Trouble Starting 2008 RHD Wrangler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Trouble Starting 2008 RHD Wrangler

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 08-04-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
bdobbi

Trouble Starting 2008 RHD Wrangler

We have intermittent cranking problem with the Jeep. Most of time, it cranks fine. But, periodically it clicks like a dead battery when you turn the key. Try several times and it won't crank. Then, it may crank on the next turn. Use to could tap the battery connection and it might crank or take the connection loose and then reconnect and it would crank. Neither works consistently, though. This week, had it towed to dealer and then it cranked every time for them and they said they couldn't diagnose anything wrong. There is another postal carrier in the Post Office that has the same Jeep and it is doing the same thing. Dealer says nothing is showing on their machines and it cranks every time for them. Any ideas?

bdobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2010, 08:12 AM   #2
okie63
2007 JK Wrangler 

Hey Dobbi.
I did a search on my wife's converted RHD 07 and found a site that listed a number of TSB's (Technical Service Bulletins)for the Wranglers. Seems jeep has one out for no crank. Here's the link;
Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource Electrical TSB
okie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2010, 07:51 AM   #3
Bakers4Pack
2008 JK Wrangler 

I know how you feel, we have had 4 - 5 trips to get our starting problems fixed. We have had a battery cable replaced, Starter replaced and an assortment of switches replaced. Just about every time the darn thing would start just fine in the shop at the dealership. It was very sporadic and would happen at the worst time. So we had a remote start installed and that would work no matter what. The next to the last visit to the dealership fixed the starting problem for about a week and then the jeep completely stopped starting using the key. I figured that this was a good thing, so that finally the dealer may see it not starting. I can happily say that it has started each and every time since my last visit. I highly recommend getting the remote start put in. This will help the non starting times. One last thing, there was no apparent rhyme or reason to the timing of the no start. Sometime is would happen on cold starts, short trips or long trips. It did not matter which key we used either. Mine would eventually start after about 15 - 20 minutes. That kinda sucks when you need to pick up your kids from school.

Tags
battery , crank , starter

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.