Trektop NX... Someone help me understand how this thing keeps out rain/wind - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Trektop NX... Someone help me understand how this thing keeps out rain/wind

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 10-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
Coachfarnen

Trektop NX... Someone help me understand how this thing keeps out rain/wind

I'm about to put on my doors this week and for the life of me I cant figure out how the rain/wind isn't going to get in.... The passenger side seems to curl or insert itself nicely into the door surrounds but the drivers side not so much. And even w the passenger side inserting nicely it doesn't seem as though it will do a great job against the elements. It's almost as if there should be Velcro holding into the door surrounds. Any responses are welcomed and appreciated. Thanks

Coachfarnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Can you post a picture of what you're doing? I have a guess, but a pic would clear it up immediately.

I suspect what you're doing is shoving the end of the fabric between the door and the surround, right? If you look at the door surround with the door open, you'll see a slot running vertically...the end of the fabric actually goes in THERE. So instead of fabric making a 90 degree turn between the door and surround, it makes that bend then another into the slot, so it's kind of a U-shape, with the prongs of the U facing toward the back.

Edit: Expect it to be a real pain in the arse the first few times. It took several tries in hot weather before my passenger-side actually cooperated all the way up to the top.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #3
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

as stated above, this is my first guess.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.