Tru-Lock on Sahara - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Tru-Lock on Sahara

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap SkidRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 03-06-2007, 06:20 PM   #1
luckie44

Tru-Lock on Sahara

Has anyone ordered the Tru Lock option ($650) on a Sahara? I have all the details worked out on an order but this is one I'm still debating.
The current options are the automatic and towing package which will yield me the 4.10 gears with Dana 44 rears. The lockers are appealing for the money and I just wondered if any has ordered this option or if anyone knows if this would hold up my order in some way?
You guys here are great and thanks in advance for your responses.

luckie44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2007, 06:26 PM   #2
SecondTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Its a brand new option for non-Rubi JKs. So nobody is going to have it just yet.

But for $650, go for it.

'99 Z28 M6, some goodies
'94 'Vette, A4 all stock
SecondTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2007, 06:36 PM   #3
jeepers3

As far as I can tell, getting it factory installed is lots cheaper than adding it after the fact. So, if you think it is something you want, better to get it now.
jeepers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2007, 06:44 PM   #4
luckie44

Thanks guys, that's what I'm thinking, its much cheaper now than adding later. I'm just in hopes it doesnt hold up my order somehow! Yikes! The delivery stories are horrific around here right now!
Unread 03-06-2007, 06:58 PM   #5
jeepers3

It just depends on your situation. If you CAN wait to get what you want, you're better off doing it in the long run. If you NEED something sooner, well, maybe you have difference choices.

In my case, I waited as long as I could. After five months (July 26-Dec 28) and they still could not give me any kind of ETA at all, I just had to cancel the order and move on. I couldn't wait anymore, I was desperate for a replacement vehicle. I could have bought something else in the meantime, and then sold it when and if the Rubcion came along, but honestly, I was not sure that it would EVER get built. I didn't want to get until May or June or whenever they call it quits, only to be told something to the effect of, "well, sorry, we didn't get around to building your car. Try again next year".

So, good luck with your order! (:
jeepers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2007, 07:43 PM   #6
86 CJ

You should be able to order the Tru-Lok now.
86 CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2007, 04:56 PM   #7
luckie44

Thanks for the updates and information. My sales person is in a meeting tomorrow with DC and should have information concerning it possibly delyaing or not the mfg of the unit. I will keep you posted as to what he finds out.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.