Treadwright Tires doing a review. - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Treadwright Tires doing a review.

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 02-25-2014, 01:45 AM   #91
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

Didn't see the psi question answered about the 37s using the military tires. I like my tires now but having a cheap set of play tires would probably save me money in the long run. Would be nice to have a set of these on beads if I could air them down.

Unread 02-25-2014, 10:33 AM   #92
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOKIES2010 View Post
Didn't see the psi question answered about the 37s using the military tires. I like my tires now but having a cheap set of play tires would probably save me money in the long run. Would be nice to have a set of these on beads if I could air them down.
ive thought of running the same setup, treadwrights and h1 take off wheels

i have a few questions before id buy, and it seems like hokies has the same ones.

1)how do they hold up when aired down?

2)are the military tires going to flex well on the trail at 5-10psi

ive almost debated putting some on a vehicle that i don't like, then running them at 10psi on the road 10-35 mph, thatd be the true test.

a raise of concern arises when i go to the trail, an entire day of being run at a low psi, sometimes an entire weekend. then a couple mile trip down the mountain to air up. i've done this time and time again with my mickey thompsons and now my falkens, it just seems airing down is where the retread is really going to be stressed
awinski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2014, 09:59 AM   #93
tslewisz
2010 JK Wrangler 

A buddy just put a set a set of TW H1 tires on his diesel TJ with one-ton's. We don't have much experience with them yet, but:

- They will flex aired down. With leaky valve stems sitting in the shop, the tires are obviously low on air, bulging the sidewalls. His Jeep is heavy, but since they are rated at 3800+ lbs., we didn't know if he'd even know they were low on air.

- Since TW's are built just like new tires, I don't worry about the the stress of low PSI on the trail or a short run before airing up. Done it many times. My 315's have about 20K on them now.

- They are heavy. A wheel/tire assembly is pushing 150 lbs.

- He's using Dynabeads and they seem to be fine.

- They're narrower than most 37's, just like my 315's are narrower than most 315's (35's). I wish I had better pics, but I don't at the moment. Here's the TJ on 37's:
tslewisz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2014, 12:41 PM   #94
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslewisz View Post
A buddy just put a set a set of TW H1 tires on his diesel TJ with one-ton's. We don't have much experience with them yet, but:

- They will flex aired down. With leaky valve stems sitting in the shop, the tires are obviously low on air, bulging the sidewalls. His Jeep is heavy, but since they are rated at 3800+ lbs., we didn't know if he'd even know they were low on air.

- Since TW's are built just like new tires, I don't worry about the the stress of low PSI on the trail or a short run before airing up. Done it many times. My 315's have about 20K on them now.

- They are heavy. A wheel/tire assembly is pushing 150 lbs.

- He's using Dynabeads and they seem to be fine.

- They're narrower than most 37's, just like my 315's are narrower than most 315's (35's). I wish I had better pics, but I don't at the moment. Here's the TJ on 37's:
excited for a long term review, falkens also look pretty narrow, so not too concerned, and not too worried about weight as im at about 130 per corner
awinski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2014, 12:14 PM   #95
tslewisz
2010 JK Wrangler 

He drove the TJ on 37's to work today and happened to park next to me. My TW's are 315/75-16. Unfortunately, the shadow is hitting the top of my front tire, but you can kinda make it out.
Unread 04-02-2014, 01:01 AM   #96
DezertTJ
Phrasing

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Any problems with the 315/75/16s? It says there is no warranty on this size

Quote:
Iím very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany
DezertTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 10:54 AM   #97
tslewisz
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezertTJ View Post
Any problems with the 315/75/16s? It says there is no warranty on this size
They took a lot of weight to balance, but that's it. I'd recommend going with their 17's for the warranty. They didn't have that disclaimer when I bought the tires.
Unread 04-04-2014, 08:33 AM   #98
Lenny7
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Got a new wheel for my spare a few weeks ago. Took it to discount and they took the treadwright off but then they noticed the date on the sidewall, 2003. They wouldn't re mount the tire on the new wheel because the date on the sidewall was more than 10 years old. I never thought about the casing, or whatever it's called, being that old. A little scary.
Lenny7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #99
Motophile
2012 JK Wrangler 

