Trouble changing from 730N to 430N - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Trouble changing from 730N to 430N

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 05-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #16
Don-T
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs
were you able to get this issue taken care of? I just saw a member of a Ram forum, trying to do the same thing as you and is also having this same problem. I was just talking to a friend who has an Chrysler Eng contact about this swap. He said he'd check with him to see if this is possible or not. It does seem quite strange that you can go from any other radio to the 730N but not from the 730N to any other radio.
I am sitting in a dealer waiting room with my fingers crossed right now. I hope they can get it but I don't have a good feeling about it.

Unread 05-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #17
nwbronco
2014 JK Wrangler 

Let us know the outcome.

Bob K.
'13 Black 10A Rubicon JKU
nwbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #18
Don-T
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs
were you able to get this issue taken care of? I just saw a member of a Ram forum, trying to do the same thing as you and is also having this same problem. I was just talking to a friend who has an Chrysler Eng contact about this swap. He said he'd check with him to see if this is possible or not. It does seem quite strange that you can go from any other radio to the 730N but not from the 730N to any other radio.
Good news, it works now! The tech did what I understood he should do, thanks to your, and others, help. He removed the RHR from the network and added the RHB and RSP. At first it seemed to not take but after a few minutes the Uconnect came on and so far works as expected. The tech said the first dealer changed the configuration but did not enable the Uconnect module. The answer is, yes you can "downgrade" from the RHR (730N) to the RHB (430N). I suspect this means you can replace any of the systems with another one as long as the part was an option.

The next concern I have is, can the original microphone be made to work with the new Uconnect module so I don't have to have the add-on microphone?

I don't care for the new color scheme either on the Garmin interface. I have a hard time seeing any or the daylight options. I can see the night time versions fine but that means changing the brightness in the dark because it is too bright. Can I change the software back to the latest version that has the familiar Garmin color scheme? If I can, what version number would that be?

Thanks to all of you for all the help.
Unread 05-14-2013, 06:59 AM   #19
Don-T
2012 JK Wrangler 

Navigation screen picture

I decided to try to post a picture of a nav screen to see what others think of it. Does this look right as far as the streets showing up in contrast to the background? I have a very difficult time seeing the screen in the daylight mode as shown in the picture. The nighttime view is fine in both darkness and daylight. The problem with this is I have to keep adjusting the brightness from day to night.
nav-screen-small-photo.jpg  
Unread 05-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #20
xsdbs

That's great news that you were able to finally get this taken care of.
As for the screen shot, have you tried using the (-) & (+) tabs there to the right? I think that should let you zoom into a better street view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don-T View Post
I decided to try to post a picture of a nav screen to see what others think of it. Does this look right as far as the streets showing up in contrast to the background? I have a very difficult time seeing the screen in the daylight mode as shown in the picture. The nighttime view is fine in both darkness and daylight. The problem with this is I have to keep adjusting the brightness from day to night.
xsdbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #21
Don-T
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
That's great news that you were able to finally get this taken care of.
As for the screen shot, have you tried using the (-) & (+) tabs there to the right? I think that should let you zoom into a better street view.
I have tried the + and - keys. This is an issue even when navigating to a destination. I can see the magenta line just fine but I can't see the streets. I have also tried different brightness levels, nothing helps. I wonder if the regular Garmin color scheme would be better. That is what I have on my Ipad and my wife's Garmin portable. Do you know if I can go back in software levels, maybe 23.XX or 33.XX. I have 43.XX in this one.
Unread 05-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #22
orviston
2012 JK Wrangler 

my 730 is a pain in the azz.. it is somehow screwed up and I lose audio control often.. danged if the dealer can ever see it.. and lately it sometimes decides it can't list the HDD drive contents.

But the one that frosts me is the audio just dropping off.. I go to menu.. and the Audio Control option is grayed out. Comes back on when it decides it wants to.. usually after the ignition is shut off for some time.

gus
orviston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #23
xsdbs

If I remember correctly, I think that I did that before. I'll look for my disc and try it again before I say "yes" though, ok.

Quote:
I have tried the + and - keys. This is an issue even when navigating to a destination. I can see the magenta line just fine but I can't see the streets. I have also tried different brightness levels, nothing helps. I wonder if the regular Garmin color scheme would be better. That is what I have on my Ipad and my wife's Garmin portable. Do you know if I can go back in software levels, maybe 23.XX or 33.XX. I have 43.XX in this one.
Unread 05-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #24
Don-T
2012 JK Wrangler 

I just changed the software from 43.xx to 33,xx. No problem doing it. The colors other than the navigation went back to the traditional blue. The navigation pages stayed black with the map color scheme I can't hardly see. I am now sitting in the jeep loading 23.xx software to see what it does. I hope this stuff works without causing a lot of trouble, I don't have the software to back to the original 43.xx.
Unread 05-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #25
Don-T
2012 JK Wrangler 

Now I have software version 23.04.41 installed. No change to the navigation screens. I wonder what version I need to get the traditional Garmin screens?
Unread 05-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #26
Don-T
2012 JK Wrangler 

So it seems to me that an upgrade disc is not going to work. I need a disk for a full install as if I were replacing the hard drive. Anyone know where to get one?
Unread 05-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #27
xsdbs

The only disc that I know off are update discs. The radios are fully programmed at the radio mfg and I don't think that the public would have access to that Engineering disc.
What exactly are you wanting the map screen to look like or do? Are you sure that the updates that you're using are for both radios (RBZ & RHB)

Quote:
So it seems to me that an upgrade disc is not going to work. I need a disk for a full install as if I were replacing the hard drive. Anyone know where to get one?
Unread 06-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #28
Don-T
2012 JK Wrangler 

I contacted the place I bought the RHB from and discussed the issues as well as telling them what I expected to get when I ordered the unit. They sent me a RMA so I could send the RHB back to them in trade for an RHB from a 2012 instead of a 2013. I now have a RHB that works the way I was expecting it to.

I believe there may be a map update available from Navteq for the RHB, at least the Jeep website claims there is. Does anyone know the version number of the latest Navteq map update for the RHB? I don't want to buy something I already have.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.