Treadwright Tires doing a review. - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Treadwright Tires doing a review.

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #76
PGHCHAMP
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fried_Rice View Post

That's why I would never go with treadwright.

http://swpaoffroaders.spruz.com/
PGHCHAMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #77
jstrubberg
2009 JK Wrangler 

How far did you drive that after it blew? The entire sidewall had been cut away from the tread.
jstrubberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 08:34 AM   #78
Cutch
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I just picked up 5 Treadwrights..35/70/17 MT on a BFG At carcus...they look really good...will get them ounted and on the Jeep in a couple of weeks then will give my opinion of them.

The concern I have or should I say that Miss Sue has is the quality of the ride...she really enjoys the stock ride and with the Teraflex 2.5 budget boost w/shocks and the 35 in tires....well..she is concerned.....time will tell
Cutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #79
rubicon1000
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGHCHAMP

That's why I would never go with treadwright.
the blow out looks to be his fault I had over 30k on mine when I sold my 03rubicon. now my dad picked up a set for his 06rubicon. I will be getting a set for my 2012 great tires great comp.
SOLD 03 Rubicon , nv 3550 ,4'' RC lift ,1'' RC MM lift, 1.25'' body lift, HD rear bumper, hummer snorkel cap with buick airbox and custom piping, 265/75 r 16 tread wright retread mud tires on stock rubicon wheels, smitty built 8k winch, cobra cb radio, rrc front bumper, pre-runner rear bumper, HID headlights in Hella housings
rubicon1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 10:24 AM   #80
WXman
2001 WJ 

The government has studied it. Universities have studied it. The results are always the same... retread tires are NOT more likely to fail than "new" tires. And the pieces of rubber you see all over the interstate are not there because of retreads...they are there because of improper maintenance of the tires. Google is your friend.

If you guys don't want to save hundreds of dollars, have high quality tires, help the environment, and support a U.S. company by using Treadwright tires...fine, that's your choice. But don't try and ruin it for the others by posting ridiculous pictures. For every picture you post of a failed Treadwright tire, I could easily post 10 of failed "new" tires.
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #81
1AAdam
2000 WJ 

will definately be something i consider this fall!
1AAdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #82
MeatCurtains
2012 JK Wrangler 

To the gentlemen with the blown out sidewall. Last I checked the sidewalls are not modified for the retread. So, the fact you blew the side wall out and the tread is still clinging on to life tells me a few things. You probably didn't properly maintain your tire pressure, and man that tread held in a complete failure.

I have had brand new tires fail exactly the same way as both of those tires. I tore out a lug on a set of BFG and Cooper, and blew out a side wall on a Goodyear. You know what, it happens. Pot holes, wear from airing down, something in the road, lots of stuff. You don't see me blaming it on the manufactures. I rarely see bad reviews about Tredwrights, there is probably a reason. It is a quality product, made in America, in a recycled fashion helping save the environment and your wallet. Everything everyones complains about.

You can buy bad retreads, you probably wo
MeatCurtains is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #83
jojojeep1
1988 YJ Wrangler 

i don't know why warenty dep. din't help you, i called them and told them i couldnt balance the tire's for nothing, they where about 1 year old , and in 2 week's i got 4 new one's,they where good to me just got them today nov. 16 2012 , you have to ask for susan she's the head of the warenty dep. goo luck
jojojeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #84
jstrubberg
2009 JK Wrangler 

Anyone want to comment on road noise of these tires? My pony is gonna need new shoes in the spring, and I like the look and price of the Treadwrights.

After three years running Mickye Thopsons, I wouldn't mind something with a little less hum.
jstrubberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #85
tslewisz
2010 JK Wrangler 

The Guard Dog's howl, big time. Maybe try the Warden?
tslewisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2012, 11:59 AM   #86
pgawne
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Wouldn't do treadwright again.

I was happy with my 31" Wardens, until about 6" of tread came of the driver-side rear. All the sudden there is a pretty load banging from over my shoulder...it was that 6" flap of tire banging around in the wheel well. The flap never totally separated, but I can see there is a gummy substance where the retread meets the carcass. I'm just glad the whole tire didn't come apart.

I was very happy with tires up until this point, but I'll go with something else from now on. I didn't pursue a warranty claim, but I did speak with Treadwright about the issue. Again, I was happy with customer service until something went wrong, and then I was pretty displeased with my experience after that.
pgawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 04:53 AM   #87
mrsig
2007 JK Wrangler 

26,000 miles with a lot of road and off road use and still going strong. I will buy them again and again.

Member of CCJ, White Jeep Club Member #137.
mrsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 10:01 AM   #88
J33PER03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm still thinking if I should give them a try. I heard some good and bad about them but I guess that's the thing with retreads, you get a good one or a bad.
J33PER03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 10:44 AM   #89
Brut4ce

2010 JK Wrangler 

I looked into them a while back.....good product and read a TON positive and a couple negative....
Like posted above I've seen new tires herniate and fail so stuff happens.....I'd trust a tread wright....if I hadn't got a good deal on my tires over the years I'd run them....
Anything can fail that's what warranty is for nothing is 100% perfect...I'd say that tread wright is up there though...

BUILT FOR THE ROCKS BUILD CLICK HERE
Brut4ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 08:17 PM   #90
P NUT

They seem fine and not a lot of failures reported.

But, for me, the increased CHANCE of a blowout is not worth the few hundred dollars saved. Not for my life, nor my wife and kids.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-te...our-lives.html
P NUT is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.