I am having a bad experience with Teadwright. First they sent the wrong tires. Ordered the Guard Dog and received the Warden. 30 minutes on the phone and problem solved, correct tires shipped. Made sure before I ordered to find a tire company that could balance the tires correctly. Turns out they can't get any of the 4 tires anywhere near balanced. Would require an ungodly amount of weight. Went to another tire shop and found out the owner drives a JK. He said he has tried to balance 4 sets and never could do it. Also said TW asked him to be a rep or something and he turned them down based on his experiences with the tires. Yes both tire companies saw the TW instructions. Once TW found out I wanted to return the tires I started getting the run around. Wrong number for warranty claims. Call backs that never happened. Even a nice woman that was trying to help me on the phone said she was getting the run around. Called credit card company and disputed the claim. Still waiting on contact from TW. Damn shame, they sure looked nice mounted on my wheels. So many good reviews swayed me to TW. Hopefully my experience will save someone else the hassle.
Motophile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2014, 06:23 PM   #100
Motophile
2012 JK Wrangler 

Sorry for jumping the gun but ALL of my local tire shops had me really worried. ALL IS WELL! Tires mounted and balanced. Have not went for a speed run yet but felt great at just over 50mph. In the end, WalMart is king. Took a while to make contact but once I spoke to Susanne in customer service she helped out immensely. She called tire shop where I had trouble and I think it is best if I don't show my face around there because I get the feeling she taught those guys a thing or two. I called every place around trying to get these tires mounted EXCEPT WalMart. She suggested WalMart, emailed me detailed instructions, and I was off to WallyWorld. The tire guy understood the directions but did not understand why so I got in touch with Susanne and she answered all of his questions. He still seemed doubtful but followed the procedure. One wheel took 11 oz. to balance and seemed kind of squirrelly. Susanne is sending me a replacement and letting me keep the squirrel as a spare. As much trouble as I was having getting these things balanced I was swearing them off from future consideration. Now I am not so sure. I am hoping they perform as great for me as they have for everyone here and then I will be a customer for life. Thanks to Susanne!
Motophile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2014, 09:20 AM   #101
monstero

I dont own a jeep but have a montero. And I feel that registering on this site to post this was worth it. So heres my review of Treadwright.

Mods, please move this if needed to appropriate location if needed.

Bad Treadwright Review

I am only writing this review to inform everyone that they have terrible customer service and hope that it benefits someone. A few years ago I decided to try out the 285/75R16 Wardens. I originally ordered a set of 5(one as a spare). I got them, mounted and balanced them, and ran them one trip into work (round trip of about 32 miles). On the trip home I started to notice a terrible vibration in the front. Well the retread had separated from the casing. It had a bubble about the size of a grapefruit that was only getting bigger with speed, so, since I was close to getting home I just lowered my speed and came home and swapped out the spare in my driveway. Ok. Now went the battle with customer service and the warranty. I took pictures and had only put on about 25 miles on the tire. So I contacted them and left numerous messages only to NEVER receive a call back and NEVER have the tire replaced. I called multiple times and kept getting the runaround and transferred only to leave a message that was never returned. These tires lasted me and wore well with rotations until now. I was happy with the product itself. I chalked it up to getting the one bad egg in the carton and went on with my life. But Treadwright’s Customer Service is CRAP. If you have any issues you will not be contacted back and WILL not be refunded/compensated in any way.

I was not a happy customer but hey I said then I wouldn’t go back. Well since finances are tight here right now I just did. I said “Well it’s been a few years and they have grown in size, I will give them another chance and see.” I feel like a moth going towards the bright light and getting fried when it touches the light. So as of last week 10/05/14 I placed my order for 2 replacement tires 285/75r16 Warden Bead to Bead. What I received was NOT what I ordered. They shipped me one Warden and one Mud Dog tire that was the same size. Ok, this puts me in kind of a bind, since I needed the tires now and can practically “see the air” inside the current tires. Well I call up Treadwright and I get transferred and a lady named Catherine she says that FedEx will be coming back to pick up the incorrect tire to return it back to them. “This doesn’t help me”, I said. “I didn’t make the mistake in ordering the tires, you guys (Treadwright) made the mistake in shipping the wrong tire. I need these tires badly”, I said. She replied to me “I’m sorry sir, but as soon as FedEx picks up the tire we will ship you a replacement tire.” “Ok”, I said. “I will wait for your email giving me the tracking number.” Well FedEx came the next day (Friday) and picked up the tire.

