trek top or off road heros - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > trek top or off road heros

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 03-11-2009, 03:16 PM   #1
Rscal1986
2008 JK Wrangler 

trek top or off road heros

i have an 08 yellow unlimited x and want to get a trek top but i hear the orh one is good too. whats your opinion and how does the rear window hook because i dont want to stick velcro on the tailgate because of the paint. i had a 04 wrangler and it had the bar in the back to attach the window. so what i mean can you buy one of those bars for the new jeeps and attach the velco to the bar and then close the tailgate

thanks rick

Rscal1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2009, 03:25 PM   #2
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have the Trektop- the newest revision of it has the tailgate bar. Older models of it do not have it. Unfortunately the dealers have no way of knowing which version they have in stock. I ordered mine from 4wd.com, and it did not have the bar. I called Bestop and they sold me the bar.

BTW- check this thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/aftermarket-tops-keep-out-rain-721333/

The ORH does not have a bar. But I have heard you can purchase the Trektop bar and use it with the ORH top.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #3
AshsUnlimited
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2rock View Post
I have the Trektop- the newest revision of it has the tailgate bar. Older models of it do not have it. Unfortunately the dealers have no way of knowing which version they have in stock. I ordered mine from 4wd.com, and it did not have the bar. I called Bestop and they sold me the bar.

BTW- check this thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=721333

The ORH does not have a bar. But I have heard you can purchase the Trektop bar and use it with the ORH top.
You can use the OE tailgate bar that you already have. I did that and it works just fine. No need to givew out more of your money.
AshsUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2009, 05:17 PM   #4
JERSEYJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

Just bought a 09' Sahara Unlimited in Sunburst Orange with the factory Freedom Top. I was thinking the same thing.....Trek Top! After reading several hours of posts on different forums, I decided on the Trek top. I hope I'm making the right decision.
09' Sahara Unlimited in SUNBURST ORANGE, OME HD suspension lift and M.O.R.E. 1" Body lift, ProComp 17" 7189's BFG 35x12.5x17 KM2's, Superior 5.13 Gear's, AEV Snorkel, Custom KMA Light Bar w/6 IPF's, Cobra 75 WXST cb w/4' Firestick, JKS Quick Disco's, TeraFlex Steering Damper, MBRP Relocation Exhaust, Bestop Trek Top, LoD sliders/front mid-width bumper/rear bumper w/swingout
JERSEYJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2009, 05:24 PM   #5
Rscal1986
2008 JK Wrangler 

i went with a factory soft top that i found on craigslist look on their, i went with it because it was brand new the guy just bought the jeep and it was still in the boxes plus i got it for the same price as trek top look on craigslist or ebay.
Rscal1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2009, 05:38 PM   #6
JERSEYJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscal1986 View Post
i went with a factory soft top that i found on craigslist look on their, i went with it because it was brand new the guy just bought the jeep and it was still in the boxes plus i got it for the same price as trek top look on craigslist or ebay.
Wow! That was a great deal! I wish I could find one like that here in NJ!
09' Sahara Unlimited in SUNBURST ORANGE, OME HD suspension lift and M.O.R.E. 1" Body lift, ProComp 17" 7189's BFG 35x12.5x17 KM2's, Superior 5.13 Gear's, AEV Snorkel, Custom KMA Light Bar w/6 IPF's, Cobra 75 WXST cb w/4' Firestick, JKS Quick Disco's, TeraFlex Steering Damper, MBRP Relocation Exhaust, Bestop Trek Top, LoD sliders/front mid-width bumper/rear bumper w/swingout
JERSEYJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2009, 10:37 PM   #7
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

Hitmoney has the ORH top and raves about it. I bought the ORH combo top two weeks ago, and it should be here this week based on the last email I got.

I picked it over the Trek Top only because I like the way they combo ran the full top with the divider and the duster. Once I get it, I'll take some pics of what's involved to put one on.
Unread 04-05-2009, 08:21 AM   #8
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshsUnlimited View Post
You can use the OE tailgate bar that you already have. I did that and it works just fine. No need to givew out more of your money.
Except most people that buy the Trektop are buying it because they don't have a soft top at all (I am one of those). So we don't have an OE tailgate bar.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Quote:
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
Unread 04-05-2009, 08:27 AM   #9
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteDriver View Post
Hitmoney has the ORH top and raves about it. I bought the ORH combo top two weeks ago, and it should be here this week based on the last email I got.

I picked it over the Trek Top only because I like the way they combo ran the full top with the divider and the duster. Once I get it, I'll take some pics of what's involved to put one on.
Yeah, a couple of my wheeling buds went with the ORH for the same reason. I love the look of the divider/duster (SUT). But it requires the back seat to be put down. And since my kids are always with me when I wheel, I would never be able to use it. So given that fact combined with the ORH costs more than the Trektop, I opted to save a bit of money and went with the Trektop.

Honestly- both the ORH and Trektop are good tops. You can't go wrong with either one of them.

Speaking of the Trektop... I've been wondering for weeks if it was possible to make the Trektop into a bikini top (for protection from the sun when out wheeling with doors off). So yesterday I sat out in the driveway and with a little "creative folding" and a couple bunjee cords, I was able to make the Trek into a bikini I wouldn't try to run freeway speeds with it. But for trail use, or just running around town, it will work.

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 04-05-2009, 09:37 PM   #10
SilvRSpeedX3
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2rock View Post
Yeah, a couple of my wheeling buds went with the ORH for the same reason. I love the look of the divider/duster (SUT). But it requires the back seat to be put down. And since my kids are always with me when I wheel, I would never be able to use it. So given that fact combined with the ORH costs more than the Trektop, I opted to save a bit of money and went with the Trektop.

Honestly- both the ORH and Trektop are good tops. You can't go wrong with either one of them.

Speaking of the Trektop... I've been wondering for weeks if it was possible to make the Trektop into a bikini top (for protection from the sun when out wheeling with doors off). So yesterday I sat out in the driveway and with a little "creative folding" and a couple bunjee cords, I was able to make the Trek into a bikini I wouldn't try to run freeway speeds with it. But for trail use, or just running around town, it will work.
thats kinda what ive been wondering cause thats one of the features of the ORH's one that i like, could you post some pics when you can?
Unread 04-06-2009, 07:19 AM   #11
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvRSpeedX3 View Post
thats kinda what ive been wondering cause thats one of the features of the ORH's one that i like, could you post some pics when you can?
Sorry- I didn't take any pictures. I had to go to a show that night, and that required getting on the freeway so I switched it back to normal beforehand. Weather now sucks, so I won't be doing it this week.

But... Yeah, the ORH does it simply. Makes me wish I had gone with the ORH now. Stupid of Bestop to do the opposite- it rolls back to uncover the seating areas. I think most people would just run topless if they want to run like that. I think makes much more sense to have a top that could easily become a bikini.

Quote:
Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.