a DD, but I am buying a truck with my tax refund to solve for capacity. The truck can be a beater however since I have the Jeep now.
73 RoadRunner - My Rustbucket
R.I.P. - 99 Red Cherokee Classic - 4.0 Auto
<This Space Reserved for a Future Jeep Product>
jfalken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.