I gave it till Monday 10/13/14 and called back to talk to Catherine since I had not received the tracking info yet. I know it takes a few days for the tracking and ETA to actually pop up in the computer. So I get Catherine on the phone and was polite and never raised my voice once thru the conversation. (Even though my blood pressure popped the top…lol) I said “Catherine I have not received a tracking number yet with the new tire being shipped” She replied “Ok, I don’t have it in my computer yet from FedEx, let me give them a call and I will call you back within 15 minutes.” Ok well I was blown away to receive a phone call in 5 minutes from Catherine saying “Sir I don’t know why FedEx isn’t giving us an ETA but once the tire is received and inspected in our warehouse we will ship the correct tire out to you.” I then replied “Catherine you said on Thursday that once the tire was picked up and headed back to you, you would be able to ship out the correct tire” She said “ no sir the best I can do is once the tire is received and inspected we will ship out the correct tire” I said “Catherine, you guys have put me in a bind, I needed these tires now and I am not the one to make the mistake, you guys are, and you have now delayed me a week, or more with shipping times, from getting the correct tire with no form of compensation in a discount or anything.” “To be completely honest I ordered a product, then didn’t receive that product, and have been given the runaround about when I will receive my correct tire. You have lost a customer because of very poor customer service” I said. She really didn’t have a response except to say that “sir, we will ship your correct tire when we receive the other returned one.”

Man I was hot and angry. I am NOT the type to return something and demand compensation for anything, in fact the majority of the time I always eat the loss because I hate complaining. If my order is wrong in a restaurant I usually don’t worry about it because I don’t want someone to spit in my food or anything of the sort by complaining. But this whole scenario has got me just frustrated because in my mind that is not how you do business. I mean the tires were $129 each. Realistically they have spent $50-75 conservatively, shipping that both ways, and then $25 or so to return ship the correct tire. Now that tire is worth half or less of its original value. I am not one to tell someone how to run a business but when you make a mistake you eat the loss and apologize, apologize, apologize and try and win the customer back in the form of coupon, or compensation of some sort, and then you apologize again. YA KNOW. I didn’t get any of this. At least not as of yet anyways.

At this stage, I am waiting to hear when the tire gets there to Treadwright. Then will see what happens next. I will update and give credit and praise to them if they change their tone in any way. But as of RIGHT now at this point I HIGHLY advise against purchasing from Treadwright. My experience has not been fun or pleasurable in any way. At this point I would not take their tires if they gave them to me just out of principal. Customer Service is EVERYTHING in business, you may have a fantastic product but how you handle your customers is what keeps you in business over the long term. And well, like I said before I WILL NOT RECOMMEND Treadwright to anyone.
monstero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2014, 08:24 PM   #102
Fried_Rice

^Good Luck, Treadwright has horrible customer service. 2/4 of my tires failed, at 12k miles and plenty of tread left.

Customer service got defensive and blamed me every way possible to get out of liability for a bad product.

These tires may be fine for off-roading, but do not expect to daily drive them with success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fried_Rice View Post
Hello, I'm new to these forums but I've been members of many others for years. I come here to write my review on these treadwright tires. I had my first tire failure at 12,000 miles. I always kept them properly inflated and rotated. I never offroaded them or abused them in any way (only typical dirt roads, snow etc.). Here is what the first tire looked like, luckily I caught it before it had a full blown blow out.

Treadwright responded fast and shipped me a new tire for warranty replacement. Which I thought was good of them.

Fast forward a month or so down the road. I had another tire failure. Up until the blow out I had horrible vibrations/wheel shake, and horrible noise (which I thought was a wheel bearing). The noise wasn't a typical off-road tire noise it was a constant, wah, wah, wah with relation to speed. It came most prevalently from the tire that blew out. I tried to get the tires re-balanced but that didn't help.

So I contacted Treadwright again and told them what happened, seeing how this was the 2nd out of 4 tires that had disintegrated. They blamed me for proper inflation, etc.. etc.. and would not replace the tire( I knew they wouldn't own up to 2/4 tires failing being their fault). That's fine by me because I picked up a set of standard rims and tires and my Jeep drive 200% better on the road now. Yea, the blow out ruined my rim. I also don't have to worry about having a blowout and potentially harming myself or passengers.
Fried_Rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.