Treadwright Tires doing a review. - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Treadwright Tires doing a review.

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 02-25-2014, 12:45 AM   #91
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

Didn't see the psi question answered about the 37s using the military tires. I like my tires now but having a cheap set of play tires would probably save me money in the long run. Would be nice to have a set of these on beads if I could air them down.

Unread 02-25-2014, 09:33 AM   #92
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOKIES2010 View Post
Didn't see the psi question answered about the 37s using the military tires. I like my tires now but having a cheap set of play tires would probably save me money in the long run. Would be nice to have a set of these on beads if I could air them down.
ive thought of running the same setup, treadwrights and h1 take off wheels

i have a few questions before id buy, and it seems like hokies has the same ones.

1)how do they hold up when aired down?

2)are the military tires going to flex well on the trail at 5-10psi

ive almost debated putting some on a vehicle that i don't like, then running them at 10psi on the road 10-35 mph, thatd be the true test.

a raise of concern arises when i go to the trail, an entire day of being run at a low psi, sometimes an entire weekend. then a couple mile trip down the mountain to air up. i've done this time and time again with my mickey thompsons and now my falkens, it just seems airing down is where the retread is really going to be stressed
Unread 02-26-2014, 08:59 AM   #93
tslewisz
2010 JK Wrangler 

A buddy just put a set a set of TW H1 tires on his diesel TJ with one-ton's. We don't have much experience with them yet, but:

- They will flex aired down. With leaky valve stems sitting in the shop, the tires are obviously low on air, bulging the sidewalls. His Jeep is heavy, but since they are rated at 3800+ lbs., we didn't know if he'd even know they were low on air.

- Since TW's are built just like new tires, I don't worry about the the stress of low PSI on the trail or a short run before airing up. Done it many times. My 315's have about 20K on them now.

- They are heavy. A wheel/tire assembly is pushing 150 lbs.

- He's using Dynabeads and they seem to be fine.

- They're narrower than most 37's, just like my 315's are narrower than most 315's (35's). I wish I had better pics, but I don't at the moment. Here's the TJ on 37's:
tslewisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2014, 11:41 AM   #94
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslewisz View Post
A buddy just put a set a set of TW H1 tires on his diesel TJ with one-ton's. We don't have much experience with them yet, but:

- They will flex aired down. With leaky valve stems sitting in the shop, the tires are obviously low on air, bulging the sidewalls. His Jeep is heavy, but since they are rated at 3800+ lbs., we didn't know if he'd even know they were low on air.

- Since TW's are built just like new tires, I don't worry about the the stress of low PSI on the trail or a short run before airing up. Done it many times. My 315's have about 20K on them now.

- They are heavy. A wheel/tire assembly is pushing 150 lbs.

- He's using Dynabeads and they seem to be fine.

- They're narrower than most 37's, just like my 315's are narrower than most 315's (35's). I wish I had better pics, but I don't at the moment. Here's the TJ on 37's:
excited for a long term review, falkens also look pretty narrow, so not too concerned, and not too worried about weight as im at about 130 per corner
Unread 03-06-2014, 11:14 AM   #95
tslewisz
2010 JK Wrangler 

He drove the TJ on 37's to work today and happened to park next to me. My TW's are 315/75-16. Unfortunately, the shadow is hitting the top of my front tire, but you can kinda make it out.
Unread 04-02-2014, 12:01 AM   #96
DezertTJ
Lost

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Any problems with the 315/75/16s? It says there is no warranty on this size
Unread 04-03-2014, 09:54 AM   #97
tslewisz
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezertTJ View Post
Any problems with the 315/75/16s? It says there is no warranty on this size
They took a lot of weight to balance, but that's it. I'd recommend going with their 17's for the warranty. They didn't have that disclaimer when I bought the tires.
Unread 04-04-2014, 07:33 AM   #98
Lenny7
2008 JK Wrangler 

Got a new wheel for my spare a few weeks ago. Took it to discount and they took the treadwright off but then they noticed the date on the sidewall, 2003. They wouldn't re mount the tire on the new wheel because the date on the sidewall was more than 10 years old. I never thought about the casing, or whatever it's called, being that old. A little scary.
Lenny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2014, 04:03 PM   #99
Motophile
2012 JK Wrangler 

I am having a bad experience with Teadwright. First they sent the wrong tires. Ordered the Guard Dog and received the Warden. 30 minutes on the phone and problem solved, correct tires shipped. Made sure before I ordered to find a tire company that could balance the tires correctly. Turns out they can't get any of the 4 tires anywhere near balanced. Would require an ungodly amount of weight. Went to another tire shop and found out the owner drives a JK. He said he has tried to balance 4 sets and never could do it. Also said TW asked him to be a rep or something and he turned them down based on his experiences with the tires. Yes both tire companies saw the TW instructions. Once TW found out I wanted to return the tires I started getting the run around. Wrong number for warranty claims. Call backs that never happened. Even a nice woman that was trying to help me on the phone said she was getting the run around. Called credit card company and disputed the claim. Still waiting on contact from TW. Damn shame, they sure looked nice mounted on my wheels. So many good reviews swayed me to TW. Hopefully my experience will save someone else the hassle.
Motophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2014, 05:23 PM   #100
Motophile
2012 JK Wrangler 

Sorry for jumping the gun but ALL of my local tire shops had me really worried. ALL IS WELL! Tires mounted and balanced. Have not went for a speed run yet but felt great at just over 50mph. In the end, WalMart is king. Took a while to make contact but once I spoke to Susanne in customer service she helped out immensely. She called tire shop where I had trouble and I think it is best if I don't show my face around there because I get the feeling she taught those guys a thing or two. I called every place around trying to get these tires mounted EXCEPT WalMart. She suggested WalMart, emailed me detailed instructions, and I was off to WallyWorld. The tire guy understood the directions but did not understand why so I got in touch with Susanne and she answered all of his questions. He still seemed doubtful but followed the procedure. One wheel took 11 oz. to balance and seemed kind of squirrelly. Susanne is sending me a replacement and letting me keep the squirrel as a spare. As much trouble as I was having getting these things balanced I was swearing them off from future consideration. Now I am not so sure. I am hoping they perform as great for me as they have for everyone here and then I will be a customer for life. Thanks to Susanne!
Motophile is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.