Treadwright Tires doing a review. - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Treadwright Tires doing a review.

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-25-2012, 11:06 PM   #61
zamball
2009 JK Wrangler 

It appears the lug pattern would be suited for mud than the MT's...

Unread 02-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #62
mattlago
2012 JK Wrangler 

Recent update. I had to do a trip on the freeway (way too much of this lately) and at 75 mph Im getting a vibration. I havent had a chance to get under and see if I have mud clinging to the tires or if I lost a wheel weight. Worst case, may need to bring back to have balanced.

On a better note. In AZ, we have "washes" which are dried out river beds. They have EXTREMELY loose sand that is very deep and I have gotten stuck in them with other vehicles. Since it hadnt rained in awhile, some friends and I decided to see how far one went.

Normally in this stuff you just bog in low gear for days, but I am happy to report, these tires were a dream. They bit right in and I had NO issue cruising right along. Very good in these conditions and didnt bother to air down as didnt need it at all.

2012 JKU RUBI PALE TAN
mattlago is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #63
mattlago
2012 JK Wrangler 

Had the tires checked for balance yesterday. Mechanic said one was way out of whack and looked like could see where there was a weight before. He was nice enuff to let me torque check my spacers while he was doing the balancing. It rides like glass now even up to 80.

2012 JKU RUBI PALE TAN
Unread 02-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #64
mattlago
2012 JK Wrangler 

Also, was able to get her off road a little and thought would post a pic for those of you up in the midwest getting hammered with snow...

Tires, still great.
img_1242-copy-copy.jpg   img_1234.jpg  

2012 JKU RUBI PALE TAN
Unread 02-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #65
jpacosta
2011 JK Wrangler 

matt you did the static correct?
jpacosta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #66
mattlago
2012 JK Wrangler 

Yes, but I have been using new dryer sheets that seem to fix it.

To be honest, I dont know. I had told him that I had heard this but he is one of those good ol's boys that communicates by grunting.

Feel free to post on here what that is and how others would know so as to educate me and others.

2012 JKU RUBI PALE TAN
Unread 03-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #67
Fried_Rice

Hello, I'm new to these forums but I've been members of many others for years. I come here to write my review on these treadwright tires. I had my first tire failure at 12,000 miles. I always kept them properly inflated and rotated. I never offroaded them or abused them in any way (only typical dirt roads, snow etc.). Here is what the first tire looked like, luckily I caught it before it had a full blown blow out.

Treadwright responded fast and shipped me a new tire for warranty replacement. Which I thought was good of them.

Fast forward a month or so down the road. I had another tire failure. Up until the blow out I had horrible vibrations/wheel shake, and horrible noise (which I thought was a wheel bearing). The noise wasn't a typical off-road tire noise it was a constant, wah, wah, wah with relation to speed. It came most prevalently from the tire that blew out. I tried to get the tires re-balanced but that didn't help.

So I contacted Treadwright again and told them what happened, seeing how this was the 2nd out of 4 tires that had disintegrated. They blamed me for proper inflation, etc.. etc.. and would not replace the tire( I knew they wouldn't own up to 2/4 tires failing being their fault). That's fine by me because I picked up a set of standard rims and tires and my Jeep drive 200% better on the road now. Yea, the blow out ruined my rim. I also don't have to worry about having a blowout and potentially harming myself or passengers.
Fried_Rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #68
A100POUNDHEART
1986 CJ7 

bump. any up date on these tires?
A100POUNDHEART is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 07:43 AM   #69
Cutch
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I am getting very close to pulling the trigger on some 315's...
Cutch is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #70
Butterjeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have not run these myself but I have only heard mainly not just good but great reviews about them. To be honest I forgot about Treadwrights until I saw this thread. Just spent $1600 on some BFG Muds. If I remembered I woulda bought Treadwrights. Doh.
Unread 07-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #71
ljrubitm
2011 JK Wrangler 

I've been thinking about these for my next tire. Every post talks about on road and off road manners. What I would like to see is tread wear.
If you've had these for a yr or more can you post a picture of the tread and how many miles you have on these tires Thank You.
ljrubitm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2012, 05:28 AM   #72
mrsig
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljrubitm View Post
I've been thinking about these for my next tire. Every post talks about on road and off road manners. What I would like to see is tread wear.
If you've had these for a yr or more can you post a picture of the tread and how many miles you have on these tires Thank You.
T I have 21,XXX on them now and still going great. Come by the house and see for your self. I will be back from Citrus tonight.
Friday at Citrus..

A few weeks ago Everglades.

Bear in May..

Member of CCJ, White Jeep Club Member #137.
mrsig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #73
robinson86

I just can't justify spending $40k on a vehicle, taking the time to perfect the lift and handling, and the ride just right and then try to save a few hundred on a component that could make or break a trip...the tires. If it was a superior choice for the money it would be a different story, but I'm not feeling it.
robinson86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #74
mattlago
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have been out and am now having to report that I no longer have the tires on my vehicle. I had to come down back to factory tires as I had back surgery and running the tires was just unbearable. Not to say it was the brand as much as the size. Frankly, if it persists, I may need to get out of the jeep game and go to a luxo soft sedan. OH THE AGONY.

The tires were great, had no issues, wore well etc etc etc. I would not hesitate to recommend them. I just cant handle the bouncing. Old age sucks!

So, I cant contribute to the thread anymore. But for the price, I think they are a no brainer.

2012 JKU RUBI PALE TAN
Unread 07-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #75
tslewisz
2010 JK Wrangler 

About 10,000 miles on this set:
tslewisz